The ascension

The ascension

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
I'm an atheist, but if I was in your shoes, and believed in a creater-God, I'd think it unlikely that he created all those billions of planets, many with conditions similiar to Earth's, yet only put life on Earth itself.

Nobody knows if there is life on other planets. But it seems more likely than not.
How many planets do you think have conditions capable of supporting life? From what I’ve read, the “Goldilocks zone” is pretty small. Very small, in fact. Just a slight change in any of a large number of different conditions would have rendered the emergence of life (not to mention intelligent life) impossible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Remove 'created by God,' and you have yourself a perfect sentence.
Yeah .. well I'm trying to broaden the minds of these Christians so i need them to see God as the creator of these zillions of galaxies...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
He seemingly lacks basic curiosity. Or, he was too lazy to bother to think before posting.
His mind has been dulled by the church. .. not the bible or God

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
Yeah .. well I'm trying to broaden the minds of these Christians so i need them to see God as the creator of these zillions of galaxies...
Everyone knows God created the universe, amigo. The question is whether intelligent life exists on other planets. Focus, amigo, focus. Don’t be in such a rush to post that you don’t think about what you’re saying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

His mind has been dulled by the church. .. not the bible or God
Are you planning to answer how many planets you think are capable of supporting intelligent life? 10 percent? 5? 1? Less than 1? Any thoughts at all on that? Have you heard of the Goldilocks zone? Do you know how small it is?

Bueller. Bueller? Bueller?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Everyone knows God created the universe, amigo. The question is whether intelligent life exists in other planets. Focus, amigo, focus. Don’t be in such a rush to post that you don’t think about what you’re saying.
You mean 'every theist knows,'....surely?!

Perhaps heed your own words, - 'Don’t be in such a rush to post that you don’t think about what you’re saying.'

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

You mean 'every theist knows,'....surely?!

Perhaps heed your own words, - 'Don’t be in such a rush to post that you don’t think about what you’re saying.'
Oh good grief, heartpence. Are you still sore about being called out on your poorly-worded post? Did you have one of dive’s PB&J sandwiches?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 18

Are you planning to answer how many planets you think are capable of supporting intelligent life? 10 percent? 5? 1? Less than 1? Any thoughts at all on that? Have you heard of the Goldilocks zone? Do you know how small it is?

Bueller. Bueller? Bueller?
Every single galaxy has intelligent life.
I dont think you even understand how huge a galaxy is.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Apr 18

Oh good grief, heartpence. Are you still sore about being called out on your poorly-worded post? Did you have one of dive’s PB&J sandwiches?
So, you stand by your own poorly worded post 'Everyone knows God created the universe?'

(Which apparently includes people who don't even believe God exists).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Every single galaxy has intelligent life.
I dont think you even understand how huge a galaxy is.
Well I bet that’s news to astronomers! What’s your evidence for that statement, besides probability?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

So, you stand by your own poorly worded post 'Everyone knows God created the universe?'

(Which apparently includes people who don't even believe God exists).
Deep down, I suspect you and other “atheists” know God exists. You just deny it - not unlike when tiger hides under his bedcovers and thinks I don’t see him. I play along and say, “Tiger where are you? I wonder where tiger is.”

And then his bedcovers start shaking from his giggling, and I say, “Why are tiger’s bedcovers shaking? There must be a strong breeze in here!”

Then he giggles even more and his bedcovers shake even more, and I say, “Why there must be a hurricane in tiger’s room! I guess I can’t get to the store to buy more PB!”

Then tiger throws off his bedcovers and cries, “Nooooooo!” and we laugh and laugh.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Apr 18
1 edit

Deep down, I suspect you and other “atheists” know God exists. You just deny it - not unlike when tiger hides under his bedcovers and thinks I don’t see him. I play along and say, “Tiger where are you? I wonder where tiger is.”

And then his bedcovers start shaking from his giggling, and I say, “Why are tiger’s bedcovers shaking? There must be a strong ...[text shortened]... more PB!”

Then tiger throws off his bedcovers and cries, “Nooooooo!” and we laugh and laugh.
Your logic sir is suboptimal. (As is your attempt at humour).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Apr 18

Well I bet that’s news to astronomers! What’s your evidence for that statement, besides probability?
How long do you think God has been around?
I would say millions of years .....
What do you think God is doing all this time?
Who created dinosaurs?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

How long do you think God has been around?
I would say millions of years .....
What do you think God is doing all this time?
Who created dinosaurs?
God’s been around forever. God is eternal. God created the dinosaurs and everything else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Apr 18

Your logic sir is suboptimal. (As is your attempt at humour).
You’re just jealous I don’t make you PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off the way I do for tiger.