1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '19 13:092 edits
    @caissad4

This, from someone who thinks snakes and donkeys used to talk, but don't anymore,
    whilst simultaneously denying evolution. Bible literalists don't suppress the truth, they just lie continually.

This is a dishonest representation of my views. I believe in TWO particular miracles in history that took place. I don't believe generally that snakes and donkeys use to talk.

But here's something on the analysis of arguably a popular modern secular fairy tale.

Mathematical Challenges to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution

YouTube
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 13:144 edits
    Three giant figures of the 19th century attempted to replace the Bible. Perhaps they did not coordinate together. But the effect of all three men was to answer the questions that only the Bible answers.

Charles Darwin - attempted to explain the origin of man and life.

Karl Marx - attempted give the world a picture of a utopian future.

Sigmond Freud - attempted to explain what man should do with his sense of guilt.

As we move into the 21rst century these three heroes are receding, fading as discarded titans for the most part.

Before them the Holy Bible is a revelation of solution to these three dilemmas of mankind.

Who is the origin of the world and human beings.
    Where man is going and the end of history.
    What God has done about the problem of human guilt.

For this reason I also believe the Bible is beautiful as well as truthful.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 13:22
    @sonship said
    Three giant figures of the 19th century attempted to replace the Bible.
    Quotes please of these three figures declaring that they were trying "to replace the Bible". I am unaware of any such stated intentions. Maybe there were. This could be very interesting. Quotes, please.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '19 13:24
    @sonship
    ...or is it just you making something up [yet again] and projecting it onto some people [yet again] so that you can construct some kind of strawman [yet again]?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree