1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 13:58
    @dj2becker said
    ‘The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.’

I saw this quote on social media. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
    At my work my manager is a lesbian. She is one of the coolest people. I may disagree with her. But I get along with her and I am appreciated by her. She says she prays for me which is awesome.

I hate going through hard times and people say my thoughts are with you now that's insulting and offensive.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 14:291 edit
    @fmf said
    Good. And, as I said, I know that both of us remember the discussion and I know that both of us know that you are now pretending that you didn't talk about your belief that incorrect answers on a children's quiz are examples of "lies".
    When you say you ‘know’ that I remember but I actually don’t, it means you’re lying.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 21:42
    @dj2becker said
    I think you’re just twisting my words as usual.
    I think that the rest of us reading this think that you’re dodging FMF’s point.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 21:43
    @rbhill said
    At my work my manager is a lesbian. She is one of the coolest people. I may disagree with her. But I get along with her and I am appreciated by her. She says she prays for me which is awesome.
    Who does she pray to? Which God?
    What does she pray for you?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 21:44
    @dj2becker said
    When you say you ‘know’ that I remember but I actually don’t, it means you’re lying.
    Are you claiming that you have absolutely no remembrance whatsoever of what FMF is talking about?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 15:50
    @divegeester said
    Are you claiming that you have absolutely no remembrance whatsoever of what FMF is talking about?
    I don’t recall writing down any of the words that FMF is attributing to me. That said I may have had a rugby concussion or two in the meantime.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:18
    @divegeester said
    Who does she pray to? Which God?
    What does she pray for you?
    Why would it shock you... SHOCK you, I said, to think that she might be a Christian?

Is Sunday traditionally the day the hateful and the hypocritical come out to be seen in public?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:26
    @suzianne said
    Why would it shock you... SHOCK you, I said, to think that she might be a Christian?

Is Sunday traditionally the day the hateful and the hypocritical come out to be seen in public?
    "The hateful"?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:30
    @philokalia said

Your question is just sealioning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning
    This is exactly what is done on this forum in great abundance.

"a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity" (or, more specific to this forum, "principle and honesty").

Well noted. I had not heard this term before.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:31
    @fmf said
    "The hateful"?
    "What?"
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:34
    @rbhill said

I hate going through hard times and people say my thoughts are with you now that's insulting and offensive.
    "My thoughts and prayers are with you" is a common phrase people write in sympathy cards passed around an office-type setting.

How is this "insulting and offensive" to you?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 22:35
    @suzianne said
    "What?"
    You really believe divegeester is being "hateful" for asking about someone who may or may not be a lesbian and a Christian?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 23:10
    @fmf said
    You really believe divegeester is being "hateful" for asking about someone who may or may not be a lesbian and a Christian?
    If he wants to talk with me about it, we can.

What I won't do is answer endless questions posted in the "sealion" fashion.

In fact, I'm already done talking to you about this right now, regardless of what light you wish to shine on this in order to assert your "pack dominance" over me. Frankly, I do not care what you think of it or me, any more. One might be excused for assuming that you pretty much know this already, but you just continue doing you.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 23:16
    @suzianne said
    If he wants to talk with me about it, we can.

What I won't do is answer endless questions posted in the "sealion" fashion.

In fact, I'm already done talking to you about this right now, regardless of what light you wish to shine on this in order to assert your "pack dominance" over me. Frankly, I do not care what you think of it or me, any more. One might be excused for assuming that you pretty much know this already, but you just continue doing you.
    Why are you suggesting divegeester is "hateful: for asking RBHILL this: "Who does she pray to? Which God? What does she pray for you?"

Why do you think that is a "hateful" question?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 23:16
    @suzianne said
    It doesn’t, what do you mean?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree