This forum is ruined

This forum is ruined

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please don't misunderstand me Ming sir, there are many atheists who are not devoid of spirituality although they profess not a belief in the creator and whose contributions are excellent leading us to a better understanding of our own perspective and enlightening us to their own, its those who constantly and persistently refuse to look at things spir ...[text shortened]... manner with terms like liar, and dishonest etc , once he realises that, he will mellow, i hope.
I infer then I am one of these "perstilent" types!
In principle (not necessarily speaking for myself) one who does not believe in the spiritual, could most likely, only change this belief should his/her attempts to reduce all in terms of material fail (in a mindset shattering, catastrophic way). This is where you theists should be stepping in to provide solid, irrefutable arguments that undermine ours. This has not yet occured, not even close!!

Back on topic...this is the spirituality forum, not the preaching, Christian communion, Bible studies, etc... forum.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 10

please don't misunderstand me Ming sir, there are many atheists who are not devoid of spirituality although they profess not a belief in the creator and whose contributions are excellent leading us to a better understanding of our own perspective and enlightening us to their own, its those who constantly and persistently refuse to look at things spir ...[text shortened]... manner with terms like liar, and dishonest etc , once he realises that, he will mellow, i hope.
You are mistaking arguments with which you merely disagree with arguments which you find fundamentally incomprehensible. They are not at all the same.

t

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by Agerg
In principle (not necessarily speaking for myself) one who does not believe in the spiritual, could most likely, only change this belief should his/her attempts to reduce all in terms of material fail. This is where you theists should be stepping in to provide solid, irrefutable arguments that undermine ours. ...[text shortened]... on topic...this is the spirituality forum, not a preaching, Christian communion, etc... forum.
You SAID IT, "spiritUAL"

t

Moves
05 Nov 10

Originally posted by rwingett
You are mistaking arguments with which you merely disagree with arguments which you find fundamentally incomprehensible. They are not at all the same.
Yes, incomprehensible in LIES, influencial conditioned "accept to be" truths, which is ignorance.

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
In principle (not necessarily speaking for myself) one who does not believe in the spiritual, could most likely, only change this belief should his/her attempts to reduce all in terms of material fail. This is where you theists should be stepping in to provide solid, irrefutable arguments that undermine ours. ...[text shortened]... s the spirituality forum, not the preaching, Christian communion, Bible studies, etc... forum.
nor can it my friend, for all we can state with any certainty is that it appears this particular way to us. Its like seeing beauty, how can one prove that the aesthetic quality of something is actually beautiful? Can it be done in purely materialistic terms? For example, we might begin to say, the object of my fascination penetrates my mind via the senses, moving the electrochemical impulses in my mind to lead me towards a pleasing appreciation of its qualities etc etc, of course it cannot be done for it proves nothing, must we therefore insist that beauty does not exist?

Spiritual things cannot be subject to the same criteria as material things, ummm, i think, it sounds like a rather pompous statement, and i have not checked any variations, it may be refuted.

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10

all arguments i disagree with are fundamentally incomprehensible! its like you and your Pauline letters, only the ones you agree with are authentic πŸ™‚

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 10

all arguments i disagree with are fundamentally incomprehensible! its like you and your Pauline letters, only the ones you agree with are authentic πŸ™‚
Now you're just being tiresome. Time to go to debates (not that it'll do me any good).

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10

Now you're just being tiresome. Time to go to debates (not that it'll do me any good).
no you shall only get depressed there, hang around for a bit maybe someone will post something with content.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
05 Nov 10

Yep, I'm done with the Spirituality forum. The good ol' days are gone. Too bad, really, since this was the most philosophically sophisticated of the RHP fora. Now it is a wasteland of jibberish.

rc

Moves
05 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by bbarr
Yep, I'm done with the Spirituality forum. The good ol' days are gone. Too bad, really, since this was the most philosophically sophisticated of the RHP fora. Now it is a wasteland of jibberish.
whats that in the distance, a banner full of cheer, balloons and streamers, the sound of mirth and laughter,

perhaps the description was not sophisticated enough, the language rather plain,

Spirituality, debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

T

Moves
05 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Whilst your defending these spammers may give you a warm sense of righteousness, it is not helping this forum.
Your ongoing juvenile attacks are not helping this forum either. What you are exhibiting is self-righteousness. Perhaps you are projecting motivations that are important to you upon me. Perhaps you are getting a "warm sense of righteousness" with your antics. I get no "warm sense of righteousness".

Truth be told there are several fundamentalist Christians who post here that are not all that different other than being a bit more polished.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Nov 10

By two spamming idiots vishvahetu and tacoandlettuce.

You people who encourage and tolerate their trolling are not doing this site any favours.
You can do what I do when I encounter someone who doesn't listen or who doesn't know how to share in a meaningful debate.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Nov 10

Maybe you're right. I mean the part about it being time to go to the debate forum. πŸ™‚

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Nov 10
3 edits

nor can it my friend, for all we can state with any certainty is that it appears this particular way to us. Its like seeing beauty, how can one prove that the aesthetic quality of something is actually beautiful? Can it be done in purely materialistic terms? For example, we might begin to say, the object of my fascination penetrates my mind via the ...[text shortened]... ounds like a rather pompous statement, and i have not checked any variations, it may be refuted.
Surprisingly, I don't hold any notions of objective beauty. Even more surprising, in the subjective sense, I claim that the perception of beauty *can* be reduced to wholly material terms; for example, the processing of various sensory inputs that takes place in our brains perhaps manifests the perception of "beauty" if they are in symphony with the way we're individually predisposed to thinking, or invoke the recollection of memories which made you happy. (Example - I see little beauty in swirly colour fine art...I see much more beauty in well drafted, monotone pencil drawings; and strangely I am drawn to engineering drawings (CAD generated or not)!...this reflects, in part, my way of thinking.)

With regards your comment about the criterion for assessing spiritual things, I say there are no means via which you could have any capacity to talk soundly about states of being that are beyond your perception...so challenging your notions of it is fair game.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Nov 10

By two spamming idiots vishvahetu and tacoandlettuce.

You people who encourage and tolerate their trolling are not doing this site any favours.
A-effing-men.