Questions for Deification Deniers

Questions for Deification Deniers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But then there’s this from the Apostle Paul:

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be ra ...[text shortened]... t to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

(1 Corinthians 15:50-54)
We were talking about the physical body of Jesus.

The passage you quoted is not a proof text for saying that the body Jesus was buried in wasn't the same body he was resurrected in.

Indeed flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Life is in the blood. Jesus pored out his life.

Now he has a body, the same body, but Spirit driven instead of blood driven.

We will experience the same in resurrection.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@sonship said
Joseph, make sure you have Job 19:25,26 right.
I agreed totally with your thoughts on resurrection.
Yet He also rose with a glorified body.
Do you mean I should project into the narrative of scripture a preconceived point of view? That I should read into it more that it is saying?

Quote the verse that says that Jesus' resurrected body was a "glorified body".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 22

@josephw said
Do you mean I should project into the narrative of scripture a preconceived point of view? That I should read into it more that it is saying?

Sonship has been twisting the bible for decades and you are only now seeing it.?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
DEIFICATION—BECOMING GOD - By Witness Lee

'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'

As a 'son of God' sonship believes he will/is becoming God in life and nature. For all his wordy diatribes and scriptural references/twisting, that's what it boils down to.
"'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'"

I cannot fathom that stretch. How can anyone say that being a "partaker" and "be like him" means "becoming God"?

It is a blasphemy to say "God said" when He didn't say it at all. To mischaracterize the scriptures as saying what it's not saying is why so many cults exists today.

It's akin to adding to, and taking away from the Word of God.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Sonship has been twisting the bible for decades and you are only now seeing it.?
You're the worst.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
"'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'"

I cannot fathom that stretch. How can anyone say that being a "partaker" and "be like him" means "becoming God"?

It is a blasphemy to say "God said" when He didn't say it at all. To mischaracterize the ...[text shortened]... is why so many cults exists today.

But the man has been doing it for years and this has been pointed out many times by Ghost oa Duke. All the church Christian's here continue to ignore the blasphemous nonsense that he writes.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 22

@josephw said

It is a blasphemy to say "God said" when He didn't say it at all. To mischaracterize the ...[text shortened]... is why so many cults exists today.

I agree entirely.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
But the man has been doing it for years and this has been pointed out many times by Ghost oa Duke. All the church Christian's here continue to ignore the blasphemous nonsense that he writes.
In fairness, he usually hides it in the middle of long posts and sugar-coats it with genuine scripture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 22
9 edits

@josephw

I think we are told quite enough to safely refer to Christ's gorified body.
The phrase "the body of His glory" is in Philippians 3:21.

I enourage anyone to feel safe that they are not projecting anything into the Bible by use of the phrase "glorified body" - " . . . Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to THE BODY OF HIS GLORY.".

John laid his head in Jesus bosom at the last supper. But in His resurrection look how John was shocked at Christ's glorified appearance.

" . . . One like the Son of Man, . . . His head and hair were as white as white wool, as snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire; And His feet were like shining bronze, as having been fired in a furnace; and His voice was like the sound of many waters. . . . and His face shone as the sun shines in its power. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead, and He placed His right hand on me . . . etc. etc." (See Rev. 1:15-17)

I realize there is much symbolism here. But I also expect this a continuation of the PREVIEW of Himself with the "the body of His glory" that He showed Peter, James, and John on the Mount of Transfiguration. He gave them a foretaste of His splendour to accompany His resurrection and exaltation.

"And He was transfigured before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as the light." (Matt. 17:2)

Peter latter testifies to this experience - "For we did not follw cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we became eyewitnesses of that One's majesty." ( 2 Peter 1:16)

So I do not think anything is being artifcially projected into the narrative as a preconceived view by refering to "Christ's glorified body."

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
The difference between you and sonship is that you do it deliberately.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 22

@josephw said
The difference between you and sonship is that you do it deliberately.
I think sonship knows full well that the deification message from his church is at odds with mainstream Christianity.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@sonship said
@josephw

I think we are told quite enough to safely refer to Christ's gorified body.
The phrase "the body of His glory" ...[text shortened]... tifcially projecting into the narrative a preconceived view by refering to Christ's glorified body.
Philippians 3:21
Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

You're dragging a verse out of its context and ascribing a meaning to it not supported by its context.

For our vile bodies to be "fashioned like", don't overlook the word "like", his glorious body does in no way suggest that man is "becoming God".

It's an obtuse interpretation. One that suggests you are projecting a preconceived notion onto the narrative.

God will always be God, and man will forever be man.

God is infinite. Man will forever be finite.

If I were you I'd be worried if I'd fallen into some erroneous doctrine.

Just trying to be honest. It's not your person, but your words I'm speaking against.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jan 22

Joseph, please explain how referring to Christ's "glorified body" is twisting the teaching of the Bible, when the Bible refers to "the body of His glory" (Phil. 3:21)

Thankyou.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
16 Jan 22

@sonship said
Joseph, please explain how referring to Christ's "glorified body" is twisting the teaching of the Bible, when the Bible refers to "the body of His glory" (Phil. 3:21)

Thankyou.
'Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.'

KJV

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I think sonship knows full well that the deification message from his church is at odds with mainstream Christianity.
Perhaps. But more accurately I think he thinks that the truth he espouses relative to the "deification of man" is "spiritual truth" that "they" have discovered is higher knowledge.

It's not a new idea. The gnostics were doing the same thing in the first century.

God has done something for man that man can't do for himself. God has lifted man out of darkness and into the light. We are being "conformed to the image of Christ". We are not "becoming God".

Once one fixes the idea in their head that the scriptures teach that man is being "deified" they will find that idea in every verse that has words in it that supports that idea.

Like "confirmation bias"? Maybe.