1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 12:571 edit
    @mchill said
    2000+ years ago, and innocent man was beaten, whipped, nailed to a cross and died a very painful death. He died for you, so you may live in paradise for all eternity in the hereafter of your life. All he asks, is that you believe...

Something for nothing - A simple concept, but for some so difficult to accept. Why is this?
    It's not exactly "something for nothing".

I don't consider the reduction of a Christian's choice to follow Christ to "nothing" very accurate. Just "believing" is only the starting point. "Narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life". We can easily find the gate, yet navigating the way is more difficult and we're told that "few there be that find it." There is far more to it than "just believing". Look how many people in the world today say they follow Christ, yet their actions speak louder than words. Do you think they are all headed for paradise? Even Satan "believes" Jesus the Christ is the Son of God.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 15:332 edits
    @mchill said
    If that's your answer, I'll be happy to give it all the consideration it deserves. 🙂
    Mind control doesn't work on me (and your kind doesn't work on anyone with half a brain).
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 21:22
    @suzianne said
    There is far more to it than "just believing". Look how many people in the world today say they follow Christ, yet their actions speak louder than words. Do you think they are all headed for paradise?
    In a way, this message is diametrically opposite to what sonship "teaches".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree