The God who hates

The God who hates

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
Can you provide a proper definition either from mans definition or from the Bible. Thank you.

In both cases a Christian is one who professes to be one.
Only God and Christ can know who has living faith or who has dead faith.

James said faith without works is dead.
Clearly James knew that there are some Christians without works, clearly.

You, in o ...[text shortened]... e the predicament of your false teaching, are trying to redefine what the word Christian means..
A Christian is someone who has real faith, not dead (professed, false) faith.

Notice James said nothing about there being Christians with dead faith.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
A Christian is someone who has real faith, not dead (professed, false) faith.

Notice James said nothing about there being Christians with dead faith.
Says you. I got that. There is no definition in the Bible that supports you. Neither is there any definition from the teachings of man which are on your side.

James addresses his Christian brothers and tells them that faith without works is dead. If the definition of Christian means that all have living faith then no such statement would be necessary.

You are simple promoting your church doctrine in claiming all Christians have living faith...

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

Says you. I got that. There is no definition in the Bible that supports you. Neither is there any definition from the teachings of man which are on your side.

James addresses his Christian brothers and tells them that faith without works is dead. If the definition of Christian means that all have living faith then no such statement would be necessary.

You are simple promoting your church doctrine in claiming all Christians have living faith...
The original Christians in the bible were the disciples. Was their faith dead?

Anyway, there are varying definitions of Christian - I just looked up Merriam Webster and it merely says one who professes the faith. Whereas when I do a search for the definition, Dictionary.com shows, "Christian: A follower or disciple of Jesus; someone who believes Jesus is the Christ or Messiah. The New Testament mentions that the followers of Jesus were first called Christians within a few years after his death."

I think this is where we have a major disconnect. And I see your side. What you call a Christian with a dead faith, I've always called a fake Christian or false Christian.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

The original Christians in the bible were the disciples. Was their faith dead?

Anyway, there are varying definitions of Christian - I just looked up Merriam Webster and it merely says one who professes the faith. Whereas when I do a search for the definition, Dictionary.com shows, "Christian: A follower or disciple of Jesus; someone who believes J ...[text shortened]... you call a Christian with a dead faith, I've always called a fake Christian or false Christian.
I got what YOU believe.
You told me what the DICTIONARY said.
What does the BIBLE say ?
You will find that its the very same thing
A Christian is one who professes their faith in Christ.
All we know is who professes their faith.
Jesus will decide whose faith is living or dead.

Your personal preferences are for you.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18
1 edit

I got what YOU believe.
You told me what the DICTIONARY said.
What does the BIBLE say ?
You will find that its the very same thing
A Christian is one who professes their faith in Christ.
All we know is who professes their faith.
Jesus will decide whose faith is living or dead.

Your personal preferences are for you.
The only defining mention of the word Christian in the bible is, the disciples were the original Christians. Says nothing about someone just saying the words. So you're wrong. Entirely.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

The only defining mention of the word Christian in the bible is, the disciples were the original Christians. Says nothing about someone just saying the words. So you're wrong. Entirely.
You are a complete idiot. The early disciples and Christians included the son of Satan Judas Iscariot and the liars Annanias and Sapphira. These were Christians. You do not need the bible to tell you that these Christians [and there would have been more] who just professed their faith with their mouth. These are Chrsitians, they were not fake Christians, not false Chrsitians. They were Christians, professed followers of Christ.

Anyway people like you without the ability to understand will persist in your foolishness.

Moves
21 Jun 18
3 edits

You are a complete idiot. The early disciples and Christians included the son of Satan Judas Iscariot and the liars Annanias and Sapphira. These were Christians. You do not need the bible to tell you that these Christians [and there would have been more] who just professed their faith with their mouth. These are Chrsitians, they were not fake Christians, ...[text shortened]... .

Anyway people like you without the ability to understand will persist in your foolishness.
What about Simon Peter who denied Jesus 3 times, was his faith dead? Was he a fake ‘Christian’? What about Paul who referred to himself as the chief of sinners? Why does John say confess your sins to one another if a real Christian never sins?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

You are a complete idiot. The early disciples and Christians included the son of Satan Judas Iscariot and the liars Annanias and Sapphira. These were Christians. You do not need the bible to tell you that these Christians [and there would have been more] who just professed their faith with their mouth. These are Chrsitians, they were not fake Christians, ...[text shortened]... .

Hey. Jackass. The very first mention of the word "Christian" wasn't until after Christ's resurrection. You're digging a hole, and you're making a fool of yourself.

On the one hand you're a fundamentalist bible literalist, and on the other hand you just make stuff up outside of Scripture. I can see that this would cause a conflict within you. Perhaps this explains why you lash out at and condemn others with regularity.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
What about Simon Peter who denied Jesus 3 times, was his faith dead? Was he a fake ‘Christian’? What about Paul who referred to himself as the chief of sinners? Why does John say confess your sins to one another if a real Christian never sins?
Though he has suggested otherwise in older posts, Rajk99 recently admitted he IS in fact, a sinner. Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
It is your pal Tom who is calling people fake Christians. If you read carefully I am saying that they were all Christians and that it is Jesus who will judge who is fake and who is real.

Mr T says that all Christians do good works. There is no bible support for that nonsensen doctrine

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Hey. Jackass. The very first mention of the word "Christian" wasn't until after Christ's resurrection. You're digging a hole, and you're making a fool of yourself.

On the one hand you're a fundamentalist bible literalist, and on the other hand you just make stuff up outside of Scripture. I can see that this would cause a conflict within you. Perhaps this explains why you lash out at and condemn others with regularity.
So what if the very first mention the word Christian was after the resurrection? So what.
The point is that you cannot choose how to define Chrsitian as you wish.

A Chrsitian is one who professes to follow Christ. Jesus will decide who is real and who is fake.

YOU want to take it upon yourself to do that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Though he has suggested otherwise in older posts, Rajk99 recently admitted he IS in fact, a sinner. Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it.
All people are sinners. What is your point?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

All people are sinners. What is your point?
Because you ceaselessly point out that sheep, the true followers of Christ (conveniently, you and a scant few others) obey the commandments at all times. You admittedly don't. And that's fine, but by your definition, you're not a sheep, a follower of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Jun 18

Because you ceaselessly point out that sheep, the true followers of Christ (conveniently, you and a scant few others) obey the commandments at all times. You admittedly don't. And that's fine, but by your definition, you're not a sheep, a follower of Christ.
I never once told you what I do or do not do and that is more proof that your ability to think, reason and remember is limited.

I preach the doctrine of Christ. - that good works and righteousness is NECESSARY.
That is what makes me a sheep and follower of Christ
I also fashion my life after Christ as best as I can, and Christ will judge me

You and your type of Christian do not do that.
Hence you are not followers neither sheep of Christ
Your doctrine is of the church.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
21 Jun 18

I preach the doctrine of Christ...That is what makes me a sheep and follower of Christ.
I'll just leave that there. Nothing needs to be added.