1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 20:14
    @eladar said
    Not according to a child of Satan.
    You might as well call me a child of Bigfoot.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 20:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You might as well call me a child of Bigfoot.
    Exactly
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 20:36
    @eladar said
    Exactly
    So you recognize that calling an atheist a child of Satan isn't going to deliver much of a punch?

Progress...
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 20:51
    @eladar said
    There is a big difference between those who speak truth as opposed to those who lie.
    So tell us the big difference between you, and those that speak truth?
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 00:271 edit
    @suzianne said
    Well, there is this:
    "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, KJV

And this:
    "In like manner also, that ...[text shortened]... am and Eve story was created in order to justify the subjugation of women, but that's another topic.
    Hey Suzianne,
    I just want you to know that I am still working on this; however, it make take another day or two.
    I justed wanted you to know that I did not forget. I have done a couple hours of research already; and, I am sitting down with my wife sometime soon, so she can show and teach me her point of view on this subject; and, she knows more than I, or that most know, when it comes to Gods Holy Word. Her opinion is much like yours; however, she feels that today many of these scriptures have been misinterpreted from Pauls true meaning on this subject. Mostly due to men's fear and egos.
    Talk soon,
    God Bless. 🙂
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 11:53
    @kingdavid403 said
    Hey Suzianne,
    I just want you to know that I am still working on this; however, it make take another day or two.
    I justed wanted you to know that I did not forget. I have done a couple hours of research already; and, I am sitting down with my wife sometime soon, so she can show and teach me her point of view on this subject; and, she knows more than I, or that most ...[text shortened]... Pauls true meaning on this subject. Mostly due to men's fear and egos.
    Talk soon,
    God Bless. 🙂
    As I said, take your time. Learning should not be rushed.

It seems possible that Paul's words might have been slanted by some to provide for another agenda, but these thoughts also seem normal to me for the times. Women's Lib was 1900 years away.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 11:56
    @eladar said
    Exactly
    Why are you so against freedom?

Freedom of speech, of thought, of action. These seem to honestly scare you.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 11:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Doesn't this negate any of the dusty stuff from the OT?
    Yes. Two Testaments. By design.

(See what I did there? 🙂 )
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 12:00
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not the fastest hamster in the wheel, hey?
    Okay, while I didn't actually LOL, I did chuckle a bit.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 12:03
    @eladar said
    There is a big difference between those who speak truth as opposed to those who lie.
    Coming from someone who makes a habit of lying every day in the Debates Forum, I have to agree with the words of this statement, if not your meaning behind them.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 12:07
    @eladar said
    Tell me the person who was not evil that I should have voted for.

I did not vote in the Presidential election.
    You know her name.

That you disagree is on you.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Sep '21 12:44
    @suzianne said
    Yes. Two Testaments. By design.

(See what I did there? 🙂 )
    Yes, I spotted it. 😀
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 18:53
    @suzianne said
    As I said, take your time. Learning should not be rushed.

It seems possible that Paul's words might have been slanted by some to provide for another agenda, but these thoughts also seem normal to me for the times. Women's Lib was 1900 years away.
    Well, there is this:
    "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." -- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, KJV

Hello Suszanne,
    I'm sorry about the delay in my response, things happened that had to be dealt with; it was a rough week or so. Any-hoot,
    What Paul is addressing here in the Corinth church is their complete Kaos is their worship services. They were all loudly praying in tongues, Prophesy, and the women who sat in the back of the church were screaming questions at their husbands who sat in front of the church; this all going on at once in their services; complete Kaos. I have seen this in many evangelical churches today; complete Kaos that is not from the Lord. We are also dealing with a male dominant Greek-Roman culture here; this is the excuse given by most historians and teachers that I have found in my studies. However, I feel that in this verse, that Paul was just addressing one of the issues that were disrupting the services, the same as he addressed other specific issues in this 14th chapter of 1st Corinthians. I feel that Paul was being stern in his speech here because he knew that messing with the women, and others, could be hazardous. Paul was trying to bring normalcy to this Church, so that those that were new believers would not brush them off as insane idiots and turn away from the church, and from the Lord; as Paul made clear in his own words here in this chapter. I believe that Paul knew full-well that there is no way to silence women; especially angry women; as with anyone else. Paul was addressing the different aspects of Kaos in this Church.
    I do believe that the male dominant Greek-Roman culture here played a role in Paul's thinking and speech. However, I do not believe that women are to remain silent in the Church; that's ridiculous and up-surd. How would they have had prophetesses and the such back then; that would not make sense at all. The fact that Deborah was a military leader, and judge of all of Israel in The Old Testament, makes clear to us all by God Himself, that men are in no way above women in the eyes of God. This scripture has been taken out of context by a male-dominant, far-right, control freak, supposed Christian society in American and beyond. Same as it was in the past when Paul wrote these scriptures. We must remember that Paul was raised in a Jewish commune his whole life to become a Jewish Pharisee; kind of like a monk raising. Paul most likely never saw a woman until he left the commune to become a full-time Pharisee; which he first did by persecuting Christians; some with torture and death. Paul changed much throughout his Christian life.

This link here: https://learn.gcs.edu/mod/book/view.php?id=4261&chapterid=15
    The link above provides an excellent explanation of what Paul wrote in these verses and why. Personally, I agree with almost all opinions given in this chapter on Women in the Church. Please read chapter and give me your thoughts here. Again, sorry for the delay in my response; I am studying this subject more and will have more to share soon.
    God Bless,
    David
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 19:57
    @kingdavid403 said
    Well, there is this:

Hello Suszanne,
    I ...[text shortened]... in my response; I am studying this subject more and will have more to share soon.
    God Bless,
    David
    Now I have to apologize for my slow response to this.

Now I've seen it and I will revisit this. I'm out of town for another three and a half weeks, though, and my resources here aren't sufficient for delving into this. I might find the time to read your link, but I'll have to think about it and I'll respond when I get back home. Sorry to drag this out even further. I do appreciate the reply though. Mine will take a while, unfortunately.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 20:281 edit
    @suzianne said
    Now I have to apologize for my slow response to this.

Now I've seen it and I will revisit this. I'm out of town for another three and a half weeks, though, and my resources here aren't sufficient for delving into this. I might find the time to read your link, but I'll have to think about it and I'll respond when I get back home. Sorry to drag this out even further. I do appreciate the reply though. Mine will take a while, unfortunately.
    No problems Suzianne; I look forward to your response when you have time. As you said earlier: "take your time; this subject requires thoughtful study."
    I must admit that I was first incorrect; when I said that 'all that is written in the New Testament applies to all today.' Clearly there are many verses in the New Testament that applied to culture norms of those days 2000 plus years ago; not today.
    Jesus said that we are to follow the Spirit of the Law, not the letter of the Law.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree