Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You can't help him.
It is the blind leading the blind.

ThinkOfOne's teaching ... Pitch black ... darkness.

"If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! " (Matt. 6:23b)

How great is the darkness.

And you are still diseased with questionings.
You can't help. All you can do is generate evi ...[text shortened]... poem then in 50,000 words either one of you have written on this Forum opposing Christ, denying God.
You might be making nonsense of a thousand or more of your own posts as a result of your haste and pique.

What can a human learn about living a good life from the words of Jesus even if he or she does not believe in His divinity?

Nothing?

Are you sure there's "nothing there" for all of non-Christian mankind?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
2 edits

@FMF

I saw the subtlety of your question/s the FIRST time FMF. No need to sneak through your point.

You asked a compound collection of questions.
I answered the first one, and indicated it was the answer to the first one.

1.) Are you sure there's nothing there?

2.) What can a human learn about living a good life from the words of Jesus even if he or she does not believe in His divinity?

3.) Are you sure there's "nothing there" for all of non-Christian mankind??

I answered #1

Are you sure there's nothing there?

Yes. Nothing there.

The context didn't escape my notice. Tell ToO.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
1 edit

Folks,

Maybe the first rule of the atheist is to be clever.
FMF will try to impress you always with his cleverness.

But he hasn't BEGUN to show wisdom.
The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom.

He hasn't shown anyone that he has even begun to have wisdom. There is no regard for the reality of the living God in all his clever reasoning. No fear of God.

Anyone who wants to go after ThinkOfOne's teaching of the Bible? You go ahead. You'll end up in despair of pitch black spiritual darkness.

Now, here's how Paul starts his explanation of the Gospel of God.

"Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, a called apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Which He promised beforehand through the prophets in the holy Scriptures,

Concerning His Son, who came out of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Who was designated the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness out of the resurrection of the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord. " (Romans 1:1-4)

It is far more profitable to read and re-read this with prayer and thanksgiving, praying humbly before God over every word.

You will receive light. The light within you will be true light.
It will not be the darkness of ToO stealth atheism concealing the denial of God and God's Son, with flattering words of alienated human cleverness.

Every line, every word of Romans 1:1-4 is filled with true wisdom. And the whole book of Romans is tremendously filled with true wisdom.

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

I saw the subtlety of your question/s the FIRST time FMF. No need to sneak through your point.

You asked a compound collection of questions.
I answered the first one, and indicated it was the answer to the first one.

1.) Are you sure there's nothing there?

2.) W ...[text shortened]... nothing there?

Yes. Nothing there. [/quote]

The context didn't escape my notice. Tell ToO.
You have contradicted your well-thumbed assertion that Jesus was the most morally perfect figure in history. You've rendered it nonsense in a little tizzy of vanity.

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
Folks,

Maybe the first rule of the atheist is to be clever.
FMF will try to impress you always with his cleverness.

But he hasn't BEGUN to show wisdom.
The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom.

He hasn't shown anyone that he has even begun to have wisdom. There is no regard for the reality of the living God in all his clever reasoning. No fear of God.
You are staggering around having dropped your pridefulness on your foot.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
The point that you've disingenuously side-stepped from Isaiah 1:16,18 is that God explicitly states that they are to "make themselves clean" by "remov[ing] the evil of your deeds from [His] sight" and "ceas[ing] to do evil". This concept is entirely consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. However, it flies in the face of the gospel in which ...[text shortened]... k your question as if the answer might somehow change what God explicitly states in Isaiah 1:16,18.
Have you "ceased to do evil"?

You can go ahead and answer the question now, that is, unless you'd like to squirm around a little more first.

T

Moves
05 Mar 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Have you "ceased to do evil"?

You can go ahead and answer the question now, that is, unless you'd like to squirm around a little more first.
The point that you continue to disingenuously side-step from Isaiah 1:16,18 is that God explicitly states that they are to "make themselves clean" by "remov[ing] the evil of your deeds from [His] sight" and "ceas[ing] to do evil". This concept is entirely consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. However, it flies in the face of the gospel in which you believe.

You ask your question as if the answer might somehow change what God explicitly states in Isaiah 1:16,18. It's a disingenuous way of side-stepping the point.

You can go ahead and address the point now, that is, unless you'd like to squirm around a little more first.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
2 edits

@FMF

Aside from little eloquent jabs like this, you have nothing.

So for another ten years you'll come here and brag of your wonderful "lack of belief."

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Aside from little eloquent jabs like this, you have nothing.

So for another ten years you'll come here and brag of your wonderful "lack of belief."
And for the non-Christian people of the world all down through history, when it comes to Jesus, there's apparently "nothing there". Either that, or you were talking nonsense earlier and are too proud to walk it back.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
1 edit

@FMF

You TRIED and failed to insert words into my mouth.
Why boast as if you did?

Now tell them all about your "lack of belief".
That's all you have.

S. Korea

Moves
05 Mar 19

@fmf said
You might be making nonsense of a thousand or more of your own posts as a result of your haste and pique.

What can a human learn about living a good life from the words of Jesus even if he or she does not believe in His divinity?

Nothing?

Why would an atheist choose to follow the random ethical actions of someone who they think was a madman?

S. Korea

Moves
05 Mar 19

@fmf said
And you are casting insults freely without understanding the content.

Or, even worse, understanding but ignoring the content.

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@philokalia said
And you are casting insults freely without understanding the content.

Or, even worse, understanding but ignoring the content.
I think I am understanding the context just fine and that context is hundreds and hundreds of sonship's previous posts about Jesus as a historical figure even without his supposed divinity. I don't see myself as casting "insults".

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@philokalia said
Why would an atheist choose to follow the random ethical actions of someone who they think was a madman?
I don't know. You should ask an atheist who sees it that way. Perhaps they will tell you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Mar 19

@thinkofone said
The point that you continue to disingenuously side-step from Isaiah 1:16,18 is that God explicitly states that they are to "make themselves clean" by "remov[ing] the evil of your deeds from [His] sight" and "ceas[ing] to do evil". This concept is entirely consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. However, it flies in the face of the gospel in ...[text shortened]... go ahead and address the point now, that is, unless you'd like to squirm around a little more first.
The question before you is "Have you "ceased to do evil"?"

But answering direct questions without endlessly repeating stuff you posted earlier that has nothing to do with my question isn't really your strong point. Nevermind that your continued reposting of your previous post should be aimed at the person you were conversing with. Throwing it at me just because I choose to cut through all the bull and ask you an on-topic question is just bad form. I'm still waiting for an answer.