There is no “eternal son”

There is no “eternal son”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

I wrote above:

The Son through whom God made the universe is the eternal Heir of all things.

I know that He is the eternal Heir because of the Son it is said by God that His throne is "forever and ever".

"But of the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, . . . " (Heb. 1:8a)

Divegeester teaching that there is no eternal Son is a lie.
And Divegeester teaching there is no [in quotes] "eternal Son" in the text of the Bible is his degious way to propogate his lie.

I am not being polite now.
I will bear before God the repsonsibility for what I write here.
The Son of God is the Heir of all things whose throne is forever and ever.

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

@sonship said
Red herrings many will not make the Son of God temporary.
There is no mention of an “eternal son “ anywhere in the bible, you’re making it up.

There is no mention of a “trinity” anywhere in the bible … you AND your Recovery Church are making it up!

There absolutely no need and no biblical requirement to believe in a fake “trinity” doctrine as a prerequisite for salvation, as your Recovery Church leaders proclaim, they are making it up.

It’s ALL made up.

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
3 edits

The Son is the eternal Heir of all things according to Hebrews.

His throne is not temporary but forever and ever.
You utterly lose the Unitarian case the the Triune God will disregard and discard the Son thorugh whom God made the universe, became the Redeemer, and was born in resurrection as the Firstborn Son of God with an "forever and ever" throne and kingdom.

THIS DAY below is the day the onlybegotten Son was raised from the dead to take on the status of being the Firstborn Son with many brothers.

"For to which of the angels has He ever said, "You are My Son; this day I have begotten You?" And again, " I will be a Father to Him, and He will be a Son to Me"?

When the Onlybegotten after accomplishing eternal redemption was resurrected he was born the Firstborn Son for the purpose of "leading many sons into glory" (Heb. 2:10)

Here we see the Firstborn coming again in the end of the church age with many sons to be glorified with Him.

"And when He brings again the Firstborn into the inhabited earth, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him." (Heb. 1;6)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

As some of you can see, the Son as an eternal Heir is not a matter of what anyone "likes". It has nothing to do with the emotional preferring of anyone.

"Oh you just don't like that there is no eternal Son of the Father" [/i]

This quip makes no difference to what is revealed, what is written - the Son's throne is forever and ever. And the Son is the very speaking of God today and the Heir of all thrings.

The specifics Divegeester is not able to contradict.
He remains mum on the three-one God speaking "Let Us . . . ".

He remains mum on the prayer that the Divine "We" of God is the speaking of the Son, and the recording in recollection of the Apostle John.

"And the glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one. even as We are one." (John 17:22)

Both the Father and the Son of the divine and eternal "We" are in existence at the same moment. And the Son petitions the Father and the Father hears and answers the Son's mighty petition.

As the Word was with God and was God, so the Son of God was with the Father and was God before the world was.

"Father, concerning that which You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." (v.24)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
2 edits

I proved that delivering or handing over as some versions say is not necessarily RELINQUISHING as in no longer owning.

Paul delivered to you what was delivered to him as the gospel. It was still "my gospel" .

Here are some renderings of 1 Cor. 15:24

English Standard Version
Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.

Berean Study Bible
Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power.

Berean Literal Bible
then the end, when He shall hand over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He shall have annulled all dominion, and all authority and power.

King James Bible
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The Son after delivring the kingdom to the Father is utter submission as a testimony is still the Son with a throne forever and ever and a Son of Man with an eternal dominion.

Paul delivers the Gospel and still owns the gospel.

"For I delivered to you, first of all, that which also I received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures." (1 Cor. 15:3)

"In the day when God judges the secrets of men according to MY GOSPEL through Jesus Christ." (Romans 2:16)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 22
1 edit

@divegeester

There is no mention of an “eternal son “ anywhere in the bible, you’re making it up.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
" . . . Jesus Christ, the Son of God" (Mark 1:1)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Heb. 13:8)

At what point in the future does Jesus Christ become NOT the same and no longer the Son of God?

Even if it does say He delivers the kingdom to God the Father (1 Cor. 15:24) it is totally MADE UP BY YOU that HE then is not the same and suddenly is no more the Son of God.

Hebrews 13:8 is a death blow to your heresy of none eternal Son of God.

There is no mention of a “trinity” anywhere in the bible … you AND your Recovery Church are making it up!

Your slander is a transparantly poor facade to disguise the fact that you CANNOT make Hebrews 13:8 change "yes, even forever" to mean the opposite - "temporary."

While you think to send me off to argue other criticisms, you have NOTHING to refute that the Son of God, Jesus Christ is "the same -
YESTERDAY,
TODAY,
EVEN FOREVER.

You also can not red herring your way OUT of the false teaching that Jehovah God is the Word who was with God and was God (John 1:1) - the Elohim who said "Let Us" and the Jehovah Who said "like one of Us"{/b] and [b]"who will go for Us."

"Recovery Church" is your own concoction and only a red herring to conceal that in site of the word "Trinity" written in the Bible - the FACT of the three-onenesss of God the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit is in Scripture.

All your manuevors and pushing of emotional buttons and implying sectarianism totally FAIL to show a TEMPORARY Son of God and the Divine "We" and divine "Us" and Divine "Our image" and divine name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit reveal to man the Trinity.

There absolutely no need and no biblical requirement to believe in a fake “trinity” doctrine as a prerequisite for salvation, as your Recovery Church leaders proclaim, they are making it up.

Here again is your shifting by means of red herring to cry "sectarian" where you CANNOT refute:

The eternal Son of God,
The three-oneness of God in the Bible

It’s ALL made up.

Your temperory "Son" who is not eternal is a man-made unbelief in the pure words of the Scripture - the Son was perfected FOREVER, has a throne forever, has the eternal dominion of Himself as the Son of Man, and though delivers the kingdom still is the King reigning with the sons of God forever and ever.

The Son of God said "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me." (Matt. 28:18)

Apparently you hope that the Son of God will be no more one day and He will lose all the authority. What you want is not going to be what you get.

Moves
29 Apr 22

😂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 22
3 edits

Being serious now.

"Then the end, when He delivers up the kingdom to His Gad and Father, once He has abolished all rule and all authority and power." (1 Cor. 15:24)

But it does not say that the Son of God is NO MORE.

"For He must reign until God puts all His enemies under His feet." (v.25)

Neither does this say that because of this the Son of God no longer exists.

"Death, the last enemy, is being abolished." (v.26)

This too does not teach that the Son of God is then NO MORE.
It is not the Son of God which is being abolished but death.

"For He has subjected all things under His feet." (v.27a)

This doesn't mean the Son of God goes out of existence with His feet.

"But when He says that all things are under subjected, it is evident that all things are except Him who has subjected all things to Him." (v.27b)

Nothing here about the Son being no more, going out of existence, His office being abolished, or afterwards there is no more Son of God.

The Son, "the Beloved" with whom the Father is well pleased (Matt. 17:5) is not then obsolete and discarded or made to no longer to exist.

The oneness of God simply does not call for any such interpretation.

"And when all things havebeen subjected to HIm, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to Him who has subjected all things to Him, that God may be all in all." (v.28)

Nothing there about the Son going out of existence.
For "God to be all in all" is for all to recognize that God is all in all.

Christians should take the lead to recognize that God is all in all always - now and forever. That has nothing to do with the Son of God being non-existent. For that matter it also does not mean there are no more sons or no more Father.

Moves
30 Apr 22
2 edits

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 22
2 edits

@divegeester

This is my reply to you sonship.
Here you alert it again if you are scared of it; tells me all I need to know 😉

Nice self flattery.
Now anything else?

There is only one god and that god is one entity; his name is Jehovah in the Old . . .

I am familiar with this outline. I know where to view it again should it be necessary.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 22

@divegeester said
😂
This is another way of you saying, "so be it?"

Moves
30 Apr 22

@kellyjay said
This is another way of you saying, "so be it?"
No, I’m laughing at sonship who is so scared of my statement that he’s had it deleted by a moderator.

How utterly pathetic is that.
In all my years of posting here I have never seen a Christian so scared of a few words as sonship is.

Moves
30 Apr 22

@sonship said
@divegeester
This is my reply to you sonship.
Here you alert it again if you are scared of it; tells me all I need to know 😉

Nice self flattery.
Now anything else?

There is only one god and that god is one entity; his name is Jehovah in the Old . . .

I am familiar with this outline. I know where to view it again should it be necessary.
There is only one god and that god is one entity; his name is Jehovah in the Old Testament.

Jehovah came to earth in bodily form

His flesh had a beginning at his conception and his given human name is Jesus

Jesus was Jehovah in bodily form; his spirit was the spirit of Jehovah

Jesus accomplished his task as a son and returned to heaven where his flesh had been transfigured for that purpose

His spirit, the spirit of Jehovah returned to him as a whole and the position the fleshly part of him held as a son was finished with.

The son was again the father. The son “handed over all things to the father”.

None of this interferes with the deity of jesus, the lordship of jesus the names of Jesus. We still access the father through jesus because that is the given name by which we are saved.

But the essence of god is ONE. Jesus and Jehovah are the same spiritual entity. The one god.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Apr 22

@divegeester said
No, I’m laughing at sonship who is so scared of my statement that he’s had it deleted by a moderator.

How utterly pathetic is that.
In all my years of posting here I have never seen a Christian so scared of a few words as sonship is.
I've seen you make claims about others, myself included, in how you look at them as if you know when you don't. So you telling me he was scared is as meaningful to me as you making claims about my church allowing me to teach. You have no idea, but it doesn't stop you from putting words and motives in others' mouths as if you know when you most certainly don't.