The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

romans, I don't think you are stupid. A little bit dumb maybe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Good answer. But isn't there a system?
No, not if you mean I always arrive at conclusions in the same way.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

I vote no. How about you?
I vote Yes.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

romans, I don't think you are stupid. A little bit dumb maybe.
Would you be offended if I told you I don’t care what you think of me? Don’t be. I don’t care what anyone on here thinks of me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Would you be offended if I told you I don’t care what you think of me? Don’t be. I don’t care what anyone on here thinks of me.
I have found that the people who say this most often almost never mean it.

It's a protection mechanism. People do care, and often very deeply, about what people, even people they don't know, think of them. They say they don't care so that people won't tell them to their face they don't care about them. One of the most common human emotions is feeling a part of your community, and being told that someone doesn't care about you cuts deep. Especially being told this by that person. Sure, someone could tell you that Person A doesn't care about you, but people can easily blow that off as "no, that's a lie". If a person tells you to your face that they don't care about you, it's much more difficult to blow that off as a lie.

This is why people often feel depressed after losing an election, because this is definite proof that most people don't feel that you are good enough for the job. Not knowing these people personally doesn't seem to matter.

Of course, this is taking personal interactions into consideration, I suppose that the Internet is an entirely different matter. People say stuff they don't mean all the time because no one can tell the difference usually. However, this often leads people into simply believing things about people that aren't true, as a short-cut or a face saving maneuver.

Moves
30 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Absolutely.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

It's a protection mechanism. People do care, and often very deeply, about what people, even people they don't know, think of them. They say they don't care so that people won't tell them to their face they don't care about them. One of the most common human emotions is feeling ...[text shortened]... simply believing things about people that aren't true, as a short-cut or a face saving maneuver.
I said I don’t care what anyone *on here* thinks of me. If I did, would I still be posting about tiger and his love of PB&J sandwiches and ale?

Moves
30 May 18

Romans1009

😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Absolutely.
Yes, keep trying to find that one Christian you can convince to trash me and support you. Maybe she’s the one, tiger. She already dislikes me for not hating President Donald J. Trump.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Romans1009

😵
No idea what that emoticon means but feel free not to tell me.

Moves
30 May 18

It's a protection mechanism. People do care, and often very deeply, about what people, even people they don't know, think of them. They say they don't care so that people won't tell them to their face they don't care about them. One of the most common human emotions is feeling ...[text shortened]... simply believing things about people that aren't true, as a short-cut or a face saving maneuver.
I don’t think Romans1009 “digs” you quite as much as he did in the recent past.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

I don’t think Romans1009 “digs” you quite as much as he did in the recent past.
You’d be wrong about that, but go on in your campaign to pit Christians against each other. Seems like that and attacking Christians is all you do on here.

Moves
30 May 18

yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap

Moves
30 May 18

Very true. Attention seekers in particular care very much what others think about them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

When one poster is (consecutively) the last poster in 21 threads on page 1, the last poster in 10 threads on page 2, the last poster in 10 threads on page 3 and the last poster in several threads on page 4...

...and yet another poster is starting about 15 posts on page 1...

What does that tell us about these posters?
<<When one poster is (consecutively) the last poster in 21 threads on page 1, the last poster in 10 threads on page 2, the last poster in 10 threads on page 3 and the last poster in several threads on page 4..>>

Ah, the good old days.

I doubt I’ll ever top being the last poster in 24 of the first 25 threads. No idea why I didn’t just write a post in that last thread so I was a perfect 25 for 25, but somehow, I think the slight imperfection makes it more meaningful.

So many memories...