The Book Of Revelation Effect

The Book Of Revelation Effect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
If I had a vision in which Jesus told me that he wanted to add some information to the existing bible, how would I go about getting the text that I wrote canonized? What would be the procedure?

edit: might be worth a thread in its own right
In the Catholic Church, you would start by talking with a local Bishop. And eventually it would go to a council. Basically if Jesus wants to add to the bible, it would get there.

Often, people have spiritual experiences. These are known as personal revelations. A good example for you to read would be those of a nun, St. Faustina.

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
In the Catholic Church, you would start by talking with a local Bishop. And eventually it would go to a council. Basically if Jesus wants to add to the bible, it would get there.

Often, people have spiritual experiences. These are known as personal revelations. A good example for you to read would be those of a nun, St. Faustina.
Maybe you could post this on the thread I started?

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Short of time. A few dot points that will maybe be expanded upon if the topic draws a discussion.

Bogus origin. Someone wrote down his "vision"? Sure.

Tacked on late in the day. How long had Jesus been dead? 50 or 60 years?

Deliberately opaque and given to divisive, competing interpretations.

Totally pretentious and portentous, unlike Jesus as portra ...[text shortened]... what people claim it to be, and NOT trying to persuade you that you are wrong to believe it. 🙂
You are right to say that Jesus is portrayed very differently. All of the Gospels, the books of Paul and all the others are books of teaching. The book of Revelations is a book of judgement and revealing.

Jesus died, true enough. But He rose and is alive, "ascended into heaven", as the scripture states.

I believe the book of Rev. was purposely given to John in this way because it wasn't ment for them. It is for us and for our time.
An example of why I say our time. "The beast that comes from the sea." I wondered about that for a long time, 'what it ment'. "The beast that come from the sea" is also known as a 'sea change', a change of the way people think. There is a 'sea change' going on right now around the world. Me, me, me, the 'I' mentality. What am I going to get out of it. Even the Christians have fallen into this trap.

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

I believe the book of Rev. was purposely given to John in this way because it wasn't ment for them. It is for us and for our time.
John who? Why were his claims about the content of a vision he says he had included in the bible?

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
John who? Why were his claims about the content of a vision he says he had included in the bible?
It was the Apostle John who wrote Rev. Why was it included in the Bible, because Jesus wanted it there.

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

It was the Apostle John who wrote Rev. Why was it included in the Bible, because Jesus wanted it there.
On what basis do you claim "the Apostle John" who wrote it?

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
His own words

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

His own words
Where were "the Apostle John's" own words?

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
A. D. doesn't man 'after death', as many believe. I can't remember exactly what AD was in reference to But it is believed that Jesus was crucifed in 33 AD. So when we look at John, the youngest disciple, he could have been in his 70's when it was written.

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

A. D. doesn't man 'after death', as many believe. I can't remember exactly what AD was in reference to But it is believed that Jesus was crucifed in 33 AD. So when we look at John, the youngest disciple, he could have been in his 70's when it was written.
Where is the claim it was him made? How is the claim substantiated?

P

Moves
03 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Rev 1:9 Rev. 22:8

P

Moves
03 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Certainly it was God's Revelation to
John

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

Rev 1:9 Rev. 22:8
Oh I see. And how is this claim substantiated? What reason, apart from what the text claims about itself, does anyone have to accept it?

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

Certainly it was God's Revelation through an Angel to John
Why should I take your word for it? Your sincerity or certainty is not evidence or proof.

F

Moves
03 Apr 14

Certainly it was God's Revelation to
John
It was God's Revelation to John through an Angel?