Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
From the BBC link provided above:

'Sixty-four-year-old John Wattie says his breakdown in the late 1990s was triggered by the collapse of his marriage and stress at work."We had a nice house and a nice lifestyle, but it was all just crumbling away. My depression was starting to overwhelm me. I lost control, I became violent," he explains.John liken ...[text shortened]... ve," says Professor Ian Reid at the University of Aberdeen, who heads up the team treating John.
https://www.change.org/p/[WORD TOO LONG]

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17

no concern that it causes traumatic brain injuries?

Moves
08 May 17

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
no concern that it causes traumatic brain injuries?
The chap referenced made no mention of it causing him traumatic brain injury. He did say however, 'After ECT I felt like there was a way out of it. I felt dramatically better."

Are you not open to the idea that some people may benefit from such voluntary treatment?

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17

The chap referenced made no mention of it causing him traumatic brain injury. He did say however, 'After ECT I felt like there was a way out of it. I felt dramatically better."

Are you not open to the idea that some people may benefit from such voluntary treatment?
https://www.ect.org/effects/headinjury.html

Reports of catastrophic memory loss date to the very beginning of ECT. The definitive study of ECT's memory effects remains that of Irving Janis (1950). Janis conducted detailed and exhaustive autobiographical interviews with 19 patients before ECT and then attempted to elicit the same information four weeks afterwards. Controls who did not have ECT were given the same interviews. He found that "Every one of the 19 patients in the study showed at least several life instances of amnesia and in many cases there were from ten to twenty life experiences which the patient could not recall." Controls' memories were normal. And when he followed up half of the 19 patients one year after ECT, there had been no return of memory (Janis, 1975).

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17

TBI can lead to known mental illness like schizophrenia.

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17
2 edits

to be a master of ignorance. do you get the same breakthroughs when you hit someone on the head with a hammer or other forms of violence that would harm a person's brain?

Moves
08 May 17

to be a master of ignorance. do you get the same breakthroughs when you hit someone on the head with a hammer or other forms of violence that would harm a person's brain?
Your post was better before the edit.

Less is more.

Grass Farmer

Moves
08 May 17

Your post was better before the edit.

Less is more.
until they suck it?

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17

yah, had my last resperidone injection after about 6 years of side effects which go totally ignored and live with their false belief it cures mental illness and not sedate users out of life and our natural drugs. been given a script for Aripiprazole but up to me if I take it. Think I'm gonna worship yer god. I think not. if all has gone well by my next appointment I go off the mental health act.

THANKS FOR RUINING/WASTING YEARS OF MY LIFE WITH YOUR FALSE RELIGION.

Moves
02 Jun 17

THANKS FOR RUINING/WASTING YEARS OF MY LIFE WITH YOUR FALSE RELIGION.
Yeah, thanks for nothing Catholicism!!!

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17

Yeah, thanks for nothing Catholicism!!!
Catholics don't force people to become drug users.

Moves
02 Jun 17

Catholics don't force people to become drug users.
Isn't wine compulsory at communion?

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

Isn't wine compulsory at communion?
Do they ring the police on you if you don't take a small portion which has been found to be good for you in moderation. You sound like isis criticizing smokers.

Moves
02 Jun 17

Do they ring the police on you if you don't take a small portion which has been found to be good for you in moderation. You sound like isis criticizing smokers.
They might...

Grass Farmer

Moves
02 Jun 17
1 edit

They might...
no but your religion does on a frequent basis. pull the log out believer.