The adversary is within

The adversary is within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
The moral compass each of us has is "a means to neasure".

If, in your subjective opinion, navigating your way through complex human environments is [somehow] "no different than saying Paul is taller than Bill"...

and if you insist some ancient scripture is telling you that this is true...

and if, in your subjective opinion, "everything is [somehow] subject to" the dicta ...[text shortened]... ut how religious dogma like 'You must not worship false Gods' is somehow rooted in "absolute truth".
We all have a compass, a means to measure, but we are at each other throats; we tear each other apart. Because it is subjective, our moral compass crashes with each other all of the time. Our true north is almost always pointing at us, we can change it now and then, but basically, our default is what about me. The fact that you seem to think this is normal and good while looking at the world suggests the way we behave is entirely okay with you, all of the things we do to one another.

Yes, I believe that love is the ultimate moral, loving God, and God's love is true, versus as was discussed earlier, people can claim they love, as they justify doing all manner of wrong to others in the name of love. The love that puts others first over oneself instead of wondering where the salt is as they devour their neighbor because they love the way they taste.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
Well if the "wrong" rises to some level of damage or harm or detriment that breaks the law, then society's legal system is the recourse and that will be the mechanism "to judge between two opposing views".

If it is ~ as you say, above ~ just your feelings of having been "wronged" or that you "think [you] have been slighted", or you "think something occurred that isn't fair", ...[text shortened]... mean people who "slighted" you will stand in judgement after they die before your God figure.
You go after people who you feel slighted you, do you not? Law is a means to control, many things in it have to do with fundamental fairness, but much is control.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
It seems you are discussing KellyJay instead of the principles involved in your OP.
Happens a lot.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
We all have a compass, a means to measure, but we are at each other throats; we tear each other apart. Because it is subjective, our moral compass crashes with each other all of the time. Our true north is almost always pointing at us, we can change it now and then, but basically, our default is what about me. The fact that you seem to think this is normal and good while loo ...[text shortened]... world suggests the way we behave is entirely okay with you, all of the things we do to one another.
Like I have said, repeatedly, if you would be a morally unsound person without your belief in a supernatural being, then I suppose the people around you should be thankful for whatever it is that causes you not to hurt them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22

@divegeester said
What you’re sort of describing is having one’s own moral compass which is exactly the point FMF is making, surely.
I don't think you understand either point its all just faith speech to you.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You go after people who you feel slighted you, do you not?
I debate and discuss things. I have disagreements with people. Is that what you mean by "slighted"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
We all have a compass, a means to measure, but we are at each other throats; we tear each other apart.
Why do you feel that you have to be at someone’s throat, to tear them apart?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I don't think you understand either point its all just faith speech to you.
I understand the point just fine.

If you want to dodge my post which is bang on the point, then fine.

Moves
19 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Why do you feel that you have to be at someone’s throat, to tear them apart?
Why do you seem to imply that tearing other people apart is acceptable behavior, you stupid feral borstal boy?

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, I believe that love is the ultimate moral, loving God, and God's love is true, versus as was discussed earlier, people can claim they love, as they justify doing all manner of wrong to others in the name of love. The love that puts others first over oneself instead of wondering where the salt is as they devour their neighbor because they love the way they taste.
Good for you. But labelling your subjective opinions - based on your belief in a supernatural being - "objective" doesn't alter the subjective nature of those opinions.

If you are not "wondering where the salt is as [you] devour the neighbour because [you] love the way they taste", merely because of your religion, all well and good - that's good news for your neighbour, isn't it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Like I have said, repeatedly, if you would be a morally unsound person without your belief in a supernatural being, then I suppose the people around you should be thankful for whatever it is that causes you not to hurt them.
Why is it wrong to hurt people if I felt my moral compass pointed that way? The world might be a better place if the people I hate were removed from the world, in my opinion. How is that better or worse than someone who cares for the needs of even those that they dislike? Better or worse, both require a means to measure, and if the means to measure is purely subjective, then you may as well say the only means of truth is strength because nature teaches only the strong survive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
you stupid feral borstal boy
You seem to be experiencing your daily phase of pre-bedtime ruffled feathers Kevin Eleven.

Moves
19 Feb 22

@divegeester said
You seem to be experiencing your daily phase of pre-bedtime ruffled feathers Kevin Eleven.
You seem to be more highly reactive and impulsive than me, and you have my sympathies.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Happens a lot.
You should take personal responsibility for the moral logic you espouse, just as I do.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Why is it wrong to hurt people if I felt my moral compass pointed that way?
It is an evaluation made by all the people around you using their moral compasses. If it's a serious degree of "hurt" then it may even be a matter for law enforcement and the courts. If the only thing stopping you from hurting people is your belief in Jesus, then that's fine.