The God who hates

The God who hates

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I'll just leave that there. Nothing needs to be added.
If you say so. A Christian is one who professes faith
Jesus will judge the fake ones.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
If you say so. A Christian is one who professes faith
Jesus will judge the fake ones.
Yes and He will do according to His Word, we deny Him, He will deny us!

Moves
21 Jun 18
4 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
The bottom line is that you, like sonship et al, believe that it is morally acceptable to keep people alive and torture them for eternity.

I absolutely don’t and I think anyone who does has lost their sense of morality, decency and rational thought.

That’s it.
The thing is, including a threat of unending torture eliminates the need to answer questions like “Why is eternal life in heaven supposed to be a plum condition to have? “ if the only available alternative to eternal life in heaven is eternal torture in hell, it’s a no brainer. But if a simple return to non-existence is an available choice, the issues are less clear cut. Why not just let it be a harmless option to let existence terminate? Would that weaken the priests’ control? Would it offend someoe’s sense of justice?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
What you and I think about such things are meaningless, if true our likes and dislikes do not come into play. The horror of a sinful life I don’t think we can comprehend any more than a fish grasp water. What the weight of our sins actually amounts to is clearly seen by God and why He is dealing with it the way He is should give us a clue what He thinks of evil.
What you think may be meaningless KellyJay but what I think is the very essence of me, myself, my being. And I think that your version of Jesus is a monster. I think that because of what YOU believe about him.

It’s YOUR horrible God, not mine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What you think may be meaningless KellyJay but what I think is the very essence of me, myself, my being. And I think that your version of Jesus is a monster. I think that because of what YOU believe about him.

It’s YOUR horrible God, not mine.
Your essence is no different than anyone else', a sinner like me and everyone one else.
What you think of God is between you and God, not you and me. I view God as Holy,
Just, long suffering trying to save as many as possible from the day of the Lord where
evil and everyone who commits it will stand before God and give an account. My version
of Jesus is He became one of us to save us by taking on all of our sins, so He could give
us His grace and mercy on His righteousness not our own, because on our own we were
dead in our sins unable to do anything about our corrupt nature. For you that is being
a monster, okay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
The thing is, including a threat of unending torture eliminates the need to answer questions like “Why is eternal life in heaven supposed to be a plum condition to have? “ if the only available alternative to eternal life in heaven is eternal torture in hell, it’s a no brainer. But if a simple return to non-existence is an available choice, the issues are les ...[text shortened]... ce terminate? Would that weaken the priests’ control? Would it offend someoe’s sense of justice?
What priest's control?

Moves
22 Jun 18
1 edit

What priest's control?
Any priest who uses the fear of eternal torment to exert control.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
Any priest who uses the fear of eternal torment to exert control.
Oh, and you have those types of people near you? I was wondering why you brought that
kind of priest up?

F

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay to divegeester
Your essence is no different than anyone else', a sinner like me and everyone one else.
What you think of God is between you and God, not you and me. I view God as Holy,
Just, long suffering trying to save as many as possible from the day of the Lord where
evil and everyone who commits it will stand before God and give an account. My vers ...[text shortened]... our sins unable to do anything about our corrupt nature. For you that is being
a monster, okay.
For you ***that*** is being a monster, okay.

Disingenuous, much?

Your list of "that" deliberately omits the bone of theological contention between you and divegeester.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
[b]For you ***that*** is being a monster, okay.

Disingenuous, much?

Your list of "that" deliberately omits the bone of theological contention between you and divegeester.[/b]
Our theological contention is basically meaningless compared to the fact that we all stand
condemned already before God, without Jesus in our lives. Disagreements between people
will not matter without Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
22 Jun 18

Our theological contention is basically meaningless compared to the fact that we all stand
condemned already before God, without Jesus in our lives. Disagreements between people
will not matter without Jesus Christ.
The difference is not "meaningless". If you believe in a torturer god ~ a supernatural being that tortures billions and billions of people forever for a lack of belief or for not being Christians ~ then your god figure is completely different from divegeester's. In terms of nature and character and deed and moral paradigm, your god figure is utterly different. This fact is not "meaningless".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
22 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The difference is not "meaningless". If you believe in a torturer god ~ a supernatural being that tortures billions and billions of people forever for a lack of belief or for not being Christians ~ then your god figure is completely different from divegeester's. In terms of nature and character and deed and moral paradigm, your god figure is utterly different. This fact is not "meaningless".
Well, if what I believe is true that leaves you in one or two places. One you actually
walked with the Lord than rejected Him, in which case you have but one place before
you, if you are over come with sin. Two you were pretending the whole time you claimed
to be a Christian and still have a chance to get right with God, or not. Your beliefs and
mind will not change the reality of what is real not with respect to God, you can deny till
you blue in the face, belittle those you disagree with, but in the end, well those that end
up in the lake of fire are cast there they do not go willingly, and none go for lack of belief
they go because they are sinners, that died in their sins.

F

Moves
22 Jun 18

Well, if what I believe is true that leaves you in one or two places. One you actually
walked with the Lord than rejected Him, in which case you have but one place before
you, if you are over come with sin. Two you were pretending the whole time you claimed
to be a Christian and still have a chance to get right with God, or not. Your beliefs and
mind w ...[text shortened]... ngly, and none go for lack of belief
they go because they are sinners, that died in their sins.
I am not talking about me ~ nor am I talking about the fact that I don't believe the same things as either you or divegeester. Nice try.

No. I am simply observing that you dismissing the difference between a torturer god and a non-torturing god as "meaningless" makes you a commentator it's difficult to take seriously. It's as if you are engaging in self-belittling.

The difference is "meaningless"? Are you for real?

Is the difference between a father who burns his children's arms with cigarettes when he's angry, on one hand, and a father who'd never dream of doing such a thing when he's angry, on the other, "meaningless"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jun 18
1 edit

evil and everyone who commits it will stand before God and give an account. My version
of Jesus i ...[text shortened]... our sins unable to do anything about our corrupt nature. For you that is being
a monster, okay.
Your version of Jesus is monster because he tortures billions with flames while deliberately keeping them alive for eternity. Defend it if you can...

All the rest of your “my god is holy” rhetoric is meaningless waffle and obfuscation in the contex of my statement about apocalyptic eternal torture.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jun 18

if for you that is beinga monster, okay.
I just explained why your version of Jesus is a monster and it was nothing to do with you list of straw man elements in your posts.