The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Would you please go explore logical fallacies, so maybe you could stop sounding so stupid.
Back to those again? “Logical fallacies” are what InterWeb folks trot out when they wanna sound intelligent. Ain’t gonna work with me, hombre.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
... killed herself ...
Ouch. One of the very worst things I ever met was a boy killed himself and mom found him.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

Back to those again? “Logical fallacies” are what InterWeb folks trot out when they wanna sound intelligent. Ain’t gonna work with me, hombre
You don't like critical thinking?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

Ouch. One of the very worst things I ever met was a boy killed himself and mom found him.
Yeah, that sounds terrible. The girl I was talking about killed herself by carbon monoxide poisoning. Turned on a car in a closed garage and just let it run. Don’t know who found her.

Haven’t thought about her in quite a while.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

Conventional wisdom? Yeah, that’s never wrong.
I'm wondering how you could tell.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

I'm wondering how you could tell.
Conventional wisdom said Hillary Clinton would be elected president. We know how that turned out.

But I mostly can tell when conventional wisdom is wrong by listening to the news and people on the news predicting something that doesn’t happen, despite their experts and polls claiming it’s a sure thing.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

Conventional wisdom said Hillary Clinton would be elected president. We know how that turned out.

But I mostly can tell when conventional wisdom is wrong by listening to the news and people on the news predicting something that doesn’t happen, despite their experts and polls claiming it’s a sure thing.
You evaded the question. How do you figure out how to think?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

...How do you figure out how to think?
That sounded pretty stupid.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

You haven't tried to figure out how you come to conclusions?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

You evaded the question. How do you figure out how to think?
You asked how I could tell conventional wisdom was wrong and I answered you. I didn’t evade anything. If you meant to ask a different question, that’s not on me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

You haven't tried to figure out how you come to conclusions?
The same way everyone else does, I guess. Intelligence and experience. Intuition probably fits in somewhere too as does fact gathering and hearing differing points of view.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

You asked how I could tell conventional wisdom was wrong and I answered you. I didn’t evade anything. If you meant to ask a different question, that’s not on me.
You did not reject critical thinking?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 May 18

You did not reject critical thinking?
Are you being Lucy Obtusey on purpose?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

The same way everyone else does, I guess. Intelligence and experience. Intuition probably fits in somewhere too as does fact gathering and hearing differing points of view.
Good answer. But isn't there a system?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
30 May 18

[i]Originally posted by @romans1009
Are you being Lucy Obtusey on purpose?
I vote no. How about you?