There is no “eternal son”

There is no “eternal son”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 22
2 edits

But the essence of god is ONE. Jesus and Jehovah are the same spiritual entity. The one god.

It’s not difficult, you just don’t like it!

Difficulty is not the issue. What is WRITTEN is the issue.
And if the sons reign forever and ever you can be assured that THE Son as the prototype unto whom the sons were conformed will also as a God-man reign for eternity.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:28.,29)

The Son remains.
The many brothers as sons with the sonship remain as well.

Hand waving again and again that the word "trinity" is not written in the text doesn't change this.

Moves
28 Apr 22

Someone seems to have been triggered!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester
You've run out of gas.
But that is hardly the point or important.

That the Son of Man, the Son of God, the Firstborn Son remain God-man for eternity - that is what is important.

Little emotional snippets are meaningless all around.

Moves
28 Apr 22

Moves
28 Apr 22

@sonship said
@divegeester
You've run out of gas.
You wish.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester

No I do not wish for your failure.
God desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth.

Readers can decide for themselves.
Your temporary Son of God office is imaginary - Unitarianism hard at work.

Moves
28 Apr 22

@sonship said
@divegeester

You should be, because I’ve just demonstrated how simple it is to detail the truth without all your man made dogma.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 22
4 edits

@divegeester

Which quotation represented "man-made" dogma?

That Jesus is a Priest forever is "man-made" ?
That the Son of Man has an eternal dominion is "man-made"?
That the Son's throne is forever and ever is "man-made"?
That the sons of God reaign forever and ever is "man-made"?

That God said "Us" is "man-made?"

You speak as one obsessed.
That the Lamb - the Redeemer reigns with God is "man-made" ?

"And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying,

To Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever. And the four living cretures said, Amen, and the elders fell down and worshipped." (Rev. 5:13,14)

Is it "man-made" here that universal worship and honor and glory are rendered to the Triune God forever and ever - the One upon the throne and the LAMB as the God-man who was slain and standing?

You are saying the Lamb is NOT worthy?
The universe disagrees with you. The Lamb is worthy of eternal honor and glory - not worthy to disappear in your Unitarian denial of the Triune God.

" . . . saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb who has been slain to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing." (v.12)

Is the universal worship rendered the slain and resurrected Redeemer, the Lamb of God "man-made" too ?

F

Moves
29 Apr 22

@sonship said
@divegeester

God desires all men to be saved and to come to the full knowledge of the truth.
Can divegeester still be "saved" if he "fails" to agree with what you claim is your "knowledge of the truth"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
4 edits

@FMF

Can divegeester still be "saved" if he "fails" to agree with what you claim is your "knowledge of the truth"?

Don't try to highjack the thread away from its issue in the OP.

The question focused on by me on this thread and on the one I started is the eternal Son and the sons with eternal life.

Is Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, yes, even forever or as Divegeester would say "No NOT forever" ? For him the glorified man goes out of existence. He thinks by teaching like this he is doing "one God" service.

I count "yesterday" to refer to the day Jesus was resurrected and was everafter the Firstborn Son of God.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Heb. 13:8)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, yes, even forever" regardless of whether FMF approves of my behavior or not.

Moves
29 Apr 22

Moves
29 Apr 22

@fmf said
Not according the statement of beliefs on the Lord’s Recovery Church website which states unequivocally that in order to be saved a person MUST believe in this “holy trinity” doctrine, which isn’t even in the bible.

Incidentally sonship refuses to confirm or deny whether or not he agrees with this doctrine. Probably because he doesn’t but is too scared of his Church leadership to put it in writing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

Red herrings many will not make the Son of God temporary. The Son through whom God made the universe is the eternal Heir of all things.

God, having spoken of old in in many portions and in manuy ways to the fathers in the prophets,

Has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe; (Heb. 1:1,2)

Red herrings frantically put forward by Divegeester for atheism's encouragement and support do not change that thies Son is appoointed an eternal Heir of the universe through the Triune God created through this Son.

The writer goes on about His becoming the Redeemer sitting forever at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

"Who [the Son] , being the effulgence of His glory and the impress of His substance and upholding and bearing all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (Heb. 1:3)

Divegeester and FMF have no juicy gossip to nullify this truth from the word of God.

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit