1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:531 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's a lovely song about blood.
    Its a lovely song about the eternal redemption accomplished through the
    death of the Son of God.

And the phrase "fountain filled with blood" William Cowper wrote during his lifetime (1731-1800).
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:57
    @sonship said
    Its a lovely song about the eternal redemption accomplished through the
    death of the Son of God.

And the phrase "fountain filled with blood" William Cowper wrote during his lifetime (1731-1800).
    Is that an expression he located in the Bible?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:59
    @sonship said
    You originally said the phrase came from one of the lady members of your church?

Anyway it’s man made and erroneous.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:021 edit
    @sonship said
    Our consciences are clear in singing a song in adoration of Christ's redemption taking some poetic license.
    You are conscience-clear to sing about whatever nonsense you choose sonship. No one is condemning you or the people of your church. In fact the erroneous phrase “fountain of blood” is just words, god looks at the heart.

No, what is interesting on this subject and since I first challenged you on it months and months maybe over a year ago, is you and your reaction to the challenge. This is always what is interesting, you, and how you personally behave in this this forum.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:031 edit
    @divegeester said
    You originally said the phrase came from one of the lady members of your church?

Anyway it’s man made and erroneous.
    Again the question: Why do you have to tell lies?

I never said the song or the phrase originated from some lady in my church.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:05
    @sonship said
    Again the question: Why do you have to tell lies?

I never said the song or the phrase originated from some lady in my church.
    Oh well perhaps I am mistaken, but I don’t think so.

Do you think this is a matter of principle?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:154 edits
    @divegeester said
    Oh well perhaps I am mistaken, but I don’t think so.

Do you think this is a matter of principle?
    Yes . . . mistaken (on a few things).
    I just told you that I never did nor WOULD write that Cowper's hymn was created by some lady member of my local church.

Maybe you are recalling me speaking about Fanny Crosby writing some 9,000 or more hymns. (Hard for even me to believe). Years ago I think I posted here about her.

The principle I am addressing is someone complaining about a poetic phrase written about the experiencial enjoyment of a Christian reality - the power of Christ's redemption.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:191 edit
    I gave the biblical background for such a poetic expression and you still pushback.
    I choose to pushback on you some and tell you Christians don't feel heretical for singing about "a fountain filled with blood". And I suspect that it is really the whole matter of Christ's redemption period which annoys you.

Its the redemption of Christ which you don't agree with. Prove me incorrect.
    What do you like about the phrase "sprinkling of the blood" ?
    Has the "sprinkling of the blood" been something YOU have benefitted from ?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:322 edits
    @divegeester
    You are conscience-clear to sing about whatever nonsense you choose sonship.

I reject that "nonsense" is the word to describe the redemption of Jesus Christ.

No one is condemning you or the people of your church.

Are you sober?
    You have persistently spoken of the local churches as a cult with an evil cult leader.

This is condemnation.

In fact the erroneous phrase “fountain of blood” is just words, god looks at the heart.

What in the song suggests that God doesn't look at the heart?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:361 edit
    @sonship said
    The principle I am addressing is someone complaining about a poetic phrase written about the experiencial enjoyment of a Christian reality - the power of Christ's redemption.
    Me challenging you on the correctness of biblical terminology is NOT a matter of “principle”, it is a norm for this forum because it is a debate forum.

Is there a matter of actual principle you want to challenge me on over my assertion that you once, initially cited a lady member of your church as being the person who’s writing you got the phrase from?

Now, I have stated that I might be mistaken but I don’t think I am. But I might be. So if you want to make this a matter of principle I shall go and find the quote and present it to you. But know this, in making it a matter of principle, if you are proved to be wrong I shall expect a full written, detailed and sincere apology from you on the same day and in a brand new thread. Is this agreed?

I am sick of you calling me out for stuff you claim not to have said and then I go find it, present it to you and you disappear.

So have a good think about it before deciding.
    Thanks.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:41
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You are conscience-clear to sing about whatever nonsense you choose sonship.

I reject that "nonsense" is the word to describe the redemption of Jesus Christ.

No one is condemning you or the people of your church.

Are you sober?
    You have persistently spoken of the local churches as a cult with an evil cult leader.

T ...[text shortened]... , god looks at the heart.
    [/quote]

What in the song suggests that God doesn't look at the heart?
    Nonsense refers to your erroneous ramblings. I object to you constantly claiming that I am ridiculing the gospel when you know damn well that I’m not.

I have never used the word “evil” you are making it up! But I sincerely believe you to be a member of a cult church. That is my onset opinion. I feel for you in that respect, I honestly do.

Nothing in the song suggests that god doesn’t look at the heart. I’m simply pointing out that if your spirit is right with god then errors in words are secondary. Tertiary even.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:442 edits
    No, what is interesting on this subject and since I first challenged you on it months and months maybe over a year ago, is you and your reaction to the challenge.

I agree my reaction is insteresting. I won't lie down and have you walk over a great song celebrating the redemption of Christ to justify for eternity sinners.

He shed that blood for you too.
    He is the Lamb of God whose one sacrifice was enough to take away the guilt of the sins of the whole world.

Isn't it interesting ?!

This is always what is interesting, you, and how you personally behave in this this forum.

Ah yes. I should be introspective now.

Before I leave this post, "Emmanuel's veins" in that song is no small thing.
    Acts 20:28 speaks of the church purchased with God's blood.
    Astounding! Emmanuel means "God with us".

And Paul said - " . . . shepherd the church of God, which He obtained with His own blood." (Acts 20:28)

To be fair Darby said it should be "the blood of His own". Anyway Jesus Christ shed His blood for our sins and He was Emmanuel - God with us

Immanuel (Hebrew: עִמָּנוּאֵל‎ meaning, "God is with us"; also romanized: Emmanuel, Imanu'el; also አማኑኤል ('Amanuel' ) in Geʽez and Amharic, and Emmanouël or Εμμανουήλ in Koine Greek [Κοινή Ελληνική] language of the New Testament) is a Hebrew name that appears in the Book of Isaiah (7:14) as a sign that God will be with ...
    ‎Isaiah 7–8 · ‎Summary · ‎Interpretation · ‎Matthew 1:22–23

Wiki
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 09:521 edit
    Divegeester,

Could you tell us how then "the sprinkling of the blood" has effected your spiritual journey? If you prefer a more texturally exact phrase, what meaning does "the sprinkling of the blood" have for you?

Little?
    None?
    Purely academic?
    Anything of your personal spiritual advancement?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 10:02
    @divegeester
    Now, I have stated that I might be mistaken but I don’t think I am. But I might be. So if you want to make this a matter of principle I shall go and find the quote and present it to you.

I CAN'T WAIT.

But know this, in making it a matter of principle, if you are proved to be wrong I shall expect a full written, detailed and sincere apology from you on the same day and in a brand new thread. Is this agreed?

Why not? Sure.
    I already said you were MISTAKEN (and about a few more things).

And I said the PRINCIPLE I was concerned with was misdirecting unbelief in Christ's redemptive work on Calvary under the guise of sticking to the text and harping on "fountain filled with blood" is not written in it.

THAT is what I said is the principle which I was addressing.
    Go back and read it.

I am sick of you calling me out for stuff you claim not to have said and then I go find it, present it to you and you disappear.

Look, you may have a stop watch and a calender, but even like Ghost, When I answer is when I answer.

Stop gaslighting me.
    And I also could say I am sick of you calling the local churches a cult.
    But I do expect it.

If we were not condemned by some in this way I would think we are probably not being faithful to the Lord.

So have a good think about it before deciding.
    Thanks.

You do what you want. But you're wasting your time to try to find such a post by me. Your memory is faulty on that. And your emotional involvement fuels that miss-recollection.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 13:39
    @divegeester said
    I object to you constantly claiming that I am ridiculing the gospel when you know damn well that I’m not.
    Stop lying.

I have never claimed that you are ridiculing the gospel, where have I said that?

If you can find one instance of me saying that I will pay your subscription for three years.

No kindly apologise

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree