1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:191 edit
    These friendly and non-hostile questions are for any believers in Jesus who think I may have blasphemed God by speaking of deification of the saved.

I love you in the Lord. But let me now check with your suspicion that I have blasphemed.

First question:

Was Jesus the first human being to be raised from the dead ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:231 edit
    Play an angel's advocate fellow Christrian. If you're still thinking on these matters with no solid position yet, that's ok.

#1, Was Jesus Christ the first human being in the Bible to be raised from the dead?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:284 edits
    C'mon. Ghost of a Duke said in essence "Christians, check sonship!" Okay. Now let me check with You , O examining fellow believer.

Was Jesus the FIRST man in the Bible to be raised from the dead ?

PB1022? Joseph(?) ?
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:33
    @sonship said
    C'mon. Ghost of a Duke said in essence "Christians, check sonship!" Okay. Now let me check with You , O examining fellow believer.

Was Jesus the FIRST man in the Bible to be raised from the dead ?

PB1022? Joseph(?) ?
    To appear less contrived I suggest leaving longer gaps between posts.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:402 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Not concerned with appearance. Go get the ones you think you persuaded that I blasphemed. And then step out of the way, because all you'll do is eventuallly slip away with an excuse that you're an atheist and have no dog in the fight anyway.

You did your part. Now step aside and let me check with those who were impressed with your criticisms when you had your "Defend Christian Tradition" hat on. Let it appear contrived.

Let me check substance.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:40
    @sonship said
    These friendly and non-hostile questions are for any believers in Jesus who think I may have blasphemed God by speaking of deification of the saved.

I love you in the Lord. But let me now check with your suspicion that I have blasphemed.

First question:

Was Jesus the first human being to be raised from the dead ?
    No, Jesus Christ Himself raised three people from the dead, and people were raised from the dead in the Old Testament too.

But Jesus was the first to be Resurrected from the dead (given a new body.)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:44
    @PB1022

No, Jesus Christ Himself raised three people from the dead, and people were raised from the dead in the Old Testament too.

Thankyou PB1022.

You say Jesus was the first to be raised with a new body? Okay.
    This new body that Jesus was raised with, will He ever put it away again ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:46
    @sonship said
    @PB1022

Thankyou PB1022.

You say Jesus was the first to be raised with a new body? Okay.
    This new body that Jesus was raised with, will He ever put it away again ?
    I don’t believe so, but am not aware off the top of my head what the Scriptual support for that position is
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 21:52
    @pb1022 said
    I don’t believe so, but am not aware off the top of my head what the Scriptual support for that position is
    He's taking you towards deification as though painting by numbers.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 22:002 edits
    @PB1022

Thanks again.

Is Jesus now a MAN ?
    Will He ever put away the humanity that He brought up from the dead with a new
    glorified body?

Daniel 7:14 tells me that the dominion of the "One like a Son of Man" is an "eternal dominion" .

Do you suspect Jesus will be this glorified Man with a new body temporarily of eternally ? What is your hunch?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 22:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He's taking you towards deification as though painting by numbers.
    Let’s see where it goes
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 22:14
    @sonship said
    @PB1022

Thanks again.

Is Jesus now a MAN ?
    glorified body?

Daniel 7:14 tells me that the dominion of the [b]"One like a Son of Man ...[text shortened]... pect Jesus will be this glorified Man with a new body temporarily of eternally ? What is your hunch?
    <<Thanks again.

Is Jesus now a MAN ?
    glorified body?>>

That’s a good question. If you’re asking, and I think you are, whether Jesus Christ now is the same as He was during His earthly ministry - fully human and fully God - I say, No, based on Hebrews saying He, during his earthly ministry, had been made “a little lower than the angels” to “taste death for every man” but, after His Resurrection, He is described as being “so much better than the angels” and God the Father calls Him “God.”

<<Daniel 7:14 tells me that the dominion of the "One like a Son of Man" is an "eternal dominion" .

Do you suspect Jesus will be this glorified Man with a new body temporarily of eternally ? What is your hunch?>>

I don’t accept your premise - that Jesus is a glorified Man for the reasons stated above, though I may have others after I think about it a while.

If Jesus was “fully God and fully man” during His earthly ministry, as I think many Christians, including myself believe, do you think He maintains that status of fully God and fully man right now?

Did His death and Resurrection not change that status?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 22:395 edits
    @PB1022

I don’t accept your premise - that Jesus is a glorified Man for the reasons stated above, though I may have others after I think about it a while.

Yes. Do muse on this for awhile.

And as you do include in your consideration -

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Is it right for me to think that Jesus yesterday was a man raised with a glorified body, today He is a man with a glorified body, and FOREVER He will be so ?

If Jesus was “fully God and fully man” during His earthly ministry, as I think many Christians, including myself believe, do you think He maintains that status of fully God and fully man right now?

Let's check. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and yes, even forever ." (Heb. 13:8)

I believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man "FOREVER".

Any blasphemy so far? We're not Moslems. We're Christians.

Did His death and Resurrection not change that status?

I'll speak to this after you muse a bit on what I have replied so far.
    Now, I believe that in "yesterday and today, yes, even forever" , it starts when Jesus was raised a glorified man - "the Firstborn from the dead".

He incarnated into humanity and became a man.
    He returned to the eternal throne forever wearing the uplifted, glorified, resurrected, transfigured humanity LIFTING UP humanity.

Any blasphemy so far brother ?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 22:52
    @sonship said
    @PB1022

Yes. Do muse on this for awhile.

And as you do include in your consideration -

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes, even forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Is it righ ...[text shortened]... rified, resurrected, transfigured humanity LIFTING UP humanity.

Any blasphemy so far brother ?
    It’s not up to me to say whether you’re blaspheming. That’s between you and God.

But you didn’t address the Scriptures from Hebrews I cited, about Jesus Christ, during His earthly ministry, being “a little lower than the angels” and after His crucifixion and Resurrection being “so much better than the angels” and God the Father calling Jesus “God.”

As for your citation of Hebrews 13:8, I’ve never taken that to refer to Jesus’ status but to His intangible qualities of justice, mercy, faithfulness, etc.
  15. Standard memberFilthyHerman
    Lover of Great Apes
    Brasov Zoo
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 23:21
    @sonship

I could be wrong but didn’t he raise Lazarus up first ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree