The book of Revelation

The book of Revelation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
You realize every time you read scriptures in any language other than the original everything said was is in different words than the original text. In the beginning God created... take from there.
I repeat, there is no mention of creation or destruction of the universe mentioned in the bible. You are a bible twister. Learn to read and practice understanding.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
26 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
You realize every time you read scriptures in any language other than the original everything said was is in different words than the original text. In the beginning God created... take from there.
This is true

Even the name of Jesus isn’t accurate - the real name is closer to Yeshua

And with multiple translations it’s a bit of a stretch to say that you can’t use a given word because it’s not in the bible because there revisions, so words creep in and out.

Good example is in older bibles there is a representation of the Devine name at psalm 83:18 whereas it tends to read “Lord” in the more recent translations.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Nov 19

@medullah said
The very question I was asking you.

Which precisely are the scriptures that you are asking me if I have read in relation to references of earth’s destruction ?
One of many

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:10-13 KJV)

What kind of Christian are you that you need these elementary passages pointed out to you. Do you not have a searchable electronic bible? If not get one, or use Google.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Nov 19

@medullah said
This is true

Even the name of Jesus isn’t accurate - the real name is closer to Yeshua

And with multiple translations it’s a bit of a stretch to say that you can’t use a given word because it’s not in the bible because there revisions, so words creep in and out.

Good example is in older bibles there is a representation of the Devine name at psalm 83:18 whereas it tends to read “Lord” in the more recent translations.
The issue is replacing the word heavens, with the word universe.
Are they synonymous?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
26 Nov 19

@Rajk999

I wasn’t asking anyone to point out elementary anything. You were constructing a proposition so I wanted you to be specific.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Nov 19

@medullah said
@Rajk999

I wasn’t asking anyone to point out elementary anything. You were constructing a proposition so I wanted you to be specific.
So if you are well aware that the bible speaks of the destruction of the earth then why ask me to point out passages? This is an example of you being uncivil in a discussion. If you know then do not derail the discussion by asking for information which you already have.

Moves
26 Nov 19

@caesar-salad said
I regret that we were ever at odds.
@divegeester
The moment has passed, and the regret was fleeting.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Nov 19

@caesar-salad said
@divegeester
The moment has passed, and the regret was fleeting.
Thanks for the update of your emotional condition.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
26 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
So if you are well aware that the bible speaks of the destruction of the earth then why ask me to point out passages? This is an example of you being uncivil in a discussion. If you know then do not derail the discussion by asking for information which you already have.
Because you asked the question in the plural ..............

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
26 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
Are they synonymous?
Not in my book. But the question that hasn't been asked is what translation is Kelly working from?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
26 Nov 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
One of many

[i]But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godlin ...[text shortened]... es pointed out to you. Do you not have a searchable electronic bible? If not get one, or use Google.
May I suggest that you have a quick look at 2 Timothy 2:25 ?

Where somebody is in error it is quite correct to reprove, but it's how you go about it.

If I was new to the faith then your words "What kind of Christian are you that you" could have proved to be a stumbling block.

We are not enemies, but all on the same side with different perspectives.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
Are they synonymous?
Genesis 1:14-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.

How do you define the two using scripture?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Nov 19

@medullah said
May I suggest that you have a quick look at 2 Timothy 2:25 ?

Where somebody is in error it is quite correct to reprove, but it's how you go about it.

If I was new to the faith then your words "What kind of Christian are you that you" could have proved to be a stumbling block.

We are not enemies, but all on the same side with different perspectives.
That is the lamest post from a professed Christian. I suspect you are just a fake Christian promoting these conspiracy theories to stir up infantile discussions.

I am not in your side. I am on the side of Christ while you seem to be way out there in the woods lost in foolish pointless theories

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Nov 19

@divegeester said
I didn't say that anything was "of the occult" so please don't try to "agree with me" on it.

KellyJay and sonship might fall for your smooth stroking, but not this poster.
Please pay attention.

Two sentences.

I did NOT say that "I agree with you saying that these things are of the occult."

I agreed with your post because I believe these things are of the occult.

Accusing me of lying is beyond the pale. God forbid I should agree with you, ever.

You whine and cry when I let what people say here go without comment. Now you whine and cry that I agreed with you. Please stuff your ego-stroking self-righteousness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
As the end gets closer it becomes clearer this life and all that is in it, is ending.

Revelation 6 English Standard Version (ESV)
When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatu ...[text shortened]... f the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
Much is made of God being love, He is love, but that doesn't mean anger cannot come from Him either. I love my kids, and if someone attempted to harm them, there would be love for my kids, and anger towards the one who is trying to harm them. So we see this,

"...from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

A day is approaching, and it moves nearer each day, the great day of the wrath of the Lamb, and who can stand? It isn't like you then call on the Lord to be saved; it is the Lord who is coming in wrath. We can go to the authorities for issues we have with each other, someone higher than us in authority, but when it is God and us, it is better to get right while the getting right with God is being offered through the Lamb, then regret it when it is to late, after the door gets shut.

Revelation 6 English Standard Version (ESV)
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”