The adversary is within

The adversary is within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@josephw said
Pardon me, but I don't really read a lot of the posts you reply to except to scan quickly.
Well, don't expect me to take you seriously then.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said
Can subjectivity involve what is absolutely true - whether the supernatural is or is not involved?
Why have you suddenly dropped the word morality and chamged the subject to just "the supernatural"?

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You are either going to accept everything as permissible or reject somethings.
Of course I "reject some things". You ought to read the content of my posts. The fact I reject some things does not create objective absolutes.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said
Can subjectivity involve what is absolutely true - whether the supernatural is or is not involved?
My answer is the same as it was a few hours ago: if we're talking about stuff like perspectives on morality and supernaturalism, I don't believe so, no.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
Well, don't expect me to take you seriously then.
But I read your posts.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
As I said to sonship, if we're talking about stuff like perspectives on morality and supernaturalism, I am not aware of any, no.
But that's not what I asked you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
In what context?
Pick one.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@josephw said
Pick one.
You pick one. The context I am talking about is clear.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@josephw said
But that's not what I asked you.
It is, nevertheless, the answer to the question that you typed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

Rather than the little minimalist, piecemeal, few, evasive words of FMF, anyone interested in more substantive debates on the morality, I recommend a few discussions: (on second rthought one of my favorites at the moment)

And they are IMO even handed with very good points raised on both sides.

Is God Necessary for Morality? William Lane Craig vs Shelly Kagan Debate

&t=66s&ab_channel=ReligionDebate

This one I have watched almost every two or three years.
Its one of my favorites.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
Rather than the little minimalist, piecemeal, few, evasive words of FMF, anyone interested in more substantive debates on the morality, I recommend a few discussions
I am not being "evasive" and you’re not being particularly "substantive"in reply to what I'm putting to you.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said
Is God Necessary for Morality?
The answer is clearly no.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said
Is God Necessary for Morality? William Lane Craig vs Shelly Kagan Debate

www.youtube.com
It's odd that watching the same video on morality over and over again hasn't enabled you to discuss morality on your own bat without you having to simply resort to posting a link to the video.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said
Rather than the little minimalist, piecemeal, few, evasive words of FMF, anyone interested in more substantive debates on the morality, I recommend a few discussions: (on second rthought one of my favorites at the moment)

[b]Is God Necessary for Morality? William Lane Craig vs Shelly Ka ...[text shortened]...

Its one of my favorites.
The question is a daft one. Of course God isn't necessary for morality. (As evidenced by the billions of nonbelievers in the world).

Moves
18 Feb 22

@sonship said

[b]Is God Necessary for Morality? William Lane Craig vs Shelly Ka ...[text shortened]...

Its one of my favorites.
Here’s your problem (and all the other hellers) as I see it:

Your logic:
1) The Bible is the inerrant word of god. It is complete, it is all literal and everything described is real.
2) God is the only source of morality and what he says goes not matter what it is.
3) therefore torturing people for eternity for being unbelievers is totally justified, completely moral and fully defensible.

This sums up the entire issue I have with the mainstream Christian interpretation of the Bible and the horror show contained in mostly Revelation.