Permanent Members of Christ's Royal Family

Permanent Members of Christ's Royal Family

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Please see the relevant salvation comments by FreakyKBH on Page two." ~gb

There's no biblical reference though he does know what he's talking about; sorry for the confusion.
I posted a quote by Peter a few posts up.

Freaky contradicts Peter. Who do you think is correct?
Personally I would go with Peter

What about you?

Please spare me the garbage about interpreting in a particular way etc etc.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I posted a quote by Peter a few posts up.

Freaky contradicts Peter. Who do you think is correct?
Personally I would go with Peter

What about you?

Please spare me the garbage about interpreting in a particular way etc etc.
Quoting Peter and understanding the truth of which Peter spoke are two different things.

When Peter followed the Christ during His ministry, was he a believer?
When Peter denied the Christ during His trial, was he a believer?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
No I am not lying. In the past I believed I had Jesus Christ in my life and the Holy Spirit of God too, and I wasn't lying at that time. Then I lost my belief and now I don't believe the claims made about Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit any more. And I am not lying when I say this.
It was true or it was not with you, which one was it?
If you never really had God in your life why claim you did?
If did have God in your life why deny Him now?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
No. I cannot tell you I was "faking it" ~ it would not be true if I told you that. What happened was that my beliefs changed. I lost my faith. You should perhaps be careful that the sheer strength of your personal convictions and your sincerity do not rob you of your ability to understand the human condition. You are a Christian (I take your word for it) and I w ...[text shortened]... a place where you can no longer understand or accept such a basic human trait and fact of life.
I accept that you claimed it, but never really walked with God. Had you
really walked with Him you would never be able to deny Him.
Kelly

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Quoting Peter and understanding the truth of which Peter spoke are two different things.

When Peter followed the Christ during His ministry, was he a believer?
When Peter denied the Christ during His trial, was he a believer?
Peter is not alone. All the apostles made similar statements.
Are you going to twist them all?

F

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You never had any salvation to lose. The fact that you claim to have once believed in Christ is not enough to gain salvation. You must repent of your sins and be baptized by the Holy Spirit. As Christ said, "You must be born again."
Is the difference between your theology and that being espoused here by FreakyKBH and Grampy Bobby "unimportant", as Kelly Jay seems to be saying.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 May 14

No, but I will certainly listen to all of them instead of keying on a verse here or there to support a view inconsistent with the whole.

Are you going to contort the pet verses to a caricature of the Gospel message?

F

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
It was true or it was not with you, which one was it?

I have answered this repeatedly. It was real for me. I was not "faking it". Please, let's now get back to the thing we were talking about ~ and from which this whole red herring about me "faking it" is nothing but a tangent.

I did believe I had God in my life. It was not a mere "claim". I truly believed it. It is not necessary for you to ask me the same thing over and over again.

If did have God in your life why deny Him now?

My beliefs changed. I have said this I don't know how many times. You keep asking the same thing repeatedly.

F

Moves
24 May 14

I accept that you claimed it, but never really walked with God. Had you
really walked with Him you would never be able to deny Him.
Your assertion about what I "would never be able" to do does not affect the reality of what happened to me. I accept your claim that you are a Christian ~ and I accept your claim in good faith. I used to be a Christian too. Now, I have stated that for the umpteenth time, can we get back to the discussion we were having?

Do you think that I ~ an ex-Christian and an "unbeliever" [in Christian terms] ~ am now a permanent member of Christ's Royal Family and that I cannot lose my salvation on account of the fact that I used to believe in Christ at one point in my life?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
No, but I will certainly listen to all of them instead of keying on a verse here or there to support a view inconsistent with the whole.

Are you going to contort the pet verses to a caricature of the Gospel message?
I already posted all the relevant verses is one post some time ago but none of you OSAS were able to handle it. It was obvious that you people don't know the bible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 14

Originally posted by FMF
[b]It was true or it was not with you, which one was it?

I have answered this repeatedly. It was real for me. I was not "faking it". Please, let's now get back to the thing we were talking about ~ and from which this whole red herring about me "faking it" is nothing but a tangent.

I ...[text shortened]... hanged. I have said this I don't know how many times. You keep asking the same thing repeatedly.[/b]
I know you have, you are saying in your current "mind set" you never
really walked with God, because God is not real. So that says you never
really walked with God, because God is not real. If you were in truth
really walking with God, then you could not say God is not real, because
you walked with Him.

It is very simple, either you walked with God in Christ or no, if no than
you cannot say you did.
Kelly

F

Moves
24 May 14
1 edit

If you were in truth really walking with God, then you could not say God is not real, because you walked with Him.
Well my experience, as I have now told it to you, divests you of the assumption underpinning this assertion of yours. You have now met someone who really did "walk with God" but whose beliefs changed. As I said to you before, my beliefs were real to me when I held them. I no longer have those beliefs now, so what is real to me has changed. Meanwhile, I accept that your Christian beliefs, right now, are real to you. I respectfully take you at your word. Right then, can we get back to what we were discussing?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 May 14

Thats it? I thought he was one of the Apostles in the Bible the way you refer to him as if he is some kind of authority.
You obviously need to read the New Testament more often.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 May 14

Does this verse mean anything to you

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they ha ...[text shortened]... e known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
(2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)
That seems to describe the way FMF feels about it. And I have no reason to believe he was ever saved before rejecting Christ as his Savior, even though he may have known the way.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 May 14

I believe none of the disciples truly believed that Jesus was the Son of God until after His resurrection.