1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '21 05:17
    @sonship said
    The Pharisees objected to the man healed by Jesus picking up his bed and rejoicing on his way home on the Sabbath. It was "unlawful" for him to carry his bed on the Sabbath.

I think your religious complaint is similar. Ie. "There's NO fountain filled with blood in the text of the Bible." Admit it.
    You AGAIN seem to be comparing yourself, your posting in here, to the works and healing of Jesus Christ.

You really are a piece of work.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '21 07:393 edits
    @divegeester said
    You AGAIN seem to be comparing yourself, your posting in here, to the works and healing of Jesus Christ.

You really are a piece of work.
    Of course we Christians are God's piece of work . . . created in Christ Jesus for good works. Ephesians says the church corporately is His POEMA (Greek) - workmanship, or poem, or masterpiece.

"For we are His workmanship
    [or masterpiece] , created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand in order that we would walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)

I would hope that I would be compared to Christ Jesus more and more as He works His sanctification process upon the saints.

We are to be imitators of Christ as the apostles lived in Christ and were imitators of Him before us.

"Be imitators of me, as I also am of Christ." ( 1 Cor. 11:1)

Why chide me for living to imitate Christ? That is what I am suppose to do.

Jesus said His servants would not be greater than He but would be like Himself.

" A disciple is not above the teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is sufficient for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and a slave like his master. If they have called the Master of the house Beelzebul, how much more those of His household!" (Matt. 10:23,24)

You mean to demean me by saying I compare myself with Jesus. Actually I am just in the normal process of being sanctified to be like Him. This should be the normal pattern of development common to all followers of Christ.

And praise the Lord for the effectual blood of Christ sprinkled, applied, or come as a fountain upon us. If you believe in the sprinkling of His blood you should enjoy that to the fullest.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '21 08:57
    @sonship said
    Of course we Christians are God's piece of work . . . created in Christ Jesus for good works. Ephesians says the church corporately is His POEMA (Greek) - workmanship, or poem, or masterpiece.

"For we are His workmanship
    [or masterpiece] , created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand in order that we would walk in them." (Eph. 2:10)
    Hahaha, I had a little bet with myself that this would be exactly how you would respond and try to dodge my question about you repeatedly comparing yourself to Jesus.

I’ll be completely honest sonship, I see no more of Jesus Christ in you and your how you portray yourself here, than I do in Galveston75.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '21 09:001 edit
    @sonship said
    The Pharisees objected to the man healed by Jesus picking up his bed and rejoicing on his way home on the Sabbath. It was "unlawful" for him to carry his bed on the Sabbath.

I think your religious complaint is similar. Ie. "There's NO fountain filled with blood in the text of the Bible." Admit it.
    So why DO you keep comparing yourself and your writing to Jesus and his words?

How does my criticism of YOUR opinions in this forum in anyway equate in your mind, to being akin to the Pharisees criticising Jesus?

Or is it just your spite trying to call ME a Pharisee?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '21 10:591 edit
    @divegeester

I think your complaining about Christians being happy to sing about the fountain filled with blood is like the Pharisees angry because Jesus healed on the Sabbath.

I'm not speaking for just me.
    Thankfully the Lord is still with us healing and causing believers much rejoicing.

But if you believe you are only having your conscience sprinkled by the blood, I'm happy for you for that. That is if you really mean it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 May '21 12:34
    @sonship said
    I think your complaining about Christians being happy to sing about the fountain filled with blood is like the Pharisees angry because Jesus healed on the Sabbath.

I'm not speaking for just me.
    Thankfully the Lord is still with us healing and causing believers much rejoicing.

But if you believe you are only having your conscience sprinkled by the blood, I'm happy for you for that. That is if you really mean it.
    Why does your group feel the need to add things to the Bible?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '21 13:551 edit
    @FMF

Nothing has been added to the Bible.
    A song was written.
    Thousands upon thousands of songs have been written on salvation in Jesus Christ.

And what do you care anyway?
    You go write a hymn on how joyful you are to be an atheist for whom sinning does not exist. [so you said]
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '21 17:211 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Why would Christians be singing about something which doesn’t exist in biblical lore, metaphors, similes, parables or actuality...and is actually contradictory to biblical lore, metaphors, similes, parables and the actuality of the application of the blood of Christ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '21 03:21
    @sonship said
    And what do you care anyway?
    Because this message board is a discussion forum for people who have contrasting beliefs.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '21 03:25
    @sonship said
    You go write a hymn on how joyful you are to be an atheist for whom sinning does not exist. [so you said]
    I would have to believe that a supernatural being had communicated some sort of transgressable "will" to us human beings before I could believe in the notion of "sin".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '21 03:27
    @sonship said
    Nothing has been added to the Bible.
    So you are conceding that the "fountain filled with blood" you are talking about is extra-Biblical?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '21 09:011 edit
    The writer of the song about the fountain filled with blood was drawing from his experience of how abundant God's forgiveness was to him in Jesus Christ.
    All of his past sins were buried beneath the pardon of Christ's redemption. And he knew it. And he knew that he knew it.

He didn't have to check with academics. It was practical to him that peace flooded his heart because of believing in Jesus Christ. Be cause God is EAGER to forgive. God is not interested in man's sins. God is interested in obliterating the memory of those sins forever and furnishing the believer with a new start. That is a new start with God's empowering grace to live in victory.

The word picture of a fountain filled with blood, I believe, the writer drew from two passages:

1.) Zechariah 13:1 about a fountain opened for God's people for sin and impurity.

2.) John 19:34 about John bearing witness that he was an eyewitness to seeing blood and water pouring out from the body of Jesus on the cross.

You see, there was a Gnostic philosophy that argued that Jesus was so good that He could not have been a material man. The Docetists were a brand of Gnostics who could not believe that Jesus was physical. They argued that someone so wonderfully good as Jesus had to have been a non-material phantasm.

John says he was eyewitness to seeing real physical blood and water pouring from the physical body of Jesus Christ.

Both the physical and spiritual impact of this is celebrated in that popular Christian hymn.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 May '21 09:09
    sonship, is the language of the Bible not rich enough? Is the language of the Bible lacking in some way?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '21 09:221 edit
    @fmf said
    sonship, is the language of the Bible not rich enough? Is the language of the Bible lacking in some way?
    Sonship knows the phrase “fountain of blood” is extra biblical but his pride won’t let him back down, so it’s double-down time, over and over and over again.

It’s odd really, because on other doctrinal matters sonship will pull the most obscure scripture to support his case, and here he backs to the hilt something which is not even in the Bible, just because one of his fellow church members wrote it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '21 12:021 edit
    "Doubling down" on the redemption of Christ is good. A Christian never graduates from a need for the blood of Christ.

One may want to stay close to the text and only speak of sprinkling. No problem.
    Another may be so very thankful for His forgiveness that they have a enlarged appreciation.

His blood is not only sprinkled but a "fountain for sin and impurity".

A very thankful person may see Christ's redemption as a tsunami powerfully sweeping relentlessly away all guilt and shame.

Notice the song speaks of sinners "plunge beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stain".

This reminds me of someone whose sins are so HEAVY that he or she can only PLUNGE down with such a weight thankfully under the eternal redemption of Christ.

Whether a sprinkler or plunger or dipper or whatever, man needs the redemption of Jesus for both his own conscience and his boldness before God. Remember, He is faithful and RIGHTEOUS to forgive us of our sins.

It is a matter of God's righteousness. He MUST forgive based on the work of Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree