Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Psychiatry is a form of religion.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Apr 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I would like to psycho analyse your personality based on your choice of emoticon.
my pre or post medication icon -

this is me pre medication - 🙂
this is me post medication - 😵

I would love to be psychoanalysed by a certified quack.

Moves
14 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

lol

Just send me the cheque Napoleon, just send me the cheque.

Grass Farmer

Moves
14 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods
what does this English say in my first post that wasn't a cut 'n' paste?

Grass Farmer

Moves
14 Apr 17

Firstly sir, I did not make stuff up. I thought you said psychiatrists believed themselves to be Gods. You clarified that it was medication they viewed as God, and worthy of worship. - Understood, though obviously not agreed with.

Secondly, I edited my post as I decided it was not a discussion 'I' wanted to have in a public forum. This has no bear ...[text shortened]... n. You will just have to have it with someone else.

I wish you well with your mental health.
You don't have to explain how the medications work scientifically, it's a free world. You can live by faith in your church, every other psychiatrist does.

Grass Farmer

Moves
14 Apr 17

So many believers. So much faith. Surely one person has the ability to explain the gods of the trillion dollar church.

Grass Farmer

Moves
14 Apr 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

When I look at you post medication I do not see any mental illness. It cleared the lot out. Now there is nothing in there.

HELLLLOOOOO IIIIISSSS AAANNYYYBOOODDDYYY HHHHOOOMMMEE!

Grass Farmer

Moves
14 Apr 17
5 edits

I will explain your religion for you then.

When dealing with depression serotonin in patients is found to be low. What the drugs do is increase the levels of this in the brain. There is no control over getting to the right level of serotonin or being monitored. It's a blind guess where success can be found amongst the mass murderers. So they say doing magic mushrooms can help patients that do not respond to the treatments available to them. You can also go outside and sit in the sun to increase your serotonin... ways that are natural and not posing a danger to your brain. If you suffer depression you probably need to change the way you live your life. Give up alcohol which is a known depressant.

When dealing with schizophrenia dopamine is found to be high. When a person with schizophrenia is drugged the dopamine cannot be used as the chemicals in the medications have binded in the place where the dopamine would be used. It is basically an execution of the natural drugs that people need to function in day to day life. Not only does it execute the dopamine it also executes the serotonin taking away any feelings of joy and emotions leaving behind a dead piece of human. May as well be dead.... and there is not one role model who is a medicated schizophrenic unlike depression.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 17

I want to say. We have become very good at physics, so we figure everything is like that. But it isn't.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 17

I will explain your religion for you then.

When dealing with depression serotonin in patients is found to be low. What the drugs do is increase the levels of this in the brain. There is no control over getting to the right level of serotonin or being monitored. It's a blind guess where success can be found amongst the mass murderers. So they say ...[text shortened]... be dead.... and there is not one role model who is a medicated schizophrenic unlike depression.
You seem to know an awful lot about those medications their effects, and what is going on in the brains of patients. Yet your argument at the beginning of the thread seemed to be that psychiatrists had no clue about the effects or what is wrong with the patient. You are contradicting yourself.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
So... you're not taking your meds then?
Its all about dopamine

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Apr 17

Soon I won't be. :-).

I like my serotonin and dopamine. I don't see why I should be executed so you can feel better in your ownership.
you beat me to it

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Apr 17

I have a TBI which has caused me to react in certain ways when I am in noisy situations.

My 3 compulsory court appearances went like this

How many links to terrorists do I have. None
How many times have I resisted arrest. None
How many times have I been violent against the police. None
How often was I doing drugs. None

gonna explain how gods work scientifically?
Hey ,you're taking up ,slack.....but without the humour 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Apr 17

Post edited.

This isn't the right place for such a discussion.
why not?

There are moderators at work

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
16 Apr 17

When I look at you post medication I do not see any mental illness. It cleared the lot out. Now there is nothing in there.

HELLLLOOOOO IIIIISSSS AAANNYYYBOOODDDYYY HHHHOOOMMMEE!
I'm home now, and I hear ya.... but what doyou expect?
Other than my empathy

Moves
16 Apr 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
why not?

There are moderators at work
That's not what I meant. I simply chose to edit my own post. It's a discussion I'd rather not get drawn into.