03 May '21 09:38
    In the Old Testament the sacrificial blood was “sprinkled”

In the New Testament the blood of Christ is “sprinkled”

There is no fountain of blood.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 12:063 edits
    We also "hear" the speaking blood which speaks better things than that of Abel - "We have come . . . to Jesus, the Mediator of a new covenant; and to the blood of sprinkling, which speaks something better than that of Abel." (Heb. 12:24)

I have no problem if someone only wants to speak of the sprinkling blood upon their conscience. But all the blessings of Christ's redemption really do pour out in the experience of His Holy Spirit.

This is prophecy was for the new covenant age:

"In that day there will be an opened fountain for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity." (Zech. 13:1)

And this took place in the new covenant age:

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water." (John 19:34)
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '21 14:36
    @sonship said
    We also "hear" the speaking blood which speaks better things than that of Abel - "We have come . . . to Jesus, the Mediator of a new covenant; and to the blood of sprinkling, which speaks something better than that of Abel." (Heb. 12:24)

I have no problem if someone only wants to speak of the sprinkling blood upon their conscience. But all the blessings of ...[text shortened]... rs pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water." (John 19:34) [/b]
    There is no "fountain of blood" anywhere in the bible.

But if being wrong hurts your pride so much, then you keep going old chap.
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 May '21 15:151 edit
    @Ghost of Duke

One of their Best.

We could have Nomad, who is a Blood Brother.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 15:584 edits
    @divegeester said
    There is no "fountain of blood" anywhere in the bible.

But if being wrong hurts your pride so much, then you keep going old chap.
    Oh, it is a matter of my hurt pride ?

Well, I'll tell: After I get over howling in agony over my hurt pride, funny thing, the Bible still says what it says.

I don't think the relative comfort or discomfort of my pride has any effect on it.

Now had you been in the room when John wrote "the Word was with God, and the Word was God" maybe you could have offered your assistance for John to not write it that way.

Like " Here, John, let me help you. This is going to cause a lot of trouble and confusion. Let me offer you my advise on how better to write this prologue".
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 15:59
    Under the sovereignty of God, you were not there to volunteer your theological assistance. Nor was I there.

I trust what God inspired the Apostle to write. He was closer to Jesus ministry then we were. Do you really think John needed you to clarify the inside story on the Father and the Son?

John was totally capable of writing things so as to be more palatable to the natural mind. He obeyed to write what God breathed into him to write.
    "the Word was with God, and the Word was God . . . and the Word became flesh"

He who was God was also "in the beginning with God" (v.2)

We humans should receive Him and grace upon grace which He flows into our lives.

"For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace." (v.16)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 16:253 edits
    I am getting two different threads confused.

The "hurt pride" thing, Divegeester is saying because of the matter of the blood of Jesus, although I keep posting about the Triune God as well.

When one receives the Lord Jesus as Lord and Savior the pride is dealt with in one sure blow. And the exaltation is also simultaneously achieved.

When you say "Lord Jesus I receive You. Thankyou for Your precious blood which cleanses me from every sin" That is a dealing with human pride which will last you a mortal life time and beyond.

No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 16:281 edit
    The divine axe upon all human pride is supernaturally felt once for all time by taking YOURSELF out of the center of the universe and properly enthroning Jesus Christ there where He SHOULD be.

Now I do not mean He does not further do things to humble me. But the initial dealing with basic self righteous pride is dealt with in the receiving of the Lord Jesus into your heart. That single STEP to come home to the Lord Jesus will be a most basic dealing with your pride.

It is also a great relief.

"Lord Jesus. I am SO GLAD now that You and not me are the center of the universe and on the eternal throne of God and the throne of my own life."
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 16:452 edits
    So many version of this song which speaks of "No other FOUNT I know - nothing but the blood of Jesus"

I chose one I found nice.

Classic worship hymn Nothing But the Blood of Jesus
    LISTEN, READ and ENJOY. And believe.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=spigot-nt-gc&ei=UTF-8&p=nothing+but+the+blood+of+Jesus&type=461086#id=27&vid=d83ccdf3e2c912034799a3

And a more traditional arrangement:
    YouTube&ab_channel=ParksideEvangelicalChurch
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 May '21 17:041 edit
    Comin at you again!

There is a fountain filled with blood -
    Washed all my sins away.

Read, Listen, Believe -
    YouTube&ab_channel=RomansVIII
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:43
    haha! just as I suspected when I logged off last...

sonship 6 posts in a row to prove his pride isn't hurt.

wonderful.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '21 20:44
    @sonship said
    Comin at you again!
    Oh no!

And your using a power-move too!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '21 11:52
    @divegeester
    That was not for you.
    You said you wanted no more poetry of Christian's appreciation of the blood of Jesus.

And please don't brag now that you didn't watch some video.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '21 13:57
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    That was not for you.
    You said you wanted no more poetry of Christian's appreciation of the blood of Jesus.

And please don't brag now that you didn't watch some video.
    There is no “fountain of blood” in the bible. The metaphor is abhorrent frankly.

Error error error.
    Just admit it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '21 18:41
    @divegeester said
    There is no “fountain of blood” in the bible. The metaphor is abhorrent frankly.

Error error error.
    Just admit it.
    The Pharisees objected to the man healed by Jesus picking up his bed and rejoicing on his way home on the Sabbath. It was "unlawful" for him to carry his bed on the Sabbath.

I think your religious complaint is similar. Ie. "There's NO fountain filled with blood in the text of the Bible." Admit it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree