1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 20:54
    @divegeester said
    As a matter of fact yes I do; and if you ask me nicely I will you why...
    I don’t want you to tell my why

I want to know if you know who Bobby Tambling was ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 23:19
    @medullah said
    I want to know if you know who Bobby Tambling was ?
    Why?
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 23:41
    @rajk999 said
    What is Gods Word? All the translations by man that are manipulated to say things that the original Hebrew and Greek scrolls did not say are not Gods Word.
    Such as? Please share. I have found translations of Scriptures that I have greatly disagreed with. So please share which scriptures you think are twisted, or current scriptures that you think are false?
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 23:511 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Revelation 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy ...[text shortened]... the opening of this book of God or man? If true and you believe, have you ever read this book aloud?
    did John receive the context of this book from God or did he make it up?
    From God of course.
    Is the opening of this book of God or man?
    Of God, aka, Jesus the Lamb.
    If true and you believe, have you ever read this book aloud? I know I have read several portions aloud; however, I don't think I've ever read the whole book aloud consecutively. I'll have to do that sometime soon. Sounds like a great goal to set.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 00:11
    @kellyjay said
    Much is made of God being love, He is love, but that doesn't mean anger cannot come from Him either. I love my kids, and if someone attempted to harm them, there would be love for my kids, and anger towards the one who is trying to harm them. So we see this,

"...from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

A day is approach ...[text shortened]... rone, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”
    Judgment is coming an accounting of our lives. We see our salvation belongs to God and to the Lamb, not something we can take credit for.

“Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Revelation 7 English Standard Version (ESV)
    After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree. Then I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, with the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm earth and sea, saying, “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” And I heard the number of the sealed, 144,000, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
    12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
    12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
    12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
    12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
    12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
    12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
    12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
    12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
    12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
    12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
    12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
    12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.
    After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
    Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    “Therefore they are before the throne of God,
    and serve him day and night in his temple;
    and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.
    They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
    the sun shall not strike them,
    nor any scorching heat.
    For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
    and he will guide them to springs of living water,
    and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    13 Dec '19 23:19
    @KellyJay

What I always found interesting about this were that these tribes don't match the tribes of Israel.

Any ideas?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '19 02:09
    @medullah said
    @KellyJay

What I always found interesting about this were that these tribes don't match the tribes of Israel.

Any ideas?
    I hadn't noticed it before. Dan and Ephraim are also not mentioned, but Ephraim could be included in Joseph even though Manasseh is named. A quick search on the topic suggests the tribe of Dan's idolatry may have something to do with it. Honestly, I've no idea, but an interesting point.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 01:48
    @kingdavid403 said
    did John receive the context of this book from God or did he make it up?
    From God of course.
    Oh come on, my Canadian fellow. John must have been shroomin' or writing in code as Russians under Stalin had to do.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 06:51
    I can undestand why you might think that , but it takes us back to the book of Daniel; if you can understand that it lays the foundation for the book of Revelation.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 09:06
    @kellyjay said
    I hadn't noticed it before.
    But you’re still absolutely certain about everything you believe about the bible?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 09:08
    @medullah said
    I can undestand why you might think that , but it takes us back to the book of Daniel; if you can understand that it lays the foundation for the book of Revelation.
    You’ve still to explain this claim other than compare one set of OT bizarre visions with another set of NT bizarre visions.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 16:33
    @medullah said
    Good to know. Thank you.
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 12:44
    @divegeester said
    You’ve still to explain this claim other than compare one set of OT bizarre visions with another set of NT bizarre visions.
    In the other thread I picked up your gauntlet and presented you with an argument line by line, on how in three treaties the UK went from a full democracy in the 1960's to a pseudo democracy in the 1990s onwards, clearly heading towards a Chinese style arrangement. This is the very reason that this country kicked up and wanted to get out of the EU in the shape of Brexit, as we are being ruled by a Politburo that we can not vote out and who vote themselves into positions of power on their gold lined gravy train. Notice how those associated with the "left" have been systematically trying to stifle the peoples' will since 2016 and got their butts kicked in the North East.

You didn't take issue with a single element of my proposition but just dismissed it as "whacky"?

So is there any point in me wasting time on something that you aren't really likely to engage in?

I liked your comments on the NHS on the NHS by the way.
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 12:45

Removed by poster

15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 20:05
    @kellyjay said
    Judgment is coming an accounting of our lives. We see our salvation belongs to God and to the Lamb, not something we can take credit for.

“Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Revelation 7 English Standard Version (ESV)
    After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, th ...[text shortened]... he will guide them to springs of living water,
    and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
    The end of the world as we know it is now getting closer, and things are about to get bad as judgment starts to fall.

Revelation 8 English Standard Version (ESV)
    When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.
    Now the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to blow them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree