1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 12:26
    @rajk999 said
    Who cares. There are just two issues here.
    1. What bible did the Apostles and early Christians use?
    2. Was the Maccabees included and how many books were there?

Answers
    1. the Septuagint
    2. Yes, 4

Here are the books:

Genesis
    Exodus
    Leviticus
    Numbers
    Deuteronomy
    Joshua
    Judges
    Ruth
    Kings I
    Kings II
    Kings III
    Kings IV
    Chronicles I
    Chronicles II
    Ezra ...[text shortened]...
    Naum
    Ambacum
    Sophonias
    Aggaeus
    Zacharias
    Malachias

http://ecmarsh.com/lxx/Genesis/index.htm
    Apparently, you care since your still harping on the topic. I thought it odd between two and four there turns out to be five, which you choose to ignore. You can say what you will about this; I really don't care.
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 12:571 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I looked it up and found this. 🙂

The books of 3 and 4 Maccabees – What are they?
    https://www.compellingtruth.org/third-fourth-Maccabees.html

Most agree 4 Maccabees was written prior to AD 70. It is listed as canon in the Georgian Orthodox Bible. The other Maccabees, 5 Maccabees, is also known as the Arabic 2 Maccabees, and was written much later. Most Protestant chur ...[text shortened]... ns do not consider any of the five Maccabees books to be canon, or part of the inspired Word of God.
    Thank you for clarifying.

The further books of the Maccabees are not in main stream publications, but have existed, I stand corrected.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 13:221 edit
    @medullah said
    @divegeester
    Which passage (no pun intended) do you want to take issue with?
    Or was this a question to everyone else but not me?
    You have, several times since the start of your recent posting bout in here, adopted a somewhat pompous position and complained about the personal attacks in this forum.

I've pointed out to you your hypocrisy when you have just attacked rajk999.
    So I'm asking you in a pointed way:

How’s all that puffed up complaining you were doing coming along; you know, about the personal attacks in here..?

You can dodge the question again if you like...
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 17:313 edits
    @divegeester

When Jesus said that the Pharisees were hypocrites it wasn't a personal attack, but a statement of fact.

When I use English slang (naughty me) to describe him as having a very high opinion of himself it wasn't a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

I didn't call him names, I just called him for what he is; somebody with a distinct lack of humility.

Now if you are going to snipe at me, and I know of no more proficient an exponent of that practice than yourself, I suggest that you pick something with a little more solid a foundation, rather than scraping the barrel and getting your fingers full of splinters.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 17:551 edit
    @medullah said
    @divegeester

When Jesus said that the Pharisees were hypocrites it wasn't a personal attack, but a statement of fact.

When I use English slang (naughty me) to describe him as having a very high opinion of himself it wasn't a personal attack, it's a statement of fact.

I didn't call him names, I just called him for what he is; somebody with a distinct lack of humilit ...[text shortened]... more solid a foundation, rather than scraping the barrel and getting your fingers full of splinters.
    You comparing of your name-calling of Rajk999; “being up his his own ass” was it? to the words of Jesus Christ is interesting and noted.

So what specific comments by which posters were you referring to when you categorised this forum as being full of personal attacks?
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 19:09
    You know full well the sky in Rajk's world is a totally different colour to everybody else's. He doesn't have to be self righteous and talk down to people but he chooses to.

This isn't really about Rajk though, he's a convenient excuse for your disingenuous indignation. Do you seriously think I give a monkey's at this point about what you do and don't note?

I'm afraid that you are getting boring. Go and snipe at somebody that doesn't mind you acting like a great peevish tart, or grow a pair and we can have a proper discussion.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 20:381 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 00:35
    @medullah said
    You know full well the sky in Rajk's world is a totally different colour to everybody else's. He doesn't have to be self righteous and talk down to people but he chooses to.

This isn't really about Rajk though, he's a convenient excuse for your disingenuous indignation. Do you seriously think I give a monkey's at this point about what you do and don't note?

I'm afra ...[text shortened]... esn't mind you acting like a great peevish tart, or grow a pair and we can have a proper discussion.
    The lame-brains are easy to spot. They focus on people rather than on the issue, they are easily offended, they make incorrect statements, they do not do the research before opening their mouth. Make an effort to change.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 00:44
    @kellyjay said
    Apparently, you care since your still harping on the topic. I thought it odd between two and four there turns out to be five, which you choose to ignore. You can say what you will about this; I really don't care.
    5-8 came much later, and there is disagreement whether they belong with the other 4.

I have a link about it, but it will have to wait for later. I have little time these days, work has hit the busy season and I'm now doing 12.5 hour workdays.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 01:131 edit
    @suzianne said
    5-8 came much later, and there is disagreement whether they belong with the other 4.

I have a link about it, but it will have to wait for later. I have little time these days, work has hit the busy season and I'm now doing 12.5 hour workdays.
    Thank you suzianne, everything I always wanted to know about them and some was answered in what I posted. Don't put yourself out please, thank you for your kind offer.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 17:23
    @medullah said
    Do you seriously think I give a monkey's at this point about what you do and don't note?
    As a matter of fact yes I do; and if you ask me nicely I will you why...
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 20:21
    @divegeester said
    As a matter of fact yes I do; and if you ask me nicely I will you why...
    Why should anyone ask you anything nicely, ever, you brambly James Blunt?
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 01:39
    @caesar-salad said
    Of course now I recognize that "twisted James Blunt" would have been better for the double-entendre. 😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 05:20
    @caesar-salad said
    If you ask me nicely, I’ll tell you who I think you previous RHP incarnation was.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 05:221 edit
    @caesar-salad said
    Of course now I recognize that "twisted James Blunt" would have been better for the double-entendre. 😉
    You seem upset with me for some reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree