The Lake Of Fire

The Lake Of Fire

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
I have never once suggested that you or other people ~ whose professed theology has arguably taken the human imagination to the darkest place it has ever been ~ have "no feelings".

Okay.

My expectation about the last judgment contains more than just the awful dread of the punishment of the lost. There are, based upon the Scriptur ...[text shortened]... ifested.

I have passages to explain where I get these ideas. But I don't include them now.
These sound an awful lot like the conclusions a victim of Stockholm Syndrome would draw about his situation and his captors.

http://web2.iadfw.net/ktrig246/out_of_cave/sss.html

http://recoveringagnostic.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/do-christians-suffer-from-stockholm-syndrome/

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
This is an odd thing for a 'free moral agent' with 'free will' to say, I think. It doesn't matter whether something is "fair" or not? Really? But isn't what is "fair" and "not fair" absolutely crucial to the validity of what is claimed to be "Justice"? Sometimes you sound like a shrugging citizen of a totalitarian state rather than a devotee and advocate of a system of defendable morals.
Exactly! If that's their attitude, God goes from being the ultimate moral exemplar to a very powerful being who rules through sheer fear and terror.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Exactly! If that's their attitude, God goes from being the ultimate moral exemplar to a very powerful being who rules through sheer fear and terror.
Just the threat of punishment from a mother or father is often enough to discipline and keep children on the right track. It makes sense that our eternal Father in heaven would threaten His unruly children with an eternal punishment to keep them in line. The hope in both cases is that the fear of punishment from the parent will cause the wise children to cease from doing wrong and obey.

As the Holy Bible says,

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

(Proverbs 9:10 KJV)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Just the threat of punishment from a mother or father is often enough to discipline and keep children on the right track. It makes sense that our eternal Father in heaven would threaten His unruly children with an eternal punishment to keep them in line. The hope in both cases is that the fear of punishment from the parent will cause the wise children to c ...[text shortened]... beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

(Proverbs 9:10 KJV)[/b]
Would you say that it makes sense for tribes in the South American rain forest who never heard of God or Christ, are tormented for all eternity ? There are many Christians who believe that is what will happen and that it is also fair and just. Are you in that group?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Would you say that it makes sense for tribes in the South American rain forest who never heard of God or Christ, are tormented for all eternity ? There are many Christians who believe that is what will happen and that it is also fair and just. Are you in that group?
I believe Christ will judge righteously and fair based on their knowledge and understanding. I am sure you remember what He said about the little children.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe Christ will judge righteously and fair based on their knowledge and understanding. I am sure you remember what He said about the little children.
Sounds like a Yes to me. Just that you are a coward and dont want to come outright and say what you believe.

y

Moves
09 Apr 14

Sounds like a Yes to me. Just that you are a coward and dont want to come outright and say what you believe.
😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Apr 14

I told you what I believed. Sometimes a simple yes or no answer is not appropriate.

w

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
But this is just word play on your part based on the fact that the word "hell" is used in more than one way in English. What about "The second for Arsenal was hell as they were reduced to 10 men and the only question was how many goal would they lose by"?

With mere facetious word play, you are not making a clear point about the theology of "eternal torment". ...[text shortened]... aring to "being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony for eternity"?
My point is that we all experience pain in various forms. To think that this does not extend into the next life is then suspect, assuming there is a life to come. The only question becomes to what degree and duration.

w

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
This is an odd thing for a 'free moral agent' with 'free will' to say, I think. It doesn't matter whether something is "fair" or not? Really? But isn't what is "fair" and "not fair" absolutely crucial to the validity of what is claimed to be "Justice"? Sometimes you sound like a shrugging citizen of a totalitarian state rather than a devotee and advocate of a system of defendable morals.
What is justice FMF? What is fair?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
What is justice FMF? What is fair?
It sure as hell isn't billions of souls all serving the same amount of time for crimes ranging from yelling at someone in anger to rampant genocide.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have already posted scriptural analysis which demonstrates incontrovertibly how it cannot be a place of punishment but of annihilation, the so called second death, that is, death without the prospect of a resurrection- let those who are interested in truth subject the analysis to falsification!

All the innocent and all those who had no knowledge ...[text shortened]... ill be resurrected - this is the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous! - Acts 24:15
robbie, here's a somewhat in depth contrarian point of view: Thread 158620 (Page 26)

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
Hell exists. We see it here on earth every day.

The only question becomes, can it be eternal?

Well if it exists in our world today, then why can't it be a possibility?
Not a strong argument really, was that.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
09 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
robbie, here's a somewhat in depth contrarian point of view: Thread 158620 (Page 26)
Without fail, every time you post a link to another thread, it is one of yours.

rc

Moves
09 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
the thread reads more like a sheet of binary and is to high brow for me 😵