1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 11:07
    @josephw said
    If the media showed the American people how many times assaults and murders were thwarted by a legally armed American it would change the entire argument.
    Are these armed Americans you speak of teenagers with military style automatic assault weapons and hundreds and hundreds of bullets?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 11:10
    @josephw said
    The truth is out there, but the "media" isn't telling it.
    If the TV showed the American people uncensored footage of the bodies of elementary school children who'd been blown apart with military-style assault weapons, would it affect the gun safety/regulation debate?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 01:22
    @FMF

I think you must be very naive. Do you actually believe that disarming law abiding citizens will curb the carnage?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 01:30
    @josephw said
    I think you must be very naive. Do you actually believe that disarming law abiding citizens will curb the carnage?
    You are deflecting. I have not suggested that U.S. citizens be disarmed. And I am not disputing that your constitution gives you the right to "keep and bear arms". This is the question:

If the TV showed the American people uncensored footage of the bodies of elementary school children who'd been blown apart with military-style assault weapons, would it affect the gun safety/regulation debate?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 01:37
    @josephw said
    Do you actually believe that disarming law abiding citizens will curb the carnage?
    I don't believe the right to own firearms will ever be taken away in the U.S. That isn't the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is the debate about guns.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 01:59
    @fmf said
    Of course it would.

But the media is as biased as hell.

It would be politicized. They, the liberal left, want to abolish the second amendment, and that is, and would be, the only reason for showing the graphic "uncensored blown apart bodies" of children.

Why would you suggest such gore?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:03
    @josephw said
    I see no reason for society to be insulated from it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:03
    @josephw said
    Of course it would.
    I think so too.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:04
    @fmf said
    I don't believe the right to own firearms will ever be taken away in the U.S. That isn't the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is the debate about guns.
    Don't be so sure. And if "they" should try to take away the guns you'd see, if the media was allowed to show it, more bloodshed than anyone in their right mind would want to see.

A hundred million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunition will not be easy to take.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:05
    @josephw said
    They, the liberal left, want to abolish the second amendment, and that is, and would be, the only reason for showing the graphic "uncensored blown apart bodies" of children.

The liberal left want to abolish the second amendment

I have never seen it on any credible U.S. politician's manifetso.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:08
    @josephw said
    Of course it would.

But the media is as biased as hell.

It would be politicized. They, the liberal left, want to abolish the second amendment, and that is, and would be, the only reason for showing the graphic "uncensored blown apart bodies" of children.
    The media is as biased as hell

So, if they are biased, and if it would affect the debate, as you claim, then why aren't the media "showing the graphic uncensored blown apart bodies of children"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:09
    @josephw said
    Don't be so sure. And if "they" should try to take away the guns you'd see, if the media was allowed to show it, more bloodshed than anyone in their right mind would want to see.A hundred million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunition will not be easy to take.
    So then, we agree, right? I said: I don't believe the right to own firearms will ever be taken away in the U.S.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:21
    @FMF

Man, I'm not going down this political/social/culture path. Too many arguments and opinions.

I post in this forum exclusively because I'm interested in things relative to spirituality.

I should have stayed in the ataraxia thread. Now I'm all stressed out. 😁

Past my bedtime.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 02:34
    @josephw said
    Man, I'm not going down this political/social/culture path. Too many arguments and opinions.

I post in this forum exclusively because I'm interested in things relative to spirituality.

I should have stayed in the ataraxia thread. Now I'm all stressed out. 😁

Past my bedtime.
    Mmmm. You got yourself in a bit of a knot and so you flee.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree