1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 18:16
    Revelation 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

For those who do not believe in God, all answers to questions about this book will be received with that knowledge in mind. For those that make a claim of belief in God, your opinion is really being looked for.

Now, right out of the gate for those who claim to believe did John receive the context of this book from God or did he make it up? Is the opening of this book of God or man? If true and you believe, have you ever read this book aloud?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 18:281 edit
    @KellyJay

It is the climax of the revelation of the whole Bible.
    And I have read it aloud, sang it, prayed with it too. And of course I study in it still every year.

Once me and two other guys sat in the town center and read aloud about the first four chapters. And we were quite blessed with the enjoyment of doing so.

I believe John wrote Revelation before he wrote the Gospel of John.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 18:38
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay

And I have read it aloud, sang it, prayed with it too. And of course I study in it still every year.

Once me and two other guys sat in the town center and read aloud about the first four chapters. And we were quite blessed with the enjoyment of doing so.

Why do you think Revelation was before the gospel? I actually had never wondered about that until just now as you said that.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 19:19

Removed by poster

5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 19:541 edit
    I can’t believe the literalist is going to play copy/paste with the text in Revelation.

Continuing chapter 1 with v 12-16

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me.
    And having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was One like the Son of Man, dressed in a long robe, with a golden sash around His chest. The hair of His head was white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were like a blazing fire. His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters. He held in His right hand seven stars, and a sharp double-edged sword came from His mouth. His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.

In these first 5 verses after the prologue I count 3 metaphors and 6 similes.

Kind of sets the tone for the whole book, including the allegories or course...
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 21:04
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay

I was about to like your deleted post, but it isn't possible. 🙂
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 21:131 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Revelation 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy ...[text shortened]... the opening of this book of God or man? If true and you believe, have you ever read this book aloud?
    There is no such thing as 'reads aloud' in the KJV, neither is it in the original Greek manuscripts. You quote from your church approved translation the ESV. Sonship does the same and so do the JWs. You people all have your own version of Gods Word to which additional words designed alter the meaning have been inserted into the bible.

That alone is a grave error and a sin punishable by damnation.

`For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Revelation 22:18 KJV)
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 22:441 edit
    @rajk999 said
    There is no such thing as 'reads aloud' in the KJV, neither is it in the original Greek manuscripts. You quote from your church approved translation the ESV. Sonship does the same and so do the JWs. You people all have your own version of Gods Word to which additional words designed alter the meaning have been inserted into the bible.

That alone is a grave error and a sin ...[text shortened]... things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Revelation 22:18 KJV)[/i]
    Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV)
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
    Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
    Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

It isn't just the ESV, and you can look to several versions not just the KJV and explain how those that hear are not having it read to them.

New International Version
    Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

New Living Translation
    God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.

English Standard Version
    Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

Berean Study Bible
    Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear and obey what is written in it, because the time is near.

Berean Literal Bible
    Blessed is the one reading, and those hearing the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things having been written in it; for the time is near.

New American Standard Bible
    Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

New King James Version
    Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

King James Bible
    Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Christian Standard Bible
    Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep what is written in it, because the time is near.

Contemporary English Version
    God will bless everyone who reads this prophecy to others, and he will bless everyone who hears and obeys it. The time is almost here.

Good News Translation
    Happy is the one who reads this book, and happy are those who listen to the words of this prophetic message and obey what is written in this book! For the time is near when all these things will happen.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    The one who reads this is blessed, and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep what is written in it are blessed, because the time is near!

International Standard Version
    How blessed is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and obey what is written in it, for the time is near!

NET Bible
    Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy aloud, and blessed are those who hear and obey the things written in it, because the time is near!

New Heart English Bible
    Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is near.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Blessed is the one who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things that are written in it, for the time is near.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    Blessed is the one who reads, as well as those who hear the words of this prophecy and pay attention to what is written in it because the time is near.

New American Standard 1977
    Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Blessed is he that reads and those that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein, for the time is at hand.

King James 2000 Bible
    Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

American King James Version
    Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

American Standard Version
    Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Blessed is he, that readeth and heareth the words of this prophecy; and keepeth those things which are written in it; for the time is at hand.

Darby Bible Translation
    Blessed [is] he that reads, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things written in it; for the time [is] near.

English Revised Version
    Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
    Blessed is he who reads and blessed are those who listen to the words of this prophecy and lay to heart what is written in it; for the time for its fulfillment is now close at hand.

World English Bible
    Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is at hand.

Young's Literal Translation
    Happy is he who is reading, and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 22:55
    @rajk999 said

That alone is a grave error and a sin ...[text shortened]... things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (Revelation 22:18 KJV)[/i]
    So you are of the opinion if we don't speak and read the original Greek or read the King James Version only we are going to Hell?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 22:57
    @kellyjay said
    So you are of the opinion if we don't speak and read the original Greek or read the King James Version only we are going to Hell?
    What is Gods Word? All the translations by man that are manipulated to say things that the original Hebrew and Greek scrolls did not say are not Gods Word.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 23:001 edit
    @rajk999 said
    What is Gods Word? All the translations by man that are manipulated to say things that the original Hebrew and Greek scrolls did not say are not Gods Word.
    So now there are no good translations of the Word of God, is that what you are saying now?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 23:01
    @kellyjay said
    Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV)
    The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
    Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
    Blessed is he that readeth, and they that h ...[text shortened]... se hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it -- for the time is nigh!
    I repeat there is nothing in the bible about reading aloud. To hear in many parts of the bible means to understand and to OBEY

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Romans 2:13 KJV)

You appear to be focusing on the reading aloud, and on the hearing, while the bible stresses obeying what is written in the book of Revelation.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3 KJV)
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 23:132 edits
    @rajk999 said
    I repeat there is nothing in the bible about reading aloud. To hear in many parts of the bible means to understand and to OBEY

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. (Romans 2:13 KJV)

You appear to be focusing on the reading aloud, and on the hearing, while the bible stresses obeying what is written in th ...[text shortened]... b]keep those things which are written therein: [/b]for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3 KJV)[/i]
    I don't care that you repeat your error; it doesn't change anything; either you are denouncing all translations, including the KJV, or you can give your list of acceptable translations. Just so you know Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek were the languages used in writing the Bible's text too.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 23:19
    @kellyjay said
    I don't care that you repeat your error; it doesn't change anything; either you are denouncing all translations, including the KJV, or you can give your the list of acceptable translations. Just so you know Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek were the languages used in writing the Bible's text too.
    A bible written around the 1990s like the ESV is one that I would put no faith in. The bible used by the JWs is another, as is the one promoted by sonship, the NIV. The one produced by the Seven Day Adventists is another nonsense bible written to promote a particular church doctrine. They are all twisted and false. That is my last post in this thread.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Oct '19 23:22
    @rajk999 said
    A bible written around the 1990s like the ESV is one that I would put no faith in. The bible used by the JWs is another, as is the one promoted by sonship, the NIV. The one produced by the Seven Day Adventists is another nonsense bible written to promote a particular church doctrine. They are all twisted and false. That is my last post in this thread.
    What does the it being written in 1990's have to do with anything? You think the KJV version is better just because of the year it was written in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree