The ascension

The ascension

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Galatians 4:4?

But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law.
Jesus Christ was born under the law; Christianity didn’t start until after His Resurrection.

“But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.”

(Galatians 5:18)

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”

(Galatians 2:21)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
No, the discussion to this point has been from a theist's perspective.

I will be glad to answer questions from my perspective. I just want to make it clear perspectives are switching.
The question of whether intelligent life exists on other planets is outside the ability to answer from the Bible as God is silent on the subject.

If there’s a Biblical verse that says or indicates there is or is not life on another planet, I’m not aware of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Deep down, I suspect you and other “atheists” know God exists. You just deny it - not unlike when tiger hides under his bedcovers and thinks I don’t see him. I play along and say, “Tiger where are you? I wonder where tiger is.”

And then his bedcovers start shaking from his giggling, and I say, “Why are tiger’s bedcovers shaking? There must be a strong ...[text shortened]... more PB!”

Then tiger throws off his bedcovers and cries, “Nooooooo!” and we laugh and laugh.
Should have mentioned this post on page 7 of this thread was excerpted from my forthcoming children’s book entitled:

“Where’s Tiger?
The Adventures of a Peanut Butter-Loving Scamp at Shetland Primary by Day, and an Angry, Ale-Swilling Drunkard by Night”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Apr 18

Should have mentioned this post on page 7 of this thread was excerpted from my forthcoming children’s book entitled:

“Where’s Tiger?
The Adventures of a Peanut Butter-Loving Scamp at Shetland Primary by Day, and an Angry, Ale-Swilling Drunkard by Night”
I’ll be introducing a new character for the second book in the series - Tiger’s best chum Kiddo.

Kiddo is an overly curious, cross-dressing motormouth at Shetland Primary who suffers from ADHD and who had to write a public apology to the entire third grade and to Principal Saunders for his atrocious behavior.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 18

I’ll be introducing a new character for the second book in the series - Tiger’s best chum Kiddo.

Kiddo is an overly curious, cross-dressing motormouth at Shetland Primary who suffers from ADHD and who had to write a public apology to the entire third grade and to Principal Saunders for his atrocious behavior.
And the third installment in the Tiger children’s book series will introduce Heartpence, a guidance counselor at Shetland Primary who fancies himself a world-renowned psychiatrist but who spends most of his day trolling on the Internet.

Heartpence is an outcast at Shetland Primary due to his pomposity, frequent grammatical and diagnostic errors and refusal to admit when he’s wrong, but he found a kindred spirit in Kiddo when he began counseling Kiddo for his ADHD and anti-social behavior.

Heartpence loves to obsess over trivialities and challenge Miss Alawat’s knowledge of grammar, but becomes enraged when Miss Alawat dismisses him as a “nut job.”

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Apr 18

The Holy Bible, as far as I know, doesn’t say anything about intelligent life on other planets. The question always was asked seeking an answer from your perspective.
What do you think John 10:16 is talking about, then?

Moves
19 Apr 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

You think that the most reasonable and likely explaination of this text is that Jesus was referring to followers he has on other planets?

No wonder you and sonship are locked in together.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
“And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”

(John 10:16)

I always thought the “other sheep” referred to Gentiles. As far as I know, Jesus is talking to His Jewish disciples in John 16.

Edit: I think it’s similar to the grafting of branches mentioned elsewhere.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Apr 18

“And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.”

(John 10:16)

I always thought the “other sheep” referred to Gentiles. As far as I know, Jesus is talking to His Jewish disciples in John 16.

Edit: I think it’s similar to the grafting of branches mentioned elsewhere.
These are the verses I was thinking of:

“I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.”

(Romans 11:11-21)

Moves
19 Apr 18

Space ships, aliens, eternal torture in flames,

It’s all here folks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Space ships, aliens, eternal torture in flames,

It’s all here folks.
Don’t forget tiger, kiddo, Heartpence, Principal Saunders and Miss Alawat. Not to mention the blokes in the pub.

Moves
20 Apr 18

Don’t forget tiger, kiddo, Heartpence, Principal Saunders and Miss Alawat. Not to mention the blokes in the pub.
I don’t get it...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Apr 18

I don’t get it...
Stop playing dumb, tiger, or it’s no more PB&J sandwiches for you. And we won’t play “Where’s Tiger?” anymore either.

Oh, and you can forget about getting a ride to the pub every day after school too.

Moves
20 Apr 18

Stop playing dumb, tiger, or it’s no more PB&J sandwiches for you. And we won’t play “Where’s Tiger?” anymore either.

Oh, and you can forget about getting a ride to the pub every day after school too.
What are you on about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Apr 18

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

You think that the most reasonable and likely explaination of this text is that Jesus was referring to followers he has on other planets?

No wonder you and sonship are locked in together.
Feel free to actually answer the question, instead of knuckle-dragging. If you so eagerly jump into a conversation, you must have something, besides fist-swinging, to say.