1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 13:40
    @sonship said
    Divegeester,

Could you tell us how then "the sprinkling of the blood" has effected your spiritual journey? If you prefer a more texturally exact phrase, what meaning does "the sprinkling of the blood" have for you?

Little?
    None?
    Purely academic?
    Anything of your personal spiritual advancement?
    Little.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 13:41
    @divegeester said

I have never used the word “evil” you are making it up! But I sincerely believe you to be a member of a cult church. That is my onset opinion. I feel for you in that respect, I honestly do.

Nothing in the song suggests that god doesn’t look at the heart. I’m simply pointing out that if your spirit is right with god then errors in words are secondary. Tertiary even.
    These are my words. Why have you copied them into your post?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 13:43
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    Now, I have stated that I might be mistaken but I don’t think I am. But I might be. So if you want to make this a matter of principle I shall go and find the quote and present it to you.

I CAN'T WAIT.
    Ok I can see you’re excited!

As soon as you confirm in writing and in full, that you will start a new thread publicly apologising to me if I find the post, then I will go look for it.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 13:50
    @sonship said

Look, you may have a stop watch and a calender, but even like Ghost, When I answer is when I answer.
    You direct questions to me at 3 am in the morning while I am sleeping and then continue posting as if you had me on the run and stunned into silence.

There's no credibility in that.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 12:572 edits
    @divegeester
    As soon as you confirm in writing and in full, that you will start a new thread publicly apologising to me if I find the post, then I will go look for it.

As usual when you make accusations like this I ponder what on earth you could be referring to.

I have a suspicion that possibly you may have seen me speak of the church universal as my church. And in maybe that context I said some Christian sister wrote a hymn.

At any rate you will not get any apology that I said some lady in my congregation wrote a hymn on the blood. Ie. Fanny Crosby a sister in the universal church of which all regenerated Christians are members.

That's my best guess as to what you think I said about some lady in my church.
    But I cannot know unless you find your quotation.
    So have at it.

And if you don't prove your case then YOU start a new thread dedicated to a public apology to me.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 07:25
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

As usual when you make accusations like this I ponder what on earth you could be referring to.

I have a suspicion that possibly you may have seen me speak of the church universal as my ...[text shortened]...
    And if you don't prove your case then YOU start a new thread dedicated to a public apology to me.
    You only need to apologise if, when you corrected me and offered I was lying, are making it a matter of principle, a challenge to my integrity. Because I will prove you wrong IF that is what you are doing. This is not a big deal unless you make it one.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 12:101 edit

Removed by poster

8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 14:42
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You direct questions to me at 3 am in the morning while I am sleeping and then continue posting as if you had me on the run and stunned into silence.

There's no credibility in that.
    The Ghost never sleeps.

C’mon. Fuss up. You were actually watching Atypical on NetFlix, right?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 15:13
    @moonbus said
    The Ghost never sleeps.

C’mon. Fuss up. You were actually watching Atypical on NetFlix, right?
    Okay, but I do plug myself into the mains to recharge.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:481 edit
    @divegeester
    Could you tell us how then "the sprinkling of the blood" has effected your spiritual journey? If you prefer a more texturally exact phrase, what meaning does "the sprinkling of the blood" have for you?

Little?
    None?
    Purely academic?
    Anything of your personal spiritual advancement?

Little.

I think that is better than none at all.
    But why only "Little"?

Andrew Murray wrote these helpful words about the blood of Jesus
    By such words the Holy Spirit teaches us that the blood is really the central
    power of our entire redemption. "NOT WITHOUT BLOOD" is as valid in the New
    Testament as in the Old.
    Nothing but the Blood of Jesus, shed in His death for sin, can cover sin on God's
    side, or remove it on ours.
    We find the same teaching in the writings of the Apostles. Paul writes of "being
    justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus . . .
    through faith in his blood" (Rom. iii. 24, 25), Of "being now justified by his
    blood" (v. 9).
    To the Corinthians he declares that the "cup of blessing which we bless is the
    communion of the Blood of Christ" (I Cor. x. I6).
    In the Epistle to the Galatians he uses the word "CROSS" to convey the same
    meaning, while in Colossians he united the two words and speaks of "The Blood
    of his Cross" (Gal. vi. 14 ; Col. i. 20).
    He reminds the Ephesians that "We have redemption through his blood" and
    that we "are made nigh by the blood of Christ" (Eph. i. 7 and ii. I3).
    Peter reminds his readers that they were "Elect . . . unto obedience and
    sprinkling of the Blood of Jesus" (I Pet. i. 2), that they were redeemed by "the
    precious blood of Christ" (ver. 19).
    See how John assures his "little children" that "The blood of Jesus Christ his
    Son cleanseth us from all sin" (I John i. 7). The Son is He "who came not by
    water only but by water and blood" (v. 6)

The Power of the Blood of Jesus by Andrew Murray
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 07:501 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    But why only "Little"?
    I’m specifically replying to you putting the phrase in quotation marks, I.e. pulling out the reference of “sprinkling” rather than a “fountain”.

If you had asked what impact has the blood of Christ had on you my reply would have been different. But don’t bother.

PS I’m not interested in your preachy copy pasted poems.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '21 13:09
    Another great Hymn on the redeeming blood of Christ by John Wesley published 1738. Its based on Romans 5:8 [my occasional bolding]

And can it be that I should gain
    An int’rest in the Savior’s blood?
    Died He for me, who caused His pain—
    For me, who Him to death pursued?
    Amazing love! How can it be,
    That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

Refrain:
    Amazing love! How can it be,
    That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

’Tis myst’ry all: th’ Immortal dies:
    Who can explore His strange design?
    In vain the firstborn seraph tries
    To sound the depths of love divine.
    ’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,
    Let angel minds inquire no more.

He left His Father’s throne above—
    So free, so infinite His grace—
    Emptied Himself of all but love,
    And bled for Adam’s helpless race:
    ’Tis mercy all, immense and free,
    For, O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
    Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
    Thine eye diffused a quick’ning ray—
    I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
    My chains fell off, my heart was free,
    I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

No condemnation now I dread;
    Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
    Alive in Him, my living Head,
    And clothed in righteousness divine,
    Bold I approach th’ eternal throne,
    And claim the crown, through Christ my own.

copied without permission from
    https://library.timelesstruths.org/music/And_Can_It_Be/
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '21 20:05
    @sonship said
    Another great Hymn on the redeeming blood of Christ by John Wesley published 1738.
    ... and not a fountain in sight.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 08:152 edits
    @divegeester said
    ... and not a fountain in sight.
    I can see it.

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)

"In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity." (Zech. 13:1)

Maybe your brand of Unitarianism has told you that have little need for Christ's redemption. I am a sinner fit only for the lake of fire. I am a sinner saved by grace.

I can see a fountain of redeeming life poured out for me - drawn from Emanuel's veins.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '21 09:361 edit
    @sonship said
    I can see it.

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)

"In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity." (Zech. 13:1)

Maybe your brand of Unitarianism has told you that have little nee ...[text shortened]... grace.

I can see a fountain of redeeming life poured out for me - drawn from Emanuel's veins.
    Oh wow look at that, in one verse there is the word “blood” and in a separate pert of the bible someone mentions a “fountain”.

Gosh you are getting desperate with pride.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree