1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 01:25
    @moonbus said
    Well, compared to you, Goad, BigDogg, and myself, sonship at least believed in the God of Abraham, so one can see why KJ and some others tried to keep him in the fold.
    "Loyalty" can have different motivations.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 06:41
    @moonbus said
    Hundreds of silent readers? Not a chance. Six, on a busy day seven tops, but on some days he was murmuring only to himself.
    Suzianne for one, used to scornfully berate anyone who was challenging sonship. Less so in the last couple of years as he gradually descended into more and more Witness Lee cultism.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 06:47
    @moonbus said
    Well, compared to you, Goad, BigDogg, and myself, sonship at least believed in the God of Abraham, so one can see why KJ and some others tried to keep him in the fold.
    I don’t think this is correct. I believe in the god of Abraham yet I am most definitely NOT in the fold.

To be in the fold here, one has to accept and believe in the same dogmas and doctrines as the fold and importantly, toe that dogmatic line during the various arguments about them.

- Trinity
    - Eternal suffering
    - Biblical literalism and the infallibility of specific interpretation.

Sonship’s beliefs began to drift past these into deification, numerology etc.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 12:09
    @divegeester said
    I don’t think this is correct. I believe in the god of Abraham yet I am most definitely NOT in the fold.

To be in the fold here, one has to accept and believe in the same dogmas and doctrines as the fold and importantly, toe that dogmatic line during the various arguments about them.

- Trinity
    - Eternal suffering
    - Biblical literalism and the infallibility of ...[text shortened]... ic interpretation.

Sonship’s beliefs began to drift past these into deification, numerology etc.
    Yes, I was aware that sonship drifted to the fringes of Abrahamic religion.

Just out of curiosity here, where do you place Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons ? Fringe Christians or not Christians at all or true believers or maybe something else entirely ?
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 12:10
    @fmf said
    "Loyalty" can have different motivations.
    True dat.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 17:301 edit
    @moonbus said

Just out of curiosity here, where do you place Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons ? Fringe Christians or not Christians at all or true believers or maybe something else entirely ?
    I know this is off the point but it still needs to be made. Personally I do not care for the doctrine of the JWs and the doctrine of several other Christian sects as they depart often significantly from Christ. However in the end I will very surprised if Jesus condemns a man because he was brought up in a certain belief and stayed with that belief. Jesus was very clear about how he will judge people, and it is all about charitable works. The Apostles also drove home that point many many times in different ways ... that a man that lives in love is of God and God is in him. A man who loves his neighbour knows Christ and Christ knows him. Over and over and over it is all about righteousness and good works which determine who enters and who is cast out. Church Christians who promote a faith only doctrine are the ones who are hopelessly lost. So JWs and Morons and Hindus and Muslims etc [all people] who live charitably will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 20:41
    @moonbus said

Fringe Christians.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 23:24
    @divegeester

Thanks for replying.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '22 23:24
    @Rajk999

Thanks for replying.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 09:50
    @moonbus said

What makes someone a true Christian if having differences in beliefs about the
    faith is not the measure since everyone, has different beliefs; if everyone is
    examined individually, there is always some delta. If Christianity is based on God,
    wouldn't the true Christians be those whom God is with, not necessarily those
    that have so-called, "correct beliefs," since you could not be a true Christian
    even with correct views, if you miss God?

Without love we are nothing.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 13:40
    @kellyjay said
    What makes someone a true Christian if having differences in beliefs about the
    faith is not the measure since everyone, has different beliefs; if everyone is
    examined individually, there is always some delta. If Christianity is based on God,
    wouldn't the true Christians be those whom God is with, not necessarily those
    that have so-called, "correct beliefs," since you cou ...[text shortened]... d not be a true Christian
    even with correct views, if you miss God?

Without love we are nothing.
    Those who show brotherly love KNOW GOD and God knows them.
    Those who do not have brotherly love, do not know God, neither does God know them, notwithstanding their profession of faith.

Do you want the references again ?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 14:09
    @rajk999 said
    Those who do not have brotherly love, do not know God, neither does God know them, notwithstanding their profession of faith.

If you say something I disagree with I will ask, loving God and each other are the top two commandments everything hangs on those two.
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 14:10
    @rajk999 said

So, are your 'good works' because of brotherly love? Or, are they another notch on your belt to get into heaven? Or both?
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 14:153 edits
    @kellyjay said
    If you say something I disagree with I will ask, loving God and each other are the top two commandments everything hangs on those two.
    So love is forcing a 10 year-old little girl who is a rape victim, forcing her to carry an egg with sperm-cell from her rapist until it is a full-term baby?
    Absolutely disgusting. No wonder people are leaving the Christian churches in droves.
    You don't love anyone but yourself because you think that you are God's right hand-man or something; and, you're nothing but a liar and one who lies in God's Name. Woes you..
    You know nothing of the truths of God; absolutely nothing.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jul '22 15:10
    @kingdavid403 said
    So, are your 'good works' because of brotherly love? Or, are they another notch on your belt to get into heaven? Or both?
    I speak the language of Jesus Christ and your question has no bearing on the teachings of Christ but sounds like church mumbo jumbo, not deserving a response.

Repeat what Jesus said and then we can communicate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree