the insanity of faith

the insanity of faith

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
The story has nothing to do with you. I am tackling you on your preposterous claims to have some magical capacity for love.
Loving is a choice. Jesus said we should love our neighbours as we love ourselves. There is nothing magical about choosing to obey Jesus.

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Loving is a choice. Jesus said we should love our neighbours as we love ourselves. There is nothing magical about choosing to obey Jesus.
I don't think that "love" is a choice. Furthermore, whodey claimed that the ability of people to choose to "love" those who hate them is a "supernatural thing". I think it's nonsense. Tolerate. Ignore. Understand. Maybe, but not "love". I think this kind of whodeytalk is mere self-serving ideology-driven psychobabble.

Moves
19 Sep 17

I don't think that "love" is a choice. Furthermore, whodey claimed that the ability of people to choose to "love" those who hate them is a "supernatural thing". I think it's nonsense. Tolerate. Ignore. Understand. Maybe, but not "love". I think this kind of whodeytalk is mere self-serving ideology-driven psychobabble.
I guess it is supernatural thing when God enables us to choose to love our enemies in spite of what they may have done to us. It obviously does not come naturally as you can well testify.

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

I guess it is supernatural thing when God enables us to choose to love our enemies in spite of what they may have done to us. It obviously does not come naturally as you can well testify.
I don't think 'Christians love their enemies'. I don't think they can "choose" to. I don't think there is any supernatural angle. I think it is all hollow sanctimonious blather.

Moves
19 Sep 17
1 edit

I don't think 'Christians love their enemies'. I don't think they can "choose" to. I don't think there is any supernatural angle. I think it is all hollow sanctimonious blather.
Of course you don't. But that doesn't mean they don't.

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

Of course you don't. But that doesn't mean they don't.
Their psychologically bogus claims to love their enemies are nothing more than them preening.

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

Loving is a choice.
So you claim to be able to choose "love" someone you don't "love"?

Moves
19 Sep 17

A man can no more choose to love than he can choose to believe in God. That's simply not how 'choice' works.

I have also never met anybody who genuinely loves their enemy.

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
It's a self-congratulatory ~ and otherwise meaningless ~ slogan that reminds me a bit of the denouement of Orwell's novel "1984".

Moves
19 Sep 17

So you claim to be able to choose "love" someone you don't "love"?
Yes I can choose to be kind to someone that has been unkind to me. You should try it sometime.

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A man can no more choose to love than he can choose to believe in God. That's simply not how 'choice' works.

You should maybe get out more and meet some genuine Christians. 😉

F

Moves
19 Sep 17

Yes I can choose to be kind to someone that has been unkind to me.
That isn't "love". Anyone can choose "to be kind" to an enemy. It does not require "love" to do it, and it can easily be done even if one hates them. You cannot "choose" to love someone you do not love, and the notion that one can due to "a supernatural thing" just sounds fake.

Moves
19 Sep 17

You should maybe get out more and meet some genuine Christians. 😉
....genuine Christians™

Moves
19 Sep 17

Loving is a choice.
Platitudinous straight out of your arse poppycock.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
19 Sep 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
So they can not be wrong? Because they feel so strongly that they are right?
No kellyjay, they cannot be wrong as regards Their Truth. How could they ever be wrong, since Their Truth is really true to them? Their Truth transcends faith. Faith is good for the less trained😵