Paul's marriage double standard

Paul's marriage double standard

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
04 Sep 21

@suzianne said
Well, there is this:
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, KJV

And this:
"In like manner also, that ...[text shortened]... am and Eve story was created in order to justify the subjugation of women, but that's another topic.
These are excellent scriptures that support your masongy claims, and somewhat bad feelings towards Paul. Please give me a day or two to do some research and I'll get back to you with my thoughts. I appreciate and thank you for you sharing your thoughts; and, for sharing these scriptures which clearly back your current feelings and stance towards Paul's apparent masongy. I am certainly learning from this discussion by you sharing your true feelings on this subject.
Talk soon and God Bless.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 21
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
These are excellent scriptures that support your masongy claims, and somewhat bad feelings towards Paul. Please give me a day or two to do some research and I'll get back to you with my thoughts. I appreciate and thank you for you sharing your thoughts; and, for sharing these scriptures which clearly back your current feelings and stance towards Paul's apparent masongy ...[text shortened]... from this discussion by you sharing your true feelings on this subject.
Talk soon and God Bless.
Take your time. I'd like to read what you think.

To be clear, Paul wasn't the only one of his time to think like this, but he was in a unique position to preach to the churches about it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 21

@eladar said
So you believe God does not understand the two great commandments.

If God did understand them, he would not have ordered homosexuals executed. Agreed?
Since the two great commandments came out of Jesus' mouth, I highly doubt that God did not understand them. My question was, do you understand them?

Why must you endeavor so mightily to twist what people say?

E

Moves
04 Sep 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
Since the two great commandments came out of Jesus' mouth, I highly doubt that God did not understand them. My question was, do you understand them?

Why must you endeavor so mightily to twist what people say?
So executing homosexuals for being homosexuals is consistent with the two great commands.

Yes?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 21
2 edits

@eladar said
So executing homosexuals for being homosexuals is consistent with the two great commands.

Yes?
Where are you getting these outrageous claims?

No, it is not.

Did not Jesus keep the adulteress from being stoned?

I'm not sure you have a firm grip on even who Jesus was, much less what he stood for, or why he came.

E

Moves
04 Sep 21

@suzianne said
Where are you getting these outrageous claims?

No, it is not.

Did not Jesus keep the adulteress from being stoned?

I'm not sure you have a firm grip on even who Jesus was, much less what he stood for, or why he came.
So Jesus calls God good, but God gave an evil command.

You are certainly logical in your beliefs.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
04 Sep 21
1 edit

@eladar said
So you believe God does not understand the two great commandments.

If God did understand them, he would not have ordered homosexuals executed. Agreed?
In the Old-Testament, God also ordered that those who commit adultery be put to death. God sees no difference between adultery and homosexuality. Where is your zealot condemnation of all the adulterers, especially by right wing pastors, politicians, and presidents like Trump. All whom you supported and voted for to lead our nation.
You voted for an a mass adulterer to run our nation into the ground where you are headed. Can we say that you are a hypocrite yet? Nevermind, we all know the truth about you already.
If God did understand adulterer's, he would not have ordered adulterer's executed. Agreed?

E

Moves
04 Sep 21

@kingdavid403 said
In the Old-Testament, God also ordered that those who commit adultery be put to death. God sees no difference between adultery and homosexuality. Where is your zealot condemnation of all the adulterers, especially by right wing pastors, politicians, and presidents like Trump. All whom you supported and voted for to lead our nation.
You voted for an a mass adulterer ...[text shortened]... ady.
If God did understand adulterer's, he would not have ordered adulterer's executed. Agreed?
Those who commit adultry are bound for hell just as the homosexuals, what is your point? Both actions are inherently evil.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
04 Sep 21

@suzianne said
Take your time. I'd like to read what you think.

To be clear, Paul wasn't the only one of his time to think like this, but he was in a unique position to preach to the churches about it.
Yes, I agree. I'm somewhat excited to learn more on this subject. It is a subject that I never encountered in my biblical training; and, we both know why. Again, Thank you so much. 🙂
Talk soon Suzianne.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
04 Sep 21
2 edits

@eladar said
Those who commit adultry are bound for hell just as the homosexuals, what is your point? Both actions are inherently evil.
Then why did you vote for Trump to lead our nation? and why do you back him daily in these forums? He is nothing but a mass adulterer that did nothing but teach our youth and others that adultery is somehow okay? Would you ever do this for a politician who is gay? That's right.
Hypocrite.
lol... you really are hilarious...

E

Moves
04 Sep 21

@kingdavid403 said
Then why did you vote for Trump to lead our nation? and why do you back him daily in these forums? He is nothing but a mass adulterer that did nothing but teach our youth and others that adultery is somehow okay? Would you ever do this for a politician who is gay? That's right.
Hypocrite.
Tell me the person who was not evil that I should have voted for.

I did not vote in the Presidential election.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 21

@eladar said
So Jesus calls God good, but God gave an evil command.

You are certainly logical in your beliefs.
You are certainly thick, or perhaps loathe to rethink something you enjoy thinking about.

When Jesus came, the Mosaic Law was replaced by the two great commandments. "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:40, KJV

I wouldn't call the Mosaic Law evil, just not useful anymore. This was only one reason Jesus came to earth. The Mosaic Law served its purpose, but is not fit for a basis of judgement today. Atonement and salvation is another reason Jesus came.

Why do you think there are two Testaments?

E

Moves
04 Sep 21

@suzianne said
You are certainly thick, or perhaps loathe to rethink something you enjoy thinking about.

When Jesus came, the Mosaic Law was replaced by the two great commandments. "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." -- Matthew 22:40, KJV

I wouldn't call the Mosaic Law evil, just not useful anymore. This was only one reason Jesus came to earth. The Mosai ...[text shortened]... Atonement and salvation is another reason Jesus came.

Why do you think there are two Testaments?
Do you agree with Jesus that the God of the OT is good?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 21
3 edits

E

Moves
04 Sep 21

@eladar said
Do you agree with Jesus that the God of the OT is good?
And crickets from Suzi because she cannot answer that question.