1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 09:19
    @fmf said
    Do you accept that there must be some limitations on the arms you are permitted to keep and bear?
    I accept there are no rights to own weapons of mass destruction; however, there
    are rights to own guns.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 09:27
    @kellyjay said
    are rights to own guns.
    Your constitution doesn't say "guns".
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 09:29
    @fmf said
    Your constitution doesn't say "guns".
    🙂 That the old that word is not in the Bible argument?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 09:41
    @kellyjay said
    🙂 That the old that word is not in the Bible argument?
    FMF is correct, the US constitution dose not mention “guns” is says the right to bear arms.

Yesterday you were about to remind me how many school shootings there have been which were carried out using “bows & arrows”.

How many innocent school children have been murdered by an arrow Kellyjay?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 09:59
    @kellyjay said
    That the old that word is not in the Bible argument?
    Nope. It's that old the word in the constitution is arms and not guns "argument".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 10:031 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Regulating my rights means altering them from what they are to something less,
    that is taking away rights by regulating them.
    Do you think toddlers have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think the mentally ill have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think murderers who've served their time have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think people with senile dementia have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think school children have the right "to keep and bear arms" and bring them onto school campuses?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 10:13
    @kellyjay said
    are rights to own guns.
    Do you have the right to keep and bear an Uzi submachine gun that can fire 600 bullets in 60 seconds or an FN P90 that can fire more than 1,000 bullets in 60 seconds? Do you have the right to use uranium tipped bullets and dumdum bullets? Do you have the right to keep and bear a bazooka and an RPG?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 23:29
    @divegeester said
    FMF is correct, the US constitution dose not mention “guns” is says the right to bear arms.

Yesterday you were about to remind me how many school shootings there have been which were carried out using “bows & arrows”.

How many innocent school children have been murdered by an arrow Kellyjay?
    I imagine quite a few looking into history. Many people are killed with rocks, knives,
    and on and on. The weapons of choice will be whatever is handy. Have you ever
    searched what weapon is used the most?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 23:31
    @fmf said
    Do you think toddlers have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think the mentally ill have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think murderers who've served their time have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think people with senile dementia have the right "to keep and bear arms"? Do you think school children have the right "to keep and bear arms" and bring them onto school campuses?
    Well, tell me, what does the law say?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 23:52
    @kellyjay said
    Well, tell me, what does the law say?
    I am asking you if you agree with such regulations and limitations. I am not asking you to ask me an evasive counter-question.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 01:46
    @fmf said
    I'd be interested in this question being discussed from a spiritual, religious, or philosophical point of view rather than how it would be tackled on the Debates Forum ... and it's too serious and gruesome for any other forum.

If the media showed the American people, in graphic detail, on TV, and with the permission of the parents involved, of course, the bodies of elementary ...[text shortened]... and did so every time this kind of thing happened, would it shift the gun safety/regulation debate?
    In the USA I think we only get to see such images if they are of dead children in other countries.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 02:45
    @fmf said
    I am asking you if you agree with such regulations and limitations. I am not asking you to ask me an evasive counter-question.
    What laws apply? If you take your kids out to shoot and learn the about gun safety it would be depend on those involved the comfort level of the parent and the level of maturity of the child.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 03:02
    @kellyjay said
    What laws apply?
    Counter-questions about the "law" are a disingenuous dodge, KellyJay.

I am asking you if you agree with the kind of regulations and limitations that I listed across two posts earlier on this page.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 03:05
    @kellyjay said
    If you take your kids out to shoot and learn the about gun safety it would be depend on those involved the comfort level of the parent and the level of maturity of the child.
    Do you think that your right to "keep and bear arms" along with your children's right to "keep and bear arms" should be limited in so far as there is mandatory gun safety training and adjudication of the child's "level of maturity"?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 03:20
    @fmf said
    Do you think that your right to "keep and bear arms" along with your children's right to "keep and bear arms" should be limited in so far as there is mandatory gun safety training and adjudication of the child's "level of maturity"?
    I think the right to bear arms is a birthright; if you want to put rules or tests in
    it you will remove the right and set it up as government-sanctioned activity and
    once that happens, it is no longer a birthright.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree