This forum is a joke

This forum is a joke

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
What is wrong with you?
Just following the logic of your position, or are you of the belief that unborn children are not humans.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
What is truth? Try answering it without using a Bible.

This is what I believe to be the truth:

Outside of death and resurrection of Jesus Christ I see no other hope for humanity.

You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free.

What do you believe to be the truth? Give it your best shot.
I believe the truth is all religions are man made by men to control other men and put down women. ESPECIALLY the big three Abrahamic ones.

I think those three are the biggest scam ever to have scourged mankind and the sooner we shuck the blinders of the duped the sooner the human race can actually mature into a species that doesn't start wars over religion.

I have no idea if there is a god or not. I am a bible atheist though.

I think if anything, if there is a god or gods, we are under quarantine because it is very clear no god has come down to Earth to help fix our boo boo's.

Our species will go extinct one day without a peep from the alleged god you worship.

We have already lost literally hundreds of millions of people to wars and not a word from your or anyone else's god. Prove me wrong. Without resorting to a bunch of bloated bible verses.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
08 Jul 17

Sonhouse, have you considered there may be a life force? More going on then atoms bouncing around.

Physics is easy, and it isn't the whole story.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by apathist
Sonhouse, have you considered there may be a life force? More going on then atoms bouncing around.

Physics is easy, and it isn't the whole story.
Sure, there are a lot of things we don't know. But your life force, how would you go about proving that? And what do you mean by 'life force' anyway? Soul?

If life has a force then I would expect any planet with anything like our Earth climate, liquid water, sunlight and such would have life on it and therefore life would exist on literally trillions of planets in the universe and billions of planets in our own galaxy.

Out of all that life, I would expect mankind not to be the pinnacle of creation that there would be life beyond us somewhere in the universe and probably in our own Milky way.

So where are they?

My guess is we are too far down the totem pole of civilized society to be worth being contacted and maybe never will since our funnest game seems to be war.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
I have no idea if there is a god or not. I am a bible atheist though.
Good, good.

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sure, there are a lot of things we don't know. But your life force, how would you go about proving that? And what do you mean by 'life force' anyway? Soul?

If life has a force then I would expect any planet with anything like our Earth climate, liquid water, sunlight and such would have life on it and therefore life would exist on literally trillions of ...[text shortened]... society to be worth being contacted and maybe never will since our funnest game seems to be war.
Relativity decrees that, unless we can travel near lightspeed, we will be limited to our own area of space, and by time. Meaning that even if we can reach near-lightspeed, we could end up outliving the universe in our own lifetimes.

This is probably by design, to prevent civilizations from destroying one another, since it is so difficult to reach any others, separated as we are by space, and, therefore, time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Just following the logic of your position, or are you of the belief that unborn children are not humans.
I'm of the belief that you have a deplorable view of humanity.

F

Moves
08 Jul 17

Originally posted by Suzianne to Eladar
I'm of the belief that you have a deplorable view of humanity.
Be that as it may, but do you see carrying out abortions and engaging in homosexual sex as being "sins"?

E

Moves
09 Jul 17

Originally posted by FMF
Be that as it may, but do you see carrying out abortions and engaging in homosexual sex as being "sins"?
An abortion to actually allow the mother to live when both would die isn't clearly sinful, but for the most part the answer to your question is yes.

F

Moves
09 Jul 17

An abortion to actually allow the mother to live when both would die isn't clearly sinful, but for the most part the answer to your question is yes.
The question is for Suzianne, not you.

E

Moves
09 Jul 17

Originally posted by FMF
The question is for Suzianne, not you.
I think her answer would be that it doesn't matter if it is sinful since if you believe you have taken Jesus as your savior your sins are covered by Jesus' grace.

Let's see how far off I am if she bothers to reply.

F

Moves
09 Jul 17

I think her answer would be that it doesn't matter if it is sinful since if you believe you have taken Jesus as your savior your sins are covered by Jesus' grace.
Do you believe that if you "sin", you will not be "saved"?

E

Moves
09 Jul 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe that if you "sin", you will not be "saved"?
If you choose to live a lifestyle of sin, then you are not a child of God, although children of God sin.

F

Moves
09 Jul 17

If you choose to live a lifestyle of sin, then you are not a child of God, although children of God sin.
So, are you going to be "saved"?

F

Moves
09 Jul 17

...children of God sin.
So, with Christian homosexuals, what counts as "sin"?