The book of Revelation

The book of Revelation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
Genesis 1:14-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule th ...[text shortened]... and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.

How do you define the two using scripture?
That is not the universe, you moron. That passage describes the solar system and the Milky Way Galaxy.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
That is not the universe, you moron. That passage describes the solar system and the Milky Way Galaxy.
I don't see the words solar system and Milky Way Galaxy, are you sure, what verse do you get that from, it seems to me those words are like the "universe" they are merely words we use when talking about the creation, words that are not in the text.

God created everything in the beginning; part of everything is the universe. Do you think that God created something before the beginning? How do you come up with the words you use?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
I don't see the words solar system and Milky Way Galaxy, are you sure, what verse do you get that from, it seems to me those words are like the "universe" they are merely words we use when talking about the creation, words that are not in the text.

God created everything in the beginning; part of everything is the universe. Do you think that God created something before the beginning? How do you come up with the words you use?
Oh .. here we have another donkey who believes the universe is 6,000 years old... lol 😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Oh .. here we have another donkey who believes the universe is 6,000 years old... lol 😀
I admit it I'm a young earther, no problem there. If the creation story isn't to be believed, why should any of the rest?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
I admit it I'm a young earther, no problem there. If the creation story isn't to be believed, why should any of the rest?
A 6,000 yr old universe .. LOL You are stupid stupid man.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
28 Nov 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Hi Kelly.

First two verses of Genesis (NIV)

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

So the earth is formed (and I read into that the rest of the solar system etc.)

Once the earth is formed we then go on to the creative days. So you aren't told how long it actually took to do all the other stuff before God starts creating?

3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

What do you think?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Nov 19
1 edit

@medullah said
Hi Kelly.

First two verses of Genesis (NIV)

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

So the earth is formed (and I read into that the rest of the solar system etc.)

Once the earth is formed we then go on to the cre ...[text shortened]... he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

What do you think?
He created the Heavens and the earth, and started populating both later on. He made all things in the beginning, so in the beginning all things were made.

John 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
28 Nov 19

@KellyJay

OK - but "in the beginning" is not automatically when the earth was created was it? or do you feel that it was done together?

Moves
28 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
Where in the “creation story” does the age of the earth being 6000 years get mentioned?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Nov 19

@medullah said
@KellyJay

OK - but "in the beginning" is not automatically when the earth was created was it? or do you feel that it was done together?
If we attempt to change the words to make them mean whatever we want, they can say anything. God created it all from nothing, ex nihilo. He made all matter, time, energy, and space all at once; it was completely necessary. Without time when would it occur, without space, where would go, without energy by what power, without matter what just got created?

God transcends it all, because of this, nothing we do in the material world is going to answer all the questions.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
28 Nov 19

@KellyJay

I would agree 100% with that 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Nov 19

@medullah said
@KellyJay

I would agree 100% with that 😉
Pretty soon you will agree that the universe is 6000 yrs old.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
Do you believe Jesus is the Word of God, if so why?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Nov 19

@rajk999 said
Why???

I have just argued against it !

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
29 Nov 19

@kellyjay said
Do you believe Jesus is the Word of God, if so why?
I do.

I don't like this translation
(Genesis 3)

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day,

in others it talks of the voice

I think that voice was Jesus (personal opinion)