1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:28
    @rajk999 said
    So you know more than Jesus and the Apostles. ...
    Why didnt you just say so all the time.

Ok you win
    James - the James believed to have written the book of James - was not of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, and, if my memory is correct, he was in conflict with several apostles of Jesus’ for trying to teach people to go back to the law. He also, if my memory is correct, was not a follower of Jesus’ until *after* Jesus’ Resurrection.

I’ll look all that up and get back to you.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:34
    @medullah said
    Islam believes in Jesus too, only they say that he is a prophet
    Yep, bells and whistles!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:381 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    Why do you keep asking me to ignore you?

If you are embarrassed about the activities you have in mind, how about not enacting them?

It's okay to fantasize about doing this or that, and then not actually do this or that, or has no-one clued you in about that?

If you have issues with Dive, know this: I have perceived that he's an overgrown bratty jackass [this mig ...[text shortened]... ill defend him against the petty barbs of a pseudo-Christian clownfish like you any day of the week.
    <<Why do you keep asking me to ignore you?>>

Because I find you neither enlightening nor entertaining.

<<If you are embarrassed about the activities you have in mind, how about not enacting them?>>

No idea what this means, but feel free not to explain.

<<It's okay to fantasize about doing this or that, and then not actually do this or that, or has no-one clued you in about that?>>

Huh? Are you on drugs?

<<If you have issues with Dive,>>

My issues with dive were nicely summarized by suzianne in the Site Ideas forum.

<<know this: I think he's an overgrown bratty jackass, but on the other hand, if he is still that way in his 60s or whatever, then there might be other influences beyond his control and personal choices in play,>>

Oh, I doubt that. Anyone can choose to deal with whatever aberrant behavior they’re displaying on here - either by spending less time on here or by getting at the root of the problem, which I think is best addressed via the Holy Bible and prayer.

<<and I will defend him against the petty barbs of a pseudo-Christian clownfish like you any day of the week.>>

I cannot stress enough how little your opinion of me matters and how little your opinion of me means to me.

You claim dive, whom you have known a great deal longer than me, may have “other influences beyond his control and personal choices in play,” but think you know me A to Z?

You can’t help contradicting yourself in a four-paragraph post, can you?

And suzianne nailed dive. It was a beautiful post to read and hopefully he took it to heart, though I doubt he did.

If dive wants to dish it out, he better be prepared to take it, and suzianne gave it to him good.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:39
    @pb1022 said
    James - the James believed to have written the book of James - was not of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, and, if my memory is correct, he was in conflict with several apostles of Jesus’ for trying to teach people to go back to the law. He also, if my memory is correct, was not a follower of Jesus’ until *after* Jesus’ Resurrection.

I thought James and Jude where brothers of Jesus and didn’t come to faith till He rose from the dead. Not something I would be overly concerned about if wrong.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:39
    @pb1022 said

Hey .. dont get carried away. I dont need your opinion on this matter at all. You dont like the teachings of James and you dont like Jesus Christ teachings as well apparently ... hey .. Im cool with that. No need to prove anything.

James by the way, was not in conflict with any Apostle at all. They all said in different words that faith without works is dead .
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:40
    @kevin-eleven said
    Maybe you'll come around someday.
    Not my place to tell you how to perceive or comprehend or believe or behave.

The past is gone. The Everlasting is always present.
    Sounds like you’ve been reading your collection of Snapple bottle caps.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:42
    @pb1022 said

No need for that.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:42
    @rajk999 said
    Hey .. dont get carried away. I dont need your opinion on this matter at all. You dont like the teachings of James and you dont like Jesus Christ teachings as well apparently ... hey .. Im cool with that. No need to prove anything.

James by the way, was not in conflict with any Apostle at all. They all said in different words that faith without works is dead .
    That post of mine wasn’t addressed to you.

I like Jesus Christ’s teachings - all of them.

Not only the teachings before “masses of people,” which is your standard for what should be listened to.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:43
    @kevin-eleven said
    No need for that.
    I’ll do it anyway. I’m curious and know just where to look.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:49
    @pb1022 said
    I’ll do it anyway. I’m curious and know just where to look.
    Sorry, but you seem kind of retrograde and lame in the current context.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:52
    I realize no one will read this, but I’m posting the link any way. It compares what James taught and what Paul taught and concluded they both taught the same thing from different angles.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/do-paul-james-disagree-on-justification-by-faith-alone/
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:53
    @kevin-eleven said
    Sorry, but you seem kind of retrograde and lame in the current context.
    Like I said, your opinion of me means nothing to me.

And for those interested in the conflict I referenced, check Galatians 2 and Acts 15; I’m not gonna bother copy-pasting.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 02:03
    @pb1022 said
    <<Why do you keep asking me to ignore you?>>

Because I find you neither enlightening nor entertaining.

<<If you are embarrassed about the activities you have in mind, how about not enacting them?>>

No idea what this means, but feel free not to explain.

<<It's okay to fantasize about doing this or that, and then not actually do this or that, or has no-one clued you ...[text shortened]...

If dive wants to dish it out, he better be prepared to take it, and suzianne gave it to him good.
    You seem to be a sick person, but sicknesses don't last forever.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 03:39
    @rajk999 said
    Of course people can use whatever terms they are comfortable with. The problem is when those terms are used to remove the correct teachings. This matter of personal relationship is used by churches to remove the requirement to live righteously.
    No one here says we are not to be living holy and righteous lives, yet you are always going on about how that is true. The only evidence I see of that here is you making the charge. Not anyone saying we can live unrighteous lives, sinful lives, live in disobedience to Christ, with maybe the possible exception being you and dive.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 08:52
    @medullah said
    Well every group needs a trouble maker of some description I suppose

😉
    Every toolbox needs a hammer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree