1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '22 06:04
    @kevin-eleven said
    It says something about you that you started a thread about this.
    Ok. What does it say about FMF that he started a thread about a long standing, hugely contributing member of this forum?

What should we say about you if you left? Fuk all thats what.
    So shut your weasley cake hole and try to contribute.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Jun '22 06:14
    @divegeester said
    Ok. What does it say about FMF that he started a thread about a long standing, hugely contributing member of this forum?

What should we say about you if you left? Fuk all thats what.
    So shut your weasley cake hole and try to contribute.
    "Contribute" meaning "detract" as, for instance, you do?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '22 06:24
    @kevin-eleven said
    "Contribute" meaning "detract" as, for instance, you do?
    I’ll leave it with you to have a think about, see what you can come up with after a sleep.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Jun '22 06:58
    @divegeester said
    I’ll leave it with you to have a think about, see what you can come up with after a sleep.
    I've noticed how craven and tawdry you seem to be.
    Nothing I might say could ever change that.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '22 10:51
    @kevin-eleven said
    And I’ve noticed, over and over again, what a malicious stand-for-nothing little trollite you are.

Go off and argue with Very Rusty; preferably in the Chamberpot (as you once proudly named it during one of your squabbles with ghost of a duke)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '22 09:54
    @kevin-eleven said
    Thread 193707

An example
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Jul '22 22:35
    Sonship's biggest problem was his inability to be concise.

He was a bit of a different character if you played chess agaoinst him and had a conversation. It's almost like Dr Jekyl turned into Mr Hyde when he got into this forum.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '22 07:50
    @medullah said

He was a bit of a different character if you played chess agaoinst him and had a conversation. It's almost like Dr Jekyl turned into Mr Hyde when he got into this forum.
    Sonship’s posting was often described by myself and others as “blogging”, but I’ve come to now think of it more as “flyposting”.

Sonship would stick a poster up, stick several posters up and then get annoyed when observers would write on them. He seemed to perceive responses as graffiti rather than discourse and he would metaphorically just flypost another poster from his “set” over what had been written.

I think this image of sonship better describes who he saw himself in here; more of a guerrilla activist for his cult, a sort of evangelical street guru who was not to be questioned unless it was a question asking for more of his wisdom.

It’s a brittle mindset.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '22 07:53
    @medullah said

I am not going to speak ill of him. Yet.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 08:23
    @fmf said
    I am not going to speak ill of him. Yet.
    Your restraint is admirable, honourable, respectful and should be held up as an example of good forum ethics, empathy and honour.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '22 08:51
    @divegeester said
    Your restraint is admirable, honourable, respectful and should be held up as an example of good forum ethics, empathy and honour.
    Agreed.
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Jul '22 10:353 edits
    @divegeester said
    Sonship’s posting was often described by myself and others as “blogging”, but I’ve come to now think of it more as “flyposting”.

Sonship would stick a poster up, stick several posters up and then get annoyed when observers would write on them. He seemed to perceive responses as graffiti rather than discourse and he would metaphorically just flypost another poster from ...[text shortened]... to be questioned unless it was a question asking for more of his wisdom.

It’s a brittle mindset.
    That’s a fair assessment, I agree.

I often had the feeling he was arguing with himself; often uploaded several posts sequentially, uninterrupted by anyone else, as if he were trying to convince himself of something. Some sect had put a fly in his ear and he hoped it was true, but some grain of common sense in him kept nagging him that it probably wasn’t, and it gave him no peace. He certainly got a lot of pushback here.

maybe someday he’ll be back and tell us he left the sect and found a mainstream Christian community. A troubled soul he is; I hope he finds peace.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '22 11:42
    @moonbus said
    That’s a fair assessment, I agree.

I often had the feeling he was arguing with himself; often uploaded several posts sequentially, uninterrupted by anyone else, as if he were trying to convince himself of something. Some sect had put a fly in his ear and he hoped it was true, but some grain of common sense in him kept nagging him that it probably wasn’t, and it gave him n ...[text shortened]... t the sect and found a mainstream Christian community. A troubled soul he is; I hope he finds peace.
    Indeed. I hope he’s well and chilled out.

But to continue…

The problem with thinking you have the “truth” is that this inner sense of having some special knowledge can drive people to behave very oddly.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Jul '22 12:311 edit
    @divegeester said
    Indeed. I hope he’s well and chilled out.

But to continue…

The problem with thinking you have the “truth” is that this inner sense of having some special knowledge can drive people to behave very oddly.
    Ain’t that the truth ! It’s not the people who have doubts who build concentration camps and gulags and inquisitorial torture dungeons; it’s the people convinced they have Absolute Truth With Capital Letters who do that.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '22 06:38
    @moonbus said
    Ain’t that the truth ! It’s not the people who have doubts who build concentration camps and gulags and inquisitorial torture dungeons; it’s the people convinced they have Absolute Truth With Capital Letters who do that.
    What’s even more facinating is how this sense of owning the truth “truth” can lead to moral contradictions, such as the one KellyJay is managing across two threads currently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree