1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 20:381 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    No problems Suzianne; I look forward to your response when you have time. As you said earlier: "take your time; this subject requires thoughtful study."
    I must admit that I was first incorrect; when I said that 'all that is written in the New Testament applies to all today.' Clearly there are many verses in the New Testament that applied to culture norms of those da ...[text shortened]... day.
    Jesus said that we are to follow the Spirit of the Law, not the letter of the Law.
    Exactly. This is the problem I have with those who seem to worship the Bible itself, meaning the words. "That's not written in the Bible!" they say. I say it doesn't have to be. One can perfectly describe an automobile without once mentioning that it is an automobile.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." -- Matthew 13:15, KJV
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Sep '21 23:37
    @suzianne said
    Exactly. This is the problem I have with those who seem to worship the Bible itself, meaning the words. "That's not written in the Bible!" they say. I say it doesn't have to be. One can perfectly describe an automobile without once mentioning that it is an automobile.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes th ...[text shortened]... understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." -- Matthew 13:15, KJV
    I agree. Awesome verse. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree