1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:04
    @medullah said
    Islam believes in Jesus too, only they say that he is a prophet
    The Devils believe too. Belief and faith is one small step to good works and righteousness and the church doctrines have failed to make the next step to the Kingdom of God, by telling their congregation that that is all that is required... dead faith goes nowhere.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:05
    @pb1022 said
    So you don’t believe Paul had an encounter with the Resurrected Christ on the Road to Damascus?
    It was probably just an epilectic fit with a retrotemporal Hitchcock influence.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:18
    @rajk999 said
    The Devils believe too. Belief and faith is one small step to good works and righteousness and the church doctrines have failed to make the next step to the Kingdom of God, by telling their congregation that that is all that is required... dead faith goes nowhere.
    You still don’t get how belief and faith are connected to good works and keeping the commandments. You seem to think they’re totally separate and they’re not. They’re completely connected.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:31
    @pb1022 said
    You still don’t get how belief and faith are connected to good works and keeping the commandments. You seem to think they’re totally separate and they’re not. They’re completely connected.
    I imagine that you might not yet understand that verbiage, no matter how personally gratifying on the micro level, might tangle the sprouts and waterways of G*d.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:35
    @kevin-eleven said
    I imagine that you might not yet understand that verbiage, no matter how personally gratifying on the micro level, might tangle the sprouts and waterways of G*d.
    Let’s go back to when you were ignoring me.

And check up on your buddy dive…

He might need one of those inflatable donuts to sit on after suzianne broke her foot off in his ass in that forum on site improvements.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:43
    @pb1022 said
    Let’s go back to when you were ignoring me.

And check up on your buddy dive…

He might need one of those inflatable donuts to sit on after suzianne broke her foot off in his ass in that forum on site improvements.
    The Light behind the scenes would say none of those things, so why do you?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 00:57
    @pb1022 said
    That false doctrine is only taught in your church because you church people like to delude yourselves. Faith and works are separate and independent. One can exist without the other. Here is its. Go handwrite this 100 times.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.(James 2:14-26 KJV)
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:041 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Here is its.
    Yep.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:07
    @rajk999 said
    That false doctrine is only taught in your church because you church people like to delude yourselves. Faith and works are separate and independent. One can exist without the other. Here is its. Go handwrite this 100 times.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be nak ...[text shortened]... the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.[/b](James 2:14-26 KJV)
    What I wrote, about faith and good works being inseparable, isn’t taught, it’s experienced. You would know that if you had faith, particularly if you were heavily into reading the Holy Bible and prayer and had gone through experiences where faith had sustained you.

I’d love to know who James was addressing. If I had to guess, I’d say he was addressing very new believers or unbelievers. Faith is grown over time and through trials and troubles - it doesn’t appear in full maturity the moment someone is saved. That’s only the beginning of their faith.

And until faith matures and good works flow naturally from it, there is a period of time where one has to be taught as James is teaching.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:14
    @pb1022 said
    What I wrote, about faith and good works being inseparable, isn’t taught, it’s experienced. You would know that if you had faith, particularly if you were heavily into reading the Holy Bible and prayer and had gone through experiences where faith had sustained you.

I’d love to know who James was addressing. If I had to guess, I’d say he was addressing very new believers or ...[text shortened]... s flow naturally from it, there is a period of time where one has to be taught as James is teaching.
    This all seems like you are still mumbling about in the weeds.

If you believe in God, look Godward, relax into God, stop trying to outdo God on your microscale.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:14
    @kevin-eleven said
    The Light behind the scenes would say none of those things, so why do you?
    Because it’s funny?

And because I like tweaking dive?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:15
    @kevin-eleven said
    This all seems like you are still mumbling about in the weeds.

If you believe in God, look Godward, relax into God, stop trying to outdo God on your microscale.
    If I pay you $10, will you ignore me for the next three weeks?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:18
    @pb1022 said

I’d love to know who James was addressing. If I had to guess, I’d say he was addressing very new believers or ...[text shortened]... s flow naturally from it, there is a period of time where one has to be taught as James is teaching.
    So you know more than Jesus and the Apostles. ...
    Why didnt you just say so all the time.

Ok you win
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:21
    @pb1022 said
    Because it’s funny?

And because I like tweaking dive?
    Maybe you'll come around someday.
    Not my place to tell you how to perceive or comprehend or believe or behave.

The past is gone. The Everlasting is always present.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 01:273 edits
    @pb1022 said
    If I pay you $10, will you ignore me for the next three weeks?
    Why do you keep asking me to ignore you?

If you are embarrassed about the activities you have in mind, how about not enacting them?

It's okay to fantasize about doing this or that, and then not actually do this or that, or has no-one clued you in about that?

If you have issues with Dive, know this: I have perceived that he's an overgrown bratty jackass [this might be an outdated perception], but on the other hand, if he is still that way in his 60s or whatever, then there might be other influences beyond his control and personal choices in play, and I will defend him against the petty barbs of a pseudo-Christian clownfish like you any day of the week.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree