Something for nothing

Something for nothing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@avalanchethecat said
Condescension in argument is to be expected. Not a good teaching style, however.
So it is ok for you to be condescending, but not him. If you say so.

Moves
19 Jul 21

@eladar said
Oh now, don't hide your light under a bushel with prickly splinters. 😉

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Oh now, don't hide your light under a bushel with prickly splinters. 😉
Matthew 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces

---This is why I do not bother with people here. Anyone who claims to be a Christian should heed Jesus' words.

Moves
19 Jul 21
4 edits

@eladar said
I believe that ideally the Christian viewpoint would be unaware of or at least unaffected by any perceived condescension.

Once one has recognized one's Cosmic provenance and has relaxed into the Cosmic Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit, a lot of the little noises of Earth don't matter much anymore (well, this is my understanding so far).

Of course, after that condition has occurred, it's better not to display a superior attitude, but instead a kindly, understanding, accepting, and sympathetic one -- but the choice to be made is not between attitudes to be displayed, but to allow a transformation to occur so that the kinder attitude becomes second nature.

Hoping I'm on the right path here. Just riffing on some Christian themes while not quite self-identifying as Christian.

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@Kevin-Eleven

See my earlier post to see what Jesus thought.

Moves
19 Jul 21

@eladar said
@Kevin-Eleven

See my earlier post to see what Jesus thought.
OK, I'll have a look.

Moves
19 Jul 21

@eladar said
Matthew 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces

---This is why I do not bother with people here. Anyone who claims to be a Christian should heed Jesus' words.
Dear Eladar, I looked through all four pages and this seems to be the post you meant for me to look at.

I do understand what you mean, and I do understand what He meant by that.

Sincere seekers know that the Holy is not to be given or dispensed but is omnipresent, and if any lack of the Holy or distance between us and the Holy is perceived, that probably has to do with our lack of seeking or trying to commune with It, and perhaps because we maintain ego boundaries past the point where they are necessary or beneficial.

What do you think? Would you say that you have undergone a spiritual transformation as opposed to just learning some rules to follow?

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@kevin-eleven said
Dear Eladar, I looked through all four pages and this seems to be the post you meant for me to look at.

I do understand what you mean, and I do understand what He meant by that.

Sincere seekers know that the Holy is not to be given or dispensed but is omnipresent, and if any lack of the Holy or distance between us and the Holy is perceived, that probably has to do ...[text shortened]... that you have undergone a spiritual transformation as opposed to just learning some rules to follow?
I would say? Read Jesus' words From Matthew 7

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Jul 21
3 edits

@eladar said
I'm not sure if you actually miss the point I was making or if you're just trying to sound clever, so I'll just say ok and smile.
🙄

Moves
19 Jul 21
1 edit

@sonship said
Many people think of salvation as just being taken to a happy place.

God's purpose is to transform sinners into sons of God. That is He saves in order to conform you to the image of the Son of God.

Its like God and fallen sinners are incompatible. And He doesn't change. So it we as fallen sinners are incompatible with God who longs for us to share with Him eternit ...[text shortened]... ication of the Son of God that He may have billions of brothers for a mass production of of God-men.
Thank you for writing that. We do agree on some things.

I have observed that some "Christians" only seem to be in it for the selfish prize of eternal life*, while completely disregarding the very important aspect of transformation.

As for me, maybe I'm taking the long way home. 😉

-----
* or scoring points with Scripture grenades 😉

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@avalanchethecat said
I'm not sure if you actually miss the point I was making or if you're just trying to sound clever, so I'll just say ok and smile.
🙂
Just pointing out your hypocrisy and your self appointed special position. Your double standard speaks for itself.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
19 Jul 21

@eladar said
Just pointing out your hypocrisy and your self appointed special position. Your double standard speaks for itself.
Ah, so you have definitely missed the point I was trying to make AND you are trying to sound clever. In that case, I'll take back the smile.

Moves
19 Jul 21

@avalanchethecat said
Ah, so you have definitely missed the point I was trying to make AND you are trying to sound clever. In that case, I'll take back the smile.
I might still have some Feline Greenies that I bought for my poor dead kitty a couple years ago, in case you need a pick-me-up.

Moves
19 Jul 21

@eladar said
The light of the Sublime fills all of time and space, and does not jab or wrangle.

E

Moves
19 Jul 21

@Kevin-Eleven

Did you miss my reply to your question?