1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 18:27
    @Rajk999

You are the one that posted. I’m asking you to clarify ?
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 18:392 edits
    @rajk999 said
    You are a Catholic hence your ignorance. The Maccabees has 4 books.
    You really have got this seriously wrong pal

The last thing that I am is Catholic after the violence that was dished out to me as a child

And as for the books of Maccabees if you go onto the catholic web site it states 2 books of Maccabees.

Of course this confirms what I was beginning to suspect that you are way off the beaten track - by the way if you ask all those good people that have sought you out about Maccabees if they are that good they will correct your thinking; not sure that anyone will be able to put you straight.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:05
    @medullah said
    You really have got this seriously wrong pal

The last thing that I am is Catholic after the violence that was dished out to me as a child

And as for the books of Maccabees if you go onto the catholic web site it states 2 books of Maccabees.

Of course this confirms what I was beginning to suspect that you are way off the beaten track - by the way if you ask all thos ...[text shortened]... re that good they will correct your thinking; not sure that anyone will be able to put you straight.
    Seems like they also removed your brain. You are not a Catholic and yet you seem to think that they are some authority. Why are you referring to their website?

The Greek Septuagint, the bible used by the Apostles, has 4 Maccabees. Go educate yourself.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 21:06
    @medullah said
    @Rajk999

You are the one that posted. I’m asking you to clarify ?
    Clarify what?
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 22:491 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Seems like they also removed your brain. You are not a Catholic and yet you seem to think that they are some authority. Why are you referring to their website?

The Greek Septuagint, the bible used by the Apostles, has 4 Maccabees. Go educate yourself.
    This is where you go, talking down to people.

The only bible that I'm aware of that has the book of Maccabees in it is the Douay version, which has a canon of 73 books, two of which are the books of Maccabees.

So yes I would assume the Catholics are an authority on the bible that they produce - if not them who else?

I am referring to their web site for your education. It's either education that you need or humility, possibly a helping of each.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 22:53
    @medullah said

The only bible that I'm aware of that has the book of Maccabees in it is the Douay version, which has a canon of 73 books, two of which are the books of Maccabees.

So yes I would assume the Catholics are an authority on the bible that they produce - if not them who else?

I am referring to their web site for your education. It's either education that you need or humility, possibly a helping of each.
    Didymus

Sumydid
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 22:54
    @divegeester said
    Didymus

Sumydid
    Is that him ... lol ... I wont be surprised.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 22:58
    @medullah said

IF you talk garbage and I correct you and you continue to insist that your garbage is correct then I will talk down to you because you have demonstrated that you are a damn fool.

Do you think that Christ and the Apostles used the Catholic bible? What kind of moron are you?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 13:57
    @kellyjay said
    Much is made of God being love, He is love, but that doesn't mean anger cannot come from Him either. I love my kids, and if someone attempted to harm them, there would be love for my kids, and anger towards the one who is trying to harm them. So we see this,

"...from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

A day is approach ...[text shortened]... rone, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
    "...from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

I was going to put the next portion of Revelation in this when this caught my eye. Note that the Lamb that slain for sins of the world, it is the Lamb's day of wrath that is coming. We are going to be confronted by Him to give an account of our lives; every single thing about our lives will be brought up, nothing kept secret. Our sins were so great it took the Lamb's life in our place to save us from our sins, so those who received him a Lord and Savior sins will have been paid for by Jesus Christ.

Those that chose other paths ignored it, belittled this great salvation, are going to stand in the presence of the one who took it all for them, and have it thrown back into His face. His wrath the very thing He was trying to save them from, now comes, and there is no escape they will experience the wrath of God and nothing else.
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 18:036 edits
    @rajk999 said
    IF you talk garbage and I correct you and you continue to insist that your garbage is correct then I will talk down to you because you have demonstrated that you are a damn fool.

Do you think that Christ and the Apostles used the Catholic bible? What kind of moron are you?
    You are so full of your own greatness and up your backside, you just don't get it do you?

It would help if you actually read was typed before launching into personal attacks.

Let me make this nice an easy. We know many of the scrolls that were in used by those of Jesus's day because he and the disciples frequently quoted from them; they never quote from the two books of Maccabees (four in your case) which is why it is considered a historical account (and dates from 175 BCE) - part of the apocryphal, and not considered inspired .

There is only one bible that I am aware of that uses the books of Maccabees (two of them); the Douay version (Catholic), and the rational behind the way the book has been compiled is therefore on their web site. If you have a translation with four books of Maccabees then it isn't main stream, and would explain why you have so many weird ideas; you probably wrote them yourself when you were on holiday from fantasy land.

Having now read through your stuff, where you seem to infer that you are gathering your own followers, it wouldn't surprise me if you were to tell me that in your translation there were actually two Christs; Judas Iscariot had an Uncle Albert; and the People's Judean front weren't a figment of John Cleese's imagination but also had their own five-a-side football team.

What are you going to try and tell me next? Adam ate an apple; Jonah was swallowed by a whale; both of the Jesus boys were born on the 25th December; and that there were three wise men??
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 19:00
    @medullah said
    You are so full of your own greatness and up your backside, you just don't get it do you?
    How’s all that puffed up complaining you were doing coming along; you know, about the personal attacks in here..?
  12. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 20:07
    @divegeester

Which passage (no pun intended) do you want to take issue with?

Or was this a question to everyone else but not me?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '19 20:18
    @medullah said

It would help if you actually read was typed before launching into personal attacks.

Let me make this nice an easy. We know many of the scrolls that were in used by those of Jesus's day because he and the disciples frequently quoted from them; they never quote from the two books ...[text shortened]... a whale; both of the Jesus boys were born on the 25th December; and that there were three wise men??
    You are as dumb as a doornail. Whether or not the Maccabees were included in the Septuagint [the bible of the Apostles] is not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. It was included, all four of them. The Catholics removed two of them. Who cares why. The Catholics removed several other books as well. There is nothing to argue about.

Its is not about greatness, but getting ones facts correct before opening your mouth and making yourself a jackass.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 08:25
    @medullah said

Let me make this nice an easy. We know many of the scrolls that were in used by those of Jesus's day because he and the disciples frequently quoted from them; they never quote from the two books ...[text shortened]... a whale; both of the Jesus boys were born on the 25th December; and that there were three wise men??
    I looked it up and found this. 🙂

The books of 3 and 4 Maccabees – What are they?
    https://www.compellingtruth.org/third-fourth-Maccabees.html

Most agree 4 Maccabees was written prior to AD 70. It is listed as canon in the Georgian Orthodox Bible. The other Maccabees, 5 Maccabees, is also known as the Arabic 2 Maccabees, and was written much later. Most Protestant churches and denominations do not consider any of the five Maccabees books to be canon, or part of the inspired Word of God.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 11:15
    @kellyjay said
    I looked it up and found this. 🙂

The books of 3 and 4 Maccabees – What are they?
    https://www.compellingtruth.org/third-fourth-Maccabees.html

Most agree 4 Maccabees was written prior to AD 70. It is listed as canon in the Georgian Orthodox Bible. The other Maccabees, 5 Maccabees, is also known as the Arabic 2 Maccabees, and was written much later. Most Protestant chur ...[text shortened]... ns do not consider any of the five Maccabees books to be canon, or part of the inspired Word of God.
    Who cares. There are just two issues here.
    1. What bible did the Apostles and early Christians use?
    2. Was the Maccabees included and how many books were there?

Answers
    1. the Septuagint
    2. Yes, 4

Here are the books:

Genesis
    Exodus
    Leviticus
    Numbers
    Deuteronomy
    Joshua
    Judges
    Ruth
    Kings I
    Kings II
    Kings III
    Kings IV
    Chronicles I
    Chronicles II
    Ezra
    I Esdras
    Nehemiah
    Tobit
    Judith
    Esther
    I Maccabees
    II Maccabees
    III Maccabees
    IV Maccabees
    Job
    Psalms
    Proverbs
    Ecclesiastes
    Song of Songs
    Wisdom
    Sirach
    Esaias
    Jeremias
    Lamentations
    Baruch
    Jezekiel
    Daniel
    Osee
    Joel
    Amos
    Obdias
    Jonas
    Michaeas
    Naum
    Ambacum
    Sophonias
    Aggaeus
    Zacharias
    Malachias

http://ecmarsh.com/lxx/Genesis/index.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree