1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 07:351 edit
    2000+ years ago, and innocent man was beaten, whipped, nailed to a cross and died a very painful death. He died for you, so you may live in paradise for all eternity in the hereafter of your life. All he asks, is that you believe...

Something for nothing - A simple concept, but for some so difficult to accept. Why is this?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 07:57
    And your chicks for free.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:20
    That all sounds utterly nonsensical to me. Such a simple concept, but so many struggle to understand, why is that?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:411 edit

Removed by poster

5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:433 edits

Removed by poster

6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:461 edit

Removed by poster

7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 10:59
    Many people think of salvation as just being taken to a happy place.

God's purpose is to transform sinners into sons of God. That is He saves in order to conform you to the image of the Son of God.

Its like God and fallen sinners are incompatible. And He doesn't change. So it we as fallen sinners are incompatible with God who longs for us to share with Him eternity, and He doesn't change, then He must save us to match Him.

Paul succinctly puts it this way -

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers."

Christ - the FIRSTborn.
    The Saved to be conformed to His image.

This is a part of God's purpose.
    It is not just to take you as you are to a happy place.
    It is that He is able to engineer all things in the universe to co-ordinate to cause His Spirit to come into you and conform you, transform you, change you into a duplication of the Son of God that He may have billions of brothers for a mass production of of God-men.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:171 edit
    @sonship removed their quoted post
    Oh I don't think there's anything simple about christianity - I guess you didn't quite understand my comment. Also, I doubt your credentials as a teacher.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:381 edit
    @avalanchethecat

Maybe I didn't understand your comment because I wasn't talking about christianity.

I speak about Christ much more than the anity.
    Christ is a living and available Person.

As for you doubting my credentials as "a teacher", that's fine.
    If you would like to help me in that regard, point out where something taught
    by me seems amiss to you. Praise God if I could learn from you.

I've been eagerly waiting to learn something nourishing to my faith by some better "teacher". That would be wonderful here.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:45
    @avalanchethecat said
    That all sounds utterly nonsensical to me. Such a simple concept, but so many struggle to understand, why is that?
    I guess I misunderstood this comment folks.
    Its entirely possible.

Anyway, I have always been impressed with Jesus saying that these things may be hidden from the wise and understanding and revealed to babes.

"At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes." (New King James, Matt. 11:25)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:531 edit
    Now the Gospel message is not any "something" but God Himself.
    God gives Himself to man in salvation.
    God gives Himself INTO man in salvation.

God comes in Christ.
    He comes to accomplish a redemptive death to bear a penalty which was too heavy for each of us to bear though we deserved that it fall upon our guilty selves.

But that is not all. He rose from the dead and transformed Himself a divine life dispensing Spirit to impart His eternal life into our created life.

This is "Christ in you the hope of glory". Glory here is God manifested.

That is Christ becoming in resurrection a divine and eternal life imparting Holy Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Christ, the resurrected man in Heaven at the highest peak of the universe (or where ever that realm is). And Christ also put Himself in a form in which He can come and blend, unite, mingle, and become one with us to be our new life.

" . . . became a life giving Spirit" Christ did.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 11:59
    @sonship said
    @avalanchethecat

Maybe I didn't understand your comment because I wasn't talking about christianity.

I speak about Christ much more than the anity.
    Christ is a living and available Person.

As for you doubting my credentials as "a teacher", that's fine.
    If you would like to help me in that regard, point out where something taught
    by me seems a ...[text shortened]... g to learn something nourishing to my faith by some better "teacher". That would be wonderful here.
    I suggested that you may not have understood my comment because I didn't complain about simplicity in regard to anything.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 12:02
    @mchill

2000+ years ago, and innocent man was beaten, whipped, nailed to a cross and died a very painful death. He died for you, so you may live in paradise for all eternity in the hereafter of your life. All he asks, is that you believe...

If Jesus were merely an "innocent man" that may have been astounding for there is none righteous, no not even one.

But Jesus was more than innocent, He was gloriously righteous.
    Jesus makes such an impact on history because He is right in a glorious and
    splendid way.

More than innocent He is God Himself become a man.
    Now the significance is God the Creator and ultimate Being of infinite righteousness coming as a man to suffer under the divine penalty of judgment of God on our behalf.

I think this become hugely more significant. God as a completely righteous man expressing the Divine and the Human united in one Person drinking the "cup" of God's wrath in our place that we might be bought out from under the curse of having broken the law of God.

The Triune God could go no further than reconcile the world to Himself by coming in a man crucified and forsaken by His Father on the cross FOR us that we might be justified. Our debt having been paid by Him if we believe.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 12:05
    @avalanchethecat said
    I suggested that you may not have understood my comment because I didn't complain about simplicity in regard to anything.
    I see a little bit perhaps better. Thankyou.

I need to slow down sometimes and double check who is saying what.

Let me ask you this.
    How can I grow deeper into Jesus Christ today ?
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 12:07
    @sonship said
    I see a little bit perhaps better. Thankyou.

I need to slow down sometimes and double check who is saying what.

Let me ask you this.
    How can I grow deeper into Jesus Christ today ?
    I can't help you with that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree