Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Paul's Gospel is The Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19

@ThinkOfOne

Have you considered that in doing so, you have placed yourself amongst those "go to the Bible to try to get away from God"?

Sometimes I am not satisfied with the way I come to the word of God.

Most of the time I think my heart is right. I come with a willingness to be personally touched by the Spirit of Christ and changed.

Sometimes I come to it without a prayerful spirit.
To pray over the words is most effective.
To read and pray it into you is most profitable.

Does that answer your question ?

If I said I do not know what God is like I would be lying.

T

Moves
04 Mar 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

Have you considered that in doing so, you have placed yourself amongst those "go to the Bible to try to get away from God"?

Sometimes I am not satisfied with the way I come to the word of God.

Most of the time I think my heart is right. I come with a willingness to be personally touched by the Spirit of Christ and changed.

Somet ...[text shortened]...
Does that answer your question ?

If I said I do not know what God is like I would be lying.
No, it doesn't answer the question.

The question needs to be understood within the context of the rest of my post.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19

@ThinkOfOne

No, it doesn't really answer the question.

Heaven help us !

The Bible is the word of God.
If you are opened in heart, it is the word of God.
If you are not opened and lack belief, it is still the word of God.

Tomorrow afternoon it will be the word of God.
Next week too, it will still be the word of God.
Next year also.

The moment of your last breath before to step into the unknown, at that moment it will still be the word of God.

When you come to it it is best and most effective that in coming you simultaneously intend to come forward to God.

T

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

No, it doesn't really answer the question.

Heaven help us !

The Bible is the word of God.
If you are opened in heart, it is the word of God.
If you are not opened and lack belief, it is still the word of God.

Tomorrow afternoon it will be the wo ...[text shortened]... to it it is best and most effective that in coming you simultaneously intend to come forward to God.
Okay jawill. You still don't seem to understand the question. I'd lay everything out in painstaking detail for you, but that never seems to help.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Mar 19
8 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Okay jawill. You still don't seem to understand the question. I'd lay everything out in painstaking detail for you, but that never seems to help.

Stop trying.

You can't "help" me. I met Jesus and am ruined for your Agnostic/Atheist/Humanism/Antichrist explanations of the word of God.

Stop trying.
Its too late for me.
I received the Lord Jesus.

Afterall, you don't even have the half-ass decency to call me by my current tag name - sonship.

You can't get that straight. How can you "help" me get your devious writing comprehended?
I use to be called jaywill.
My God is the man Jesus.

Don't start with some lame excuse.
Don't start now !

T

Moves
04 Mar 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

Stop trying.

You can't "help" me. I met Jesus and am ruined for your Agnostic/Atheist/Humanism/Antichrist explanations of the word of God.

Stop trying.
Its too late for me.
I received the ...[text shortened]... ywill.
My God is the man Jesus.
[/quote]
Don't start with some lame excuse.
Don't start now !
C'mon jaywill.

You asked if your response answered the question.

The fact is that your response didn't. Even after pointing out the fact that the question needs to be understood within the context of the rest of my post, you failed to answer the question.

Based on your latest response, you still don't understand the question or even the half of what I've been writing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19

@ThinkOfOne

You have nothing.
There's nothing there.

Pitch black., empty.

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

You have nothing.
There's nothing there.

Pitch black., empty.
Are you sure there's nothing there? What can a human learn about living a good life from the words of Jesus even if he or she does not believe in His divinity? Are you sure there's "nothing there" for all of non-Christian mankind??

T

Moves
05 Mar 19
3 edits

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

You have nothing.
There's nothing there.

Pitch black., empty.
It's unfortunate that your inability to read in context renders you incapable of engaging in a meaningful discussion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
1 edit

@FMF

Are you sure there's nothing there?

Yes. Nothing there.

"If anyone teaches different things and does not consent to healthy words those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which is according to godliness, he is blinded with pride, understanding NOTHING, but is diseased with questionings and contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions ..." (1 Timothy 6:3,4)

F

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Yes. Nothing there.
Doesn't this contradict your often used assertion that Jesus was the most morally perfect figure in all of history and your call for nominations of historical figures ~ with nothing about divinity ~ who set a better moral example than him?

There's really "nothing there" without buying into him being divine?

Are you sure?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Mar 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Yes. Nothing there.

"If anyone teaches different things and does not consent to healthy words those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the teaching which is according to godliness, he is blinded with pride, understanding NOTHING, but is diseased with questionings and contentions of words, out of which come envy, strife, slanders, evil suspicions ..." (1 Timothy 6:3,4)
'Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.'

Ephesians 4:2

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19
3 edits

@FMF

You can't help him.
It is the blind leading the blind.

ThinkOfOne's teaching ... Pitch black ... darkness.

"If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! " (Matt. 6:23b)

How great is the darkness.

And you are still diseased with questionings.
You can't help. All you can do is generate evil suspicions, envyings, contentions of words.

Neither of you could handle the simplest light in a childrens' spiritual song.

"Jesus loves me, this I know.
For the Bible tells me so. "

There's more truth and reality in that little poem then in 50,000 words either one of you have written on this Forum opposing Christ, denying God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

'Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.'

Ephesians 4:2

Sometimes the person who loves you is the one who tells you the truth.

Sometimes your friend is the one who tells you the truth.