1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '21 20:20
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I don't bother worrying about sneers from people who profess following Christ but are ashamed of His words.
    It is amazing that your conscience does not rattle when you say others are ashamed of the words of Christ. Clearly your consciences is seared with a hot iron. I have seen atheists profess that they admire the teachings of Christ and have in fact used these teachings in their daily lives. You on the contrary have openly condemned Christ teachings and started several threads advising people not the keep His commandments. You are the very definition of hypocrisy
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Apr '21 05:05
    @rajk999 said
    It is amazing that your conscience does not rattle when you say others are ashamed of the words of Christ. Clearly your consciences is seared with a hot iron. I have seen atheists profess that they admire the teachings of Christ and have in fact used these teachings in their daily lives. You on the contrary have openly condemned Christ teachings and started several threads advising people not the keep His commandments. You are the very definition of hypocrisy
    Your words are darts in the eyes of God. If you were truly Christ-filled, you would shine His light and show us all how.

But you haven't been doing that, have you.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 12:024 edits
    You on the contrary have openly condemned Christ teachings and started several threads advising people not the keep His commandments. You are the very definition of hypocrisy

No sir.
    We receive the Spirit of Christ through the hearing of faith. (Gal. 3:2)

We continue to be supplied bountifully the Spirit of Christ through the hearing of faith. (Gal. 3:5)

And then the Christian must learn by practice to walk by the Spirit of Christ indwelling them. For Paul says:

"But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (5:16)

Furthermore concerning this freedom he warns -

"It is for freedom Christ has set us free; stand fast therefore, and do not be entangled with a yoke of slavery again." (5:1)

The Galatian Christians had been bewitched by Judaizers trying to put them under the yoke of slavery of trying to justify themselves through the keeping of the law. The Judaizers hated the gospel of grace. And they opposed the Apostle Paul to the uttermost.

What are you doing?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 12:321 edit
    Rajk999, How can a man "[W]alk by the Spirit" if he does not HAVE the Spirit?

How can he learn to "[W]alk by the Spirit" if he cherishes the thought that Jesus is dead ?

Your "gospel" of Ie. "Athiests can make good Christians" is wrong.

Your contempt for religious folks has pushed you over to an extreme of corrupting the New Testament.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 13:15
    @kevin-eleven said
    Your words are darts in the eyes of God. If you were truly Christ-filled, you would shine His light and show us all how.

But you haven't been doing that, have you.
    Well he doesn’t troll through the forum accusing posters of trying to get people commit suicide as you have done.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 19:562 edits
    It is very interesting that the blood of Christ is seen as a power loosing (or releasing) and a liberation freeing.

1.) As a power loosing (or releasing):

"To Him who loves us and has RELEASED us from our sins by His blood." (Rev. 1:5)

This is like the breaking of chains or the releasing from the hold of knots in a binding rope.

2.) As a liberating power, a fresh new beginning:

"For he in whom these things are not present is blind, being shortsighted, having forgotten the cleansing of his past sins." ( 2 Pet. 1:9)

In other words "Why are you still living that old way. You are shortsighted and have forgotten the fresh new beginning and clean break from the past that the precious blood of Christ afforded you."

Why should poets not write of a fountain filled with blood?
    It is through the blood of Christ the believers can overcome accusation, regret, blame, remorse, hesitation and live in victory in Christ -

" . . . the accuser of our brothers has been cast down, who accuses them before our God day and night. And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb . . . " (See Rev. 12:10,11)
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 21:44
    @sonship said
    Why should poets not write of a fountain filled with blood?
    Because there is no mention, literally or otherwise of a “fountain of blood” in the Bible. Quite the opposite, “sprinkling of blood” is mentioned in both the old and new testaments.

Do you feel compelled to write yet another post containing yet another buried assertion to this made up error of “fountain of blood”?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 22:371 edit
    @divegeester
    Do you feel compelled to write yet another post containing yet another buried assertion to this made up error of “fountain of blood”?

I think I have given you ample space to display your Pharisaical disdain for the joyful thankfulness of Christians.

Maybe I'll go on to show some folks equally enjoyable songs about the sprinkling of the blood. Then you'll probably have some sour grapes comment about those as well. Tis sad.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 22:49
    Son, this might seem like an odd question, but it makes sense to me.

Do you eat black pudding?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '21 22:581 edit
    Another joyful song about Christ's redemption:

"What! Not sing of blood divine?
    What! Not tell to all mankind?
    What! Not speak to hearts unclean
    Of the precious living stream.

By this blood, God's life released,
    Blood surpassing any beast's;
    Perfect, spotless Lamb of God,
    Incorruptible His blood.

Voice it has, this holy blood;
    Pow'r possessed to speak with God;
    Speaks it for us at the throne
    With its glorious virtue shown.

Failure on our conscience is-
    Conscience means a "knowing this"-
    Causing us much grief and pain,
    Telling us of every stain.

All the while we're unaware
    Of the blood's effectual prayer.
    Jesus' blood speaks of our case,
    That we might receive His grace!

We need not dead works to bring,
    Nor another offering.
    Nothing else could please our God,
    Heav'n is listening for His blood.

In His blood forgiveness shines;
    Oh, 'tis glorious to find!
    Isreal just atonement knew,
    We have that and cleansing too.

Heart and mind are now at peace
    Rest! Our conscience has been reached.
    Never more we blush in shame,
    We are washed from every stain.

Hallelujah! Fathomless!
    All that's in His blood for us!
    Sing we will, and sing we must;
    In His blood is all our trust!

Here's how it sounds
    https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1124
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 05:181 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I think I have given you ample space to display your Pharisaical disdain for the joyful thankfulness of Christians.

Maybe I'll go on to show some folks equally enjoyable songs about the sprinkling of the blood. Then you'll probably have some sour grapes comment about those as well. Tis sad.
    This is a debate forum and despite your constant bleating and complaining about being debated I will continue to do so by calling out the biblical errors of your cult and yourself.

“Sprinkling of blood” is scripturally accurate
    “Fountain of blood” is a phrase which is made up by a member of your cult church and which stands in complete incongruence to “sprinkling”.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 07:41
    @medullah said
    Son, this might seem like an odd question, but it makes sense to me.

Do you eat black pudding?
    ๐Ÿ˜†

Only when I get the chance! Suddenly I see the benefit of a fountain of blood.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:472 edits
    A little healthy debate is no problem Divegeester. But why do you have to tell lies?
    “Fountain of blood” is a phrase which is made up by a member of your cult church and which stands in complete incongruence to “sprinkling”.

โ€‹The phrase "fountain filled with blood" appeared in a hymn by William Cowper who lived (1731 - 1800). And who knows if it had been used before that somewhere? It be interesting to find out.

Our consciences are clear in singing a song in adoration of Christ's redemption taking some poetic license.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:48
    @sonship said
    Another joyful song about Christ's redemption:

"What! Not sing of blood divine?
    What! Not tell to all mankind?
    What! Not speak to hearts unclean
    Of the precious living stream.

By this blood, God's life released,
    Blood surpassing any beast's;
    Perfect, spotless Lamb of God,
    Incorruptible His blood.

Voice it has, this holy blood;
    Pow'r possessed to speak with ...[text shortened]... In His blood is all our trust!

Here's how it sounds
    https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1124
    It's a lovely song about blood.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Apr '21 08:51
    Just for a second, a glimpse of my father I see
    And in a movement, he beckons to me
    And in a moment, the memories are all that remain
    And all the wounds are reopening again

We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers

And as you look all around at the world in dismay
    What do you see, do you think we have learned
    Not if you're taking a look at the war-torn affray
    Out in the streets where the babies are burned

We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers
    We're blood brothers.

Iron Maiden

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree