Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
That's not what I meant. I simply chose to edit my own post. It's a discussion I'd rather not get drawn into.
2 percent of some anti-psychotic medications give men fake breasts. Do those ones you turn into trans-sexuals ever top themselves off? What about those you cause to involuntarily shake for the rest of their lives? You sure your church doesn't murder these people? A new stat just released about treated mental health patients in my country is 140+ of the 500 that commit suicide each year are Mental Health patients in the care of fake doctors like you.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
You seem to know an awful lot about those medications their effects, and what is going on in the brains of patients. Yet your argument at the beginning of the thread seemed to be that psychiatrists had no clue about the effects or what is wrong with the patient. You are contradicting yourself.
They spread a belief of well-being when in fact like electrocution, which is still practiced in my country, it is an execution of the functioning of the brain. They may as well be dead cause it's the same thing. You'd think a pysch would be shaking at the bit to explain the beliefs of well-being of his god but that isn't the case here or anywhere cause the truth is their gods don't help people unless you consider death a better place to be, which may make you feel better about the people you like to abuse.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PguBX1E3_vc/U0SSRHfwSUI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/dOp887KuLUE/s1600/D2+receptors.jpg

sometimes simplicity is a lot and more truthful then the paths murderers would like you to believe.

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 May 17

one more month and I'm off them. what do you think is going to happen when the flood of dopamine happens? I get done for relapse like over half in my situation and continue the funding of big pharma crims and their supporters like you who act out of faith without an once of evidence for their fake beliefs.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 May 17

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
2 percent of some anti-psychotic medications give men fake breasts. Do those ones you turn into trans-sexuals ever top themselves off? What about those you cause to involuntarily shake for the rest of their lives? You sure your church doesn't murder these people? A new stat just released about treated mental health patients in my country is 140+ o ...[text shortened]... 0 that commit suicide each year are Mental Health patients in the care of fake doctors like you.
Oh man you cant just brand them all "fake doctors" . Some are doing some good and you prolly know it... or you should know it.
You should also know that these kind of black and white arguments that you throw up here are sure to fail in their intended purpose.
Ok fine make a point, but if you continue in a vein of " all of this part of the world is crap 'cause I said so" type arguments you wont get very far.
Insulting people is not the way to go

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 May 17

They spread a belief of well-being when in fact like electrocution, which is still practiced in my country, it is an execution of the functioning of the brain. They may as well be dead cause it's the same thing. You'd think a pysch would be shaking at the bit to explain the beliefs of well-being of his god but that isn't the case here or anywhere c ...[text shortened]... r death a better place to be, which may make you feel better about the people you like to abuse.
I would also like to point out that mental health is in it's infancy compared with other medical fields. Mental health has a long way to go and mistakes have been made for sure, but how else are we going to learn huh?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 May 17

one more month and I'm off them. what do you think is going to happen when the flood of dopamine happens? I get done for relapse like over half in my situation and continue the funding of big pharma crims and their supporters like you who act out of faith without an once of evidence for their fake beliefs.
Will you continue to get other support, or do you now receive any other support like counselling?
Not everyone with mental problems takes the meds, or is indeed prescribed meds.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Will you continue to get other support, or do you now receive any other support like counselling?
Not everyone with mental problems takes the meds, or is indeed prescribed meds.
No, I won't be getting any support. That is for people who take meds, only.

No god/s no home.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I would also like to point out that mental health is in it's infancy compared with other medical fields. Mental health has a long way to go and mistakes have been made for sure, but how else are we going to learn huh?
In my country people are forced to have their brains electrocuted. What are you learning from that or forcing people on medications that limit their ability to feel and live a life. And why were 1/4 of all people who killed themselves in my country in the care of mental health and medicated. It sounds like a false belief meds actually help people when so many of them were found dead but finally cured.

Until they can conduct a viable test like measuring dopamine/serotonin levels and treat with accuracy, it's just some big pharma cck sucker's guess. Unless of course the meds actually do something else viable but I doubt it or we would've heard by now.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 May 17

Until they can conduct a viable test like measuring dopamine/serotonin levels and treat with accuracy, it's just some big pharma cck sucker's guess. Unless of course the meds actually do something else viable but I doubt it or we would've heard by now.
I'd like our society to treat pharma the way we should treat our infrastructure.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
I'd like our society to treat pharma the way we should treat our infrastructure.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say but I'd like to see psychiatrists be forced to use the drugs they force on others and electrocution too. But this wouldn't happen because they know all too well the dangers involved in what they coerce/force on others with little understanding.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 May 17

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/04/18/national/21-users-of-schizophrenia-drug-dead/

Moves
05 May 17

I don't really understand what you're trying to say but I'd like to see psychiatrists be forced to use the drugs they force on others and electrocution too. But this wouldn't happen because they know all too well the dangers involved in what they coerce/force on others with little understanding.
Giving medication to someone who hasn't been diagnosed with a mental health disorder would indeed be reckless.

Psychiatrists do a great job and will always explore non-medication routes first, as it is in everyone's interest for a patient to manage their mental health condition without medication where possible. Bottom line, Psychiatrists have a great deal of understanding and training in this area. As you are on the receiving end it is understandable you would seek to discredit this understanding. (Though a little self defeating).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 May 17
1 edit

No, I won't be getting any support. That is for people who take meds, only.

No god/s no home.
Counselling is not for those that take meds only.
I had counselling for several years without meds.

As for god, I can go either way. Except the Christian version of course 🙂

edit: I had been on 4 different types of meds for my "schizophrenia" which turned out to be Anxiety disorder. No of them helped. I was counselled for 4 years after that and now I don't need to see quacks anymore. They said I could look after myself and leave any extra meds for my gp to write up. It's been nearly 4 years since I've seen a quack professionally

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 May 17

In my country people are forced to have their brains electrocuted. What are you learning from that or forcing people on medications that limit their ability to feel and live a life. And why were 1/4 of all people who killed themselves in my country in the care of mental health and medicated. It sounds like a false belief meds actually help people w ...[text shortened]... of course the meds actually do something else viable but I doubt it or we would've heard by now.
It would help if you told what country you are referring to,also I agree about many of your points on big pharma in a general way.
But your negative disposition leads to well... negativity for most of us. Perhaps you are different.