Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jun 17

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
no but your religion does on a frequent basis. pull the log out believer.
I'm an atheist sir, gloriously free of religion.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I'm an atheist sir, gloriously free of religion.
read the thread title believer.

Want another chance to explain how your gods, antipsychotic medications, cure people or you gonna keep living by faith and magic? Faith and magic that accounts for 1/4 of total suicides in my country murderer.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

I don't care what you believe it's your (own) life so do what you want with it. But when your religion is accounting for more then double car crash deaths you better start giving answers. When your religion is being forced into others life who do not want a part in your beliefs* that is when I have a problem.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

Srry fatal car crashes and those in the care of the mental health system who commit suicide are about the same in New Zealand.

WHY!?

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17

Just saying maybe your pill gods make their lives hell and do not cure them of anything.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17

The results of you living by your delusion is the murders of others. For a Christian they become honorable people in society and do a lot of good for others who struggle in life if they haven't been killed by you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Jun 17

Yeah, thanks for nothing Catholicism!!!
He does sound like a recovering catholic

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Jun 17

Srry fatal car crashes and those in the care of the mental health system who commit suicide are about the same in New Zealand.

WHY!?
more suicide by that standard apparently over here (Australia)

You've made your point . do you think you could show us the way forward (in any little manner) , rather than your continual one track trashing of a whole field of medicine?
I mean what now? Are you spiritual in any way?

Grass Farmer

Moves
03 Jun 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
more suicide by that standard apparently over here (Australia)

You've made your point . do you think you could show us the way forward (in any little manner) , rather than your continual one track trashing of a whole field of medicine?
I mean what now? Are you spiritual in any way?
People think the way forward is investing more money into the mental health system which fails. Due to Mike King the suicides of mental health patients are getting a lot of views over here although not much criticism of the medications, more the system's failures. It just creates more funding for what has been proven a failure which I believe is the reason total* suicides in the very recent past have topped 500 deaths per year for the first time ever. Like money is the key out of their failures. People have this belief and faith in these medications but if you ever meet many of the people on antipsychotic medications they have become useless and their lives are not worth living especially when you get treated like a criminal in the system as continues to be proven the case.

Gettin a bit muddled up on my stats there. 300 fatalities last year in car crashes 160 mental health patients by suicide.

And no I'm not religious although I was sent to a church school for a number of years... not by choice like the mental health act. Both believe in ideology which isn't built on fact.

Grass Farmer

Moves
03 Jun 17
1 edit

Basically antipsychotics medications are sleeping pills that sedate you out of life and then they go you are doing so well. But the truth is not the case they are doing well just cause they gave up on the problems they had been dealing with. There is a difference between doing well and not giving a toss. Not only do the drugs make life unlivable and unrewarding(dopamine) they also line you up for depression when the vital serotonin supplies that fight depression are stopped.

They fail so they do it more out of guilt at their failures and kill more. Round and circles. Die die die. Big Pharma $$$.

Grass Farmer

Moves
03 Jun 17
1 edit

Being under the mental health act is like becoming a slave in depressive job/life with no pay.

You can get more healing from level 30 Shaman on Everquest then a real psychiatrist's Big Pharma drugs.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Jun 17

Basically antipsychotics medications are sleeping pills that sedate you out of life and then they go you are doing so well. But the truth is not the case they are doing well just cause they gave up on the problems they had been dealing with. There is a difference between doing well and not giving a toss. Not only do the drugs make life unlivable an ...[text shortened]... re out of guilt at their failures and kill more. Round and circles. Die die die. Big Pharma $$$.
On a daily basis I see the positive benefits of anti-psychotic medication. They didn't work for you, fair enough, but for many people they are life transforming. (And yes, for some, life saving).

I don't believe in God due to the lack of credible evidence. I don't have the same problem with psychiatry. - I urge anybody struggling with their mental health to take Executioner Brand's condemnation with a pinch of salt. Have a problem with your teeth, go see a dentist. Have issues with your mental health, go see a psychiatrist. In either case, there is effective and well researched treatment available, not all of it medication based.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
03 Jun 17

read the thread title believer....
That got dashed on the get go.

Grass Farmer

Moves
03 Jun 17
2 edits

On a daily basis I see the positive benefits of anti-psychotic medication. They didn't work for you, fair enough, but for many people they are life transforming. (And yes, for some, life saving).

I don't believe in God due to the lack of credible evidence. I don't have the same problem with psychiatry. - I urge anybody struggling with their mental ...[text shortened]... ase, there is effective and well researched treatment available, not all of it medication based.
what about a long term basis? you yourself noted the benefits on electrocution but what happens to those people due to #TBI. You also create problems you ignore.

i once had a past patient from Lake Alice having a fit outside my front gate. you could find positive benefits electrocuting her but it wouldn't've been good for her future only for the psychiatrist who got to make them electrocute each other's genital.

Grass Farmer

Moves
03 Jun 17

it's kidnapping