1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 09:594 edits
    <<The answer to that question is I believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man for
    eternity, forever, from now on, in perpetuity.>>

I disagree with you. Jesus Christ is no longer in human flesh. He is in a Resurrected immortal body, as I believe Christians will have based on what the Apostle Paul has written. But I do not believe our “status” in our Resurrected immortal bodies will be the same as Jesus’ status. How could it be, when Philippians 2:10 says, “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”

Are you saying that because the man Jesus is with a glorified body He is no longer a man?

My faith is that He is a man after resurrection, in exaltation, in enthronement for eternity. - That is with a glorified body and all.

He is still a man - God-man.
    If He is not a man (even though He has a transfigured body) then it would not be true that today "There is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the MAN . . . Christ Jesus" (1 Tim. 2:5)

If He is now a man as the Mediator between God and men at what point did He stop being "the man Christ Jesus?".

Are you saying that when His resurrected with a glorified body no longer was He "the man Christ Jesus?"

I believe the man with the glorified body the physics of which I know nothing about, is a man.

The dominion of the Son of Man is not a temporary dominion but an eternal one.
    He returns on the clouds of heaven (something else most men cannot do) YET still as the Son of Man.

" . . . I charge You to swear by the living God to tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus said to him, You have said rightly. Nevertheless I say to you, From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matt. 26:63b-64)

Fully God and fully man for eternity - my Lord Jesus Christ.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 10:27
    @pb1022 said
    I don’t know that Lazarus was the first to be raised from the dead.
    He wasn’t; Elijah brought a dead boy back to life in the Old Testament.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 12:43
    @divegeester said
    He wasn’t; Elijah brought a dead boy back to life in the Old Testament.
    I’m aware of that and mentioned that earlier in this thread. I was referring to the three people Jesus Christ raised from the dead during His earthly ministry.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 12:50
    @divegeester

Here’s the entire post of mine which you dishonestly and trollishly took a snippet from and then made a point I had already made (in the same post!) as though I wasn’t aware of it:

<<I don’t know that Lazarus was the first to be raised from the dead. I honestly don’t know the chronological order among Lazarus, Jairus’ 12-year-old daughter and the widow of Nain’s son.

But people were raised from the dead in the Old Testament too (by God, of course, working through prophets. I believe one was raised by Elijah the prophet who had lived with (or been fed by, I can’t remember which) a widow, and the one he raised was the widow’s son.

But Jesus Christ was the first to have a different body when He was Resurrected, though it still bore the crucifixion wounds on His hands and the wound on His side.

Thinking logically, He would have to have a different body since He was scourged to within an inch of His life before He was crucified.>>

You really have nothing better to do than to troll people?

Is that God’s Holy Spirit at work within you?

Yesterday, you quoted the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians. Did you exhibit *any* of those in your life?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:04
    @pb1022 said
    @divegeester

You really have nothing better to do than to troll people?

Is that God’s Holy Spirit at work within you?

Yesterday, you quoted the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians. Did you exhibit *any* of those in your life?
    Did/do you?

You sanctimonious and hypocritical twerp.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Did/do you?

You sanctimonious and hypocritical twerp.
    Buzz off, Ghost
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 13:58
    @pb1022 said
    It was not the same body. It had no blood. It had no wounds beyond the crucifixion wounds on His hands and the wound on His side.

If it were still a human body, it would be subject to infection, decay, etc., not to mention the wounds from the scourging and crown of thorns.

It was an immortal body, not a mortal body, which is what human beings have.

You think Jesus Christ is in Heaven right now with a 2,000-year-old human body?
    The body of Jesus that died on the cross was buried and rose from the grave.

It was flesh and bone. The same flesh and bone he was born with. The same body he lived in for 33 years.

That is what resurrection is.

If it weren't the same body it wouldn't be resurrection.

I can't see how it can be any other way.

Job 19:25,26
    For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
    And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Seems Job believed it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:0410 edits
    @PB1022
    Not sure what you mean about “still being friendly.” If you can’t disagree on beliefs or doctrine without being unfriendly, then I think you are insecure in your position or possibly have a problem not related to doctrine.

I have lots a problems not related to doctrines.
    That was just a friendly note which may have backfired.

Above this you said it was logical for Jesus to have a glorified body because of the need to, let's say, rectify or repair the damage done by His whipings, torture, and crucifixion.

I believe He has a glorified body for more than this as a reason.
    I believe He has a glorified total humanity because God's eternal purpose calls for
    Himself to be expressed gloriously in the splendor of exalting humanity to have
    the glory of God.

Jesus prayed "Father, concerning that which You have given Me, I desire that they also may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:24)

That divine and glorious expression of the Son as the Third Person of the Trinity then had nothing of the human nature. He had no human body. But He only had the divine nature.

Then in incarnation "the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us".
    They beheld the moral glory of God being expressed in a man.
    But He had emptied Himself of a certain expression in order to appear in fashion as
    a man.

"Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider being equal with God a treasure to be grasped. But emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, becomming in the likeness of men; And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and that the death of a cross." (Phil 2:6-8)

The uncreated Son of God clothed Himself in God's creation.

In resurrection that part of which He had not in eternity yet clothed Himself in, He uplfted, sanctified, glorified, exalted, transfigured and carries back to the eternal throne with the highest name in the universe - Jesus the name He was given at birth.

"Therefore also God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, And every tongue should openly confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father." (vs. 10,11)

In uplifting the human nature and body in this way He prepared such for His redeemed, transformed, sanctified, comnformed, transfigured, resurrected people that they may be with Him where He is. Be with Him where He is beholding His glory now as an exalted human God-man.

He prepares this mingling of the glory of God with humanity and the human body for us also -

"For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able even to subject all things to Himself." (Phil. 3: 20,21)

However for sure He is ever ABOVE His "partners" as thier Leader and Savior Lord.

"You [Son, and God] haved loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of exultant joy above Your partners." (Heb. 1:9)

Did you ever notice that this exaltant One has PARTNERS?
    He is anointed ABOVE all of His partners.
    But they are exalted with Him as "partakers of a heavenly calling".

"Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Jesus." (Heb. 3:1)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:04
    @josephw said
    The body of Jesus that died on the cross was buried and rose from the grave.

It was flesh and bone. The same flesh and bone he was born with. The same body he lived in for 33 years.

That is what resurrection is.

If it weren't the same body it wouldn't be resurrection.

I can't see how it can be any other way.

Job 19:25,26
    For I know that my redeemer liveth, an ...[text shortened]... gh after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Seems Job believed it.
    But then there’s this from the Apostle Paul:

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

(1 Corinthians 15:50-54)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:053 edits
    We are now out of sync a little bit in sequencing.

I think 1 John 3:2 means we will have knowledge of Him and knowledge He possesses - not that our status or station will be the same as His.

The body of our humliation is to be conformed to the body of His glory.
    He has "partners" over which He is ABOVE as the anointed.

Look at this verse:

“Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.”

(1 John 4:17)

This cooperation with His sanctifying us has its reward during the millennial kingdom. I am only pointing out where we all eventually must arrive. God has time.

Do you think this verse is saying we are equal to Jesus, right now in this world, in terms of status and position?

Both here and in the millennium and in the eternal age of the new heaven and new earth He is above His partners in every way. But as He is so are we in this world I take to mean - unglorified, in the church age, to the degree of light upon our consience we should be in this world as He is.

I think this should be thought as the same as Paul saying he lived with a consceince without offense before God and man.

Acts 24:16 - "Because of this I also exercise myself to always have a conscience without offense toward God and men."

As the light ever encreases in his heart Paul went along with the Holy Spirit within to keep a clean slate, living in the world as Christ is. And he was a model to all who would be fullgrown and mature in this regard.

In short, exaltation of the saved in no way detracts or robs Christ of His eternal supremacy, preeminence, and exaltation "ABOVE Your partners" .
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:321 edit
    Joseph, make sure you have Job 19:25,26 right.
    I agreed totally with your thoughts on resurrection.
    Yet He also rose with a glorified body.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:35
    @sonship

Questions for Deification Deniers

To your way of thinking, is belief in the deification of believers necessary for "salvation"?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 14:37
    @FMF
    No.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 15:02
    @sonship

How is the thread going, in regards to convincing genuine Christians you are going to be deified?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 15:13
    DEIFICATION—BECOMING GOD - By Witness Lee

'We are told in the New Testament that we are “partakers of the divine nature” and that “we will be like Him.” This means that we are becoming God in life and nature.'

As a 'son of God' sonship believes he will/is becoming God in life and nature. For all his wordy diatribes and scriptural references/twisting, that's what it boils down to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree